Chaske Spencer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chaske (pronounced Chess-Kay) Spencer was born in Oklahoma. He lived through his childhood in Montana, Kooskie Idaho, Lapwai and Lewiston Idaho. (Lapwai and Lewiston are 20 min apart) He has two younger sisters. His mom is a teacher at a local Alternative High School, and his father is a Counselor at another High School. He graduated from Clearwater Valley High School. He acted as a kid/young teen at the Lewiston Civic Theater. He went to college at Lewis Clark State College for a year before dropping out to pursue his acting career. He struggled doing odd jobs and taking lessons from coaches like David Gideon and Ed Kovens. Then he got a role in the 2002 in the film "Skins", which then lead to "Dreamkeeper", and "Into the West". He's 34, He's single, and a Pisces. His heritage includes Sioux, Nez Perce, Cherokee, Creek, French, and Dutch.
- His favorite books are The Legend of Crazy Horse, A Spy by Nature, Bright Lights Big City, The Outsiders, All The Pretty Horses, and Scar Tissue.
- He has two younger sisters.
- He shares a house in a Brooklyn, N.Y. neighborhood with Five O'Clock Heroes bass player Adam Morse.
- His favorite movies are With Out Limits, The Dark Knight, Casino Royal, Miami Vice, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Pulp Fiction, (both) Kill Bill, Superbad, Iron Man, The Big Lebowski, I Am Legend, ALI, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- He enjoys sky diving, new music, film, Native American culture, politics, world issues, travel, books, and people.
- Chaske is a Native American Indian or First Nation descendant of Lakota (Sioux) Nation.
- He had to put on 15 pounds of muscle for the film "New Moon".
- His favorite music artists are Jay Z, Gun n Roses, My Morning Jacket, Miles Davis, Steve Wonder, Kings of Leon, The National, Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Stones, Jane's Addiction, Q Tip, John Legend, The Black Keys, T.I., Mars Volta, Johnny Cash, anything Motown. Ryan Adams.