Mar. 7th, 1956
San Fernando Valley, California, USA
5' 10 1/2
Bryan Cranston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bryan Lee Cranston is an American actor, voice actor, writer and director. He is perhaps best known for his roles as Walter White in the AMC drama series Breaking Bad, for which he has won three consecutive Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series EmmyAwards, and as Hal, the father in the Fox situation comedy Malcolm in the Middle. Other notable roles include Dr. Tim Whatley on Seinfeld, Doug Heffernan's neighbor in The King of Queens, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin in From the Earth to the Moon, and Ted Mosby's boss on How I Met Your Mother.
- The last name of the first Blue Ranger on _"Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" (1993)_ (qv) was named after him. He did various work as part of the crew (voice-overs, etc.), so the Blue Ranger's full name became Billy Cranston.
- Enjoys traveling to Hawaii.
- Impersonated 'Brad Garrett (I)' (qv)'s _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv) voice shortly after losing to him for the second year in a row at the 2004 Emmy Awards. The crowd laughed hysterically, as did 'Brad Garrett (I)' (qv) himself.
- Always grows a beard and mustache during his _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) hiatus.
- Has a dog named Sugar, saved from a local Los Angeles pound.
- At one point considered becoming a police officer, and went to high school, and was friends with, Daniel Cameron.
- Presented the category "Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series" at the 2004 Emmy Awards with his _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Jane Kaczmarek' (qv). Ironically enough, Bryan had been eligible for that category (for directing the _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) episode "Stereo Store") but did not receive a nomination.
- Produced his "Kidsmartz" safety video with his _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) crew during one of their weeks off.