65 (passed away Jan. 19th, 1998)
Apr. 9th, 1932
Tiptonville, Tennessee, USA
Carl Perkins' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is portrayed by Country Artist 'Johnny Holiday (III)' (qv) in Walk The Line (2005).
- (1956) Injured in road accident on the way to appearing on the Ed Sullivan show
- Last album "Friends, Family & Legend" in 1992
- (1987) Inducted into the Rock-N-Roll hall of fame
- Founded the Exchange Club Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse in 1980. Owned and operated the Suede Club in Jackson, Tennessee.
- Along with 'Elvis Presley' (qv), 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv), and 'Jerry Lee Lewis' (qv) was a member of celebrated "The Million Dollar Quartet". So named because they were money-makers for 'Sam Phillips (IV)' (qv)'s Sun Records Label.
- Biography in: "American National Biography". Supplement 1, pp. 479-480. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
- He was one of 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv)'s best friends, the two having became close when they were both on Sun Records' roster, and they even wrote songs for the other perform at the time. In unison, Cash developed his addiction to speed and Perkins developed his to alcohol, and (after a car crash ended Perkins career) Cash took him on as part of his touring band.
Related sites for this celeb