Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK
Charity Wakefield's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Wakefield was born September 1980 in Sussex, England. At a couple of months old she moved with her mother, Caroline, to L'Ampolla in Catalonia, Spain. They returned to England when Wakefield was four. She has a half-sister, Olivia. Her maternal grandfather was actor James Hayter.
Wakefield went to Bexhill College, and studied acting at the Oxford School of Drama from 2000 to 2003. As well as acting, she plays the violin and has a strong soprano singing voice.
Wakefield made her screen debut in 2004, in (Past Present Future) Imperfect. She starred in a BBC1 production of Rapunzel, in which Rapunzel is a young tennis star, and also appeared in Casualty 1907.
Her theatre credits include Yesterday Was a Weird Day, a production about the 2005 London bombings, Constance in The Three Musketeers at the Bristol Old Vic, and Elaine in The Graduate, at the New Vic. Wakefield's performance as Susan in Baby with the Bathwater at the Old Red Lion Theatre was called "fabulous."
In 2008 she toured in a revival of W. Somerset Maugham's The Circle at the Chichester Festival Theatre, as well as working on the BBC comedy pilot Freddi.She appeared in the Channel 4 drama Any Human Heart and played the lead in the British film noir Scar Tissue. In March 2012 she was cast in Mockingbird Lane, the re-imagining of The Munsters for NBC.
She recently appeared as Mary Boleyn in the 2015 BBC2 television series Wolf Hall. She also appeared in the NBC drama The Player with Philip Winchester and Wesley Snipes.
- She is the granddaughter of the British film actor 'James Hayter' (qv) - who appeared in _The 39 Steps (1959)_ (qv) and Tom Brown's School Days.
- Parents; mother and her mother's husband [whom she considers to be her father] live in the UK - but her natural father lives in San Francisco, so she has been to the US a few times and would consider doing projects over there.
- Studied acting at the Oxford School of Drama, 2000 to 2003.
- For _"Sense & Sensibility" (2008)_ (qv) she bought an electric piano on eBay and learned all the songs, so it really was her playing.
- She lived in Spain when she was young; the village festivals she took part in there and the pantomimes & plays experienced throughout school [in England] influenced her decision to be an actress.
Related sites for this celeb