Sep. 1st, 1974
Hollywood, California, USA
Burn Gorman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gorman was born in Hollywood, California, where his father worked as a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles. At the age of seven he moved to London, England. He has a wife, Sarah, and two children, Max and Nell , Gorman trained at the Manchester Metropolitan School of Theatre , Outside of London, Gorman has worked with the Nottingham Playhouse, Plymouth Theatre Royal, and Manchester's Royal Exchange Studio and Library and Contact Theatres, where he was nominated for a Manchester Evening News Best Newcomer Award.Other television includes Funland /A Good Thief /Dalziel and Pascoe / Casualty / Merseybeat/ and The Inspector Lynley Mysteries. Gorman has recently starred in the ITV adaptation of Emily Brontë's "Wuthering Heights" as Hindley Earnshaw. He is attached to Sky One's "The Runaway", filming in South Africa in 2010. He also had a small part in Cemetery Junction as one of the police officer.
From December 2008 through October 2009, he played Bill Sikes in Cameron Mackintosh's West End revival of the musical Oliver!. He was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical in the 2010 Whatsonstage Theatre Awards for his performance.
As a musician, Gorman has played in clubs and on stages all over the world, appearing alongside Neneh Cherry, Rodney P and Groove Armada amongst others, and has worked on videos and visuals with The Streets. He was also BBC 1Xtra Human Beatbox Champion.
- Father was Professor of Linguistics at UCLA.
- Daughter Nell was born on the 25th of January 2009. She was originally due on the opening night of Oliver which his wife Sarah attended to support him in the role of Bill Sikes.
- Was featured in Esquire magazines "Hot British Actors for 2008" March issue.
- Born Hollywood, USA to British parents, but spent most of his years growing up in the UK.
- Son Max Hugh Gorman was born in Cardiff, Wales in July 2006 during the filming of _"Torchwood" (2006)_ (qv).