Mar. 7th, 1956
San Fernando Valley, California, USA
5' 10 1/2
Bryan Cranston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bryan Lee Cranston is an American actor, voice actor, writer and director. He is perhaps best known for his roles as Walter White in the AMC drama series Breaking Bad, for which he has won three consecutive Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series EmmyAwards, and as Hal, the father in the Fox situation comedy Malcolm in the Middle. Other notable roles include Dr. Tim Whatley on Seinfeld, Doug Heffernan's neighbor in The King of Queens, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin in From the Earth to the Moon, and Ted Mosby's boss on How I Met Your Mother.
- Enjoys traveling to Hawaii.
- His favorite episode of _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) is the first season episode "Rollerskates." He spent six weeks before filming learning how to rollerskate.
- The last name of the first Blue Ranger on _"Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" (1993)_ (qv) was named after him. He did various work as part of the crew (voice-overs, etc.), so the Blue Ranger's full name became Billy Cranston.
- Produced his "Kidsmartz" safety video with his _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) crew during one of their weeks off.
- Always grows a beard and mustache during his _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) hiatus.
- Was singled out by frequent _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) director 'Todd Holland (I)' (qv) during his Emmy speech in 2001. Cranston had been overlooked that year, and Holland proclaimed that he would "stand up here soon." Cranston was subsequently nominated for the first-time the next year.
- Honored as Grand Marshal of the 2006 Sherman Oaks, CA, Street Fair by the Chamber of Commerce for his leadership in the community and his protection of children through KidSmartz.
- Got his start at the Granada Theatre in the San Fernando Valley, California.