32 (passed away Dec. 20th, 2009)
Nov. 10th, 1977
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Brittany Murphy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Perhaps it was being born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Edison, New Jersey that bestowed Brittany Murphy with the adaptability that has allowed her to conquer a fairly prodigious amount of projects for her 25 years. Brittany first honed her acting skills in regional theater at the age of 9. By age 13, she had signed on with a manager and began appearing in television commercials. In 1991, at the age of 13, Brittany and her mother moved to Burbank, California, where she landed her first television role on the show "Blossom" (1991). This lead to a starring role on "Drexell's Class" (1991), a series that proved to be short lived. Brittany's major breakthrough film appearance was in Clueless (1995), the Emma meets "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990) comedy, in which she starred opposite of Alicia Silverstone. She has gone on to demonstrate her versatility and talent for not only comedy but drama; Brittany was nominated for best leading female performance in the Young Artist Awards for her role in the television film David and Lisa (1998) (TV). Aside from the 25 screen appearances since her Clueless (1995) breakthrough, Brittany has lean her vocal talents, established in the early 1990s as a lead singer of her band "Blessed Soul", to the cartoon "King of the Hill" (1997) as the voice of Luanne. She now resides in Los Angeles, where she lives with her mother. Date of Death 20 December 2009, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Presenter for the 61st Golden Globes.
- Ranked 32nd on the Maxim Hot 100 in 2003.
- Was set to star in a biopic of 'Janis Joplin' (qv), but the film was grounded over battles for the rights to Joplin's songs. She had won the role over 'Courtney Love' (qv) and 'Emily Watson (I)' (qv).
- Sings on 'Paul Oakenfold' (qv)'s hit single "Faster Kill Pussycat" [Highest UK chart position no. 7, June 2006].
- Named #8 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- An only child.
- 'Eric Balfour' (qv) was a member of her band, "Blessed SOul", in the '90s.
- In the early '90s, she was the lead singer in her band, called "Blessed Soul".