Apr. 2nd, 1981
Hollywood, Florida, USA
Bethany Joy Galeotti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bethany Joy Lenz (born April 2, 1981) in Hollywood Florida, and now resides in North Carolina where her current project - the WB hit One Tree Hill (2003) - is filmed. Lenz plays "Haley James Scott", wife to 'James Lafferty's "Nathan", and childhood mate of Chad Michael Murray's "Lucas".
Prior to One Tree Hill (2003), Bethany spent most of her acting career on the stage. She has called Musical theater her passion, and has performed in various productions of Annie, The Wizard of Oz, Gypsy, Cinderella, etc...
After moving from Texas to New York, Bethany portrayed "Michelle Bauer Santos" on CBS's The Guiding Light (1952). When her two year contract ended there, she left New York and moved to Los Angeles and guest starred on shows like Charmed (1998), Felicity (1998) and The Guardian (2001). She also appeared in Los Angeles stage productions of The Outsiders - directed by 'Arthur Allan Seidelman', and Happy Days (as Pinky Tuscadero) - directed by 'Garry Marshall'.
She is also an accomplished singer trained in New York by Richard Barrett, the director of the Brooklyn College of Opera, and in Los Angeles by renowned voice teacher Eric Vetro ('Jennifer Garner', 'John Stamos', 'Ewan McGregor').
- Starred/worked with Richard Lee Jackson in "Bring It On Again" and is now married to Richard Lee Jackson's band mate Michael Galeotti from their band Enation.
- Released the limited CD "Preincarnate" featuring eight original tracks (2002)
- Her hobbies are Photography, painting, writing, horseback riding, knitting, and making stationery.
- Goes by her middle name "Joy."
- Played, on guitar, and sang the National Anthem in the One Tree Hill cast Super Bowl in early 2004.
- The unusual spelling of her name was adopted in her early teens.
- Her favorite TV shows are: _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv), _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv), _"I Love Lucy" (1951)_ (qv), _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv), _"Arrested Development" (2003)_ (qv) and _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- She has a 13 year old sister, who is not allowed to watch her on the WB's _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv).