75 (passed away Jun. 24th, 1997)
Nov. 14th, 1921
Bayonne, New Jersey, USA
Brian Keith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Son of character actor Robert Keith (I) and stage actress Helena Shipman. He grew up on the road with his parents while they toured in plays. First appeared at age 3 in film Pied Piper Malone (1924) with his father. Began acting in radio programs and on stage before World War II. Joined the Marines and served as a machine gunner. Returned to Broadway stage after the war and branched out into television and film. Worked as an extra in several films before achieving speaking roles and subsequent stardom.
- His mother, Helena Shipman, died on October 26, 1983.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- His third wife 'Victoria Young (I)' (qv) co-starred with him on _"The Brian Keith Show" (1972)_ (qv), she played a nurse.
- Father, with 'Victoria Young (I)' (qv), of 'Daisy Keith' (qv).
- At the time of his death, he was suffering from emphysema and terminal lung cancer, as well as mourning the recent gunshot suicide of his 27-year-old daughter, 'Daisy Keith' (qv), only ten weeks prior. His own suicide happened after he returned from a stay at a hospital.
- His hobbies included: partying, golfing, swimming, spending time with family, sailing, horseback riding, reading and painting.
- Before he was a successful actor, he began acting in stock productions and on radio.
- Beat out three other actors for the role of the title character in _"Hardcastle and McCormick" (1983)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb