Dec. 18th, 1963
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
Brad Pitt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brad Pitt (born December 18,1963) in Oklahoma and raised in Springfield, Missouri. His mother's name is Jane Etta Hillhouse. His father, William (Bill) Pitt, worked in management at a trucking firm in Springfield. He has a younger brother, Douglas (Doug) Pitt and a younger sister Julie Neal Pitt. At Kickapoo High School, Pitt was involved in sports, debating, student government and school musicals. Pitt attended the University of Missouri, where he majored in journalism with a focus on advertising. He occasionally acted in fraternity shows. He left college two credits short of graduating to move to California. Before he became successful at acting, Pitt supported himself by driving strippers in limos, moving refrigerators and dressing as a giant chicken while working for "el Pollo Loco."
- Donated 5 million dollars of his own money to rebuild homes in Katrina-ravaged New Orleans.
- Made a cameo appearance with 'Matt Damon' (qv) for free in _Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)_ (qv) as a favor to _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv) costar and close friend 'George Clooney' (qv) - the film was Clooney's directorial debut.
- Dated 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv). They met on the set of the NBC movie of the week _Too Young to Die? (1990) (TV)_ (qv). They also did _Kalifornia (1993)_ (qv) together.
- Was considered for the lead in _The Matrix (1999)_ (qv).
- Was a journalism major in college with an advertising focus.
- (1991) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1991" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 43.
- In Nov. 2005 he visited Pakistan with Angelina Jolie to see the impact of the 2005 Kashmir earthquake. In 2006, Jolie and Pitt also went to Haiti where they visited a school supported by Yéle Haïti, a charity founded by Haitian-born hip hop musician Wyclef Jean.
- (1995) Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#23).