Apr. 14th, 1960
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brad Garrett is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor and professional poker player. He has appeared in numerous television and film roles. Garrett was initially successful as a stand-up comedian in the early 1980s.
- Son, Maxwell Bradley Garrett, was born on October 14, 1998 with ex-wife Jill Diven.
- Declined to do a spin-off with his character Robert Barone from _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- Has sometimes struggled for acting work due to his large size. In order to play the title role in the TV movie _Gleason (2002) (TV)_ (qv) (the real 'Jackie Gleason (I)' (qv) being only about 6 feet tall), the other actors were often either also tall or wearing huge lifts.
- Got his start when he won first prize on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv).
- He guest-starred in episode "Road Rayge" (episode # 1.9) of _"The King of Queens" (1998)_ (qv) as Robert Barone, his character from _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- He's heavily valued as an actor for his towering physical stature, as well as a voice-over actor for his loud, thundering and threatening voice.
- Studied at the 'Lee Strasberg' (qv) Theater Institute.
- Graduated from El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills, California in 1978.