Sep. 7th, 1936
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Bruce Gray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bruce Gray (born September 7, 1936) is a Puerto Rican-born Canadian actor.
Gray is probably best known to Canadian audiences for his portrayal of investment banker Adam Cunningham on the Global series Traders, the father of the groom in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and the recurring role of Judge J.E. Reilly on the soap opera Passions and the ghost of Joe's father on the hit television show Medium.
However, he has made appearances in American media; particularly in science fiction. He portrayed Sky Marshall Dienes in the movie version of Starship Troopers, an interrogator of Captain John Sheridan on Babylon 5, legendary Vulcan philosopher Surak on Star Trek Enterprise and Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy in the 2008 film Recount. He appeared several times on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as Admiral Chekote.
He also had a guest-starring role on the popular cable television series Queer as Folk, playing gay millionaire George Schickel.
Gray was the face of the leader of a fictitious anti-Amsterdam organization in a print and internet advertising campaign for Amstel beer.
- Graduated from the University of Toronto with a Masters degree in Psychology before heading to London, England, in 1960.
- Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Canadian parents. He returned to Toronto with them when he was thirteen.
- Was candidate for "Mr. Canada" in his high-school yearbook.
- Attended Humberside Collegiate Institute (high school), where he was an honours student and a member of the swim team and the student council.
- Best known in Canada for his role of Adam Cunningham on _"Traders" (1996)_ (qv) (1996-2000).
Related sites for this celeb