Apr. 2nd, 1981
Hollywood, Florida, USA
Bethany Joy Galeotti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bethany Joy Lenz (born April 2, 1981) in Hollywood Florida, and now resides in North Carolina where her current project - the WB hit One Tree Hill (2003) - is filmed. Lenz plays "Haley James Scott", wife to 'James Lafferty's "Nathan", and childhood mate of Chad Michael Murray's "Lucas".
Prior to One Tree Hill (2003), Bethany spent most of her acting career on the stage. She has called Musical theater her passion, and has performed in various productions of Annie, The Wizard of Oz, Gypsy, Cinderella, etc...
After moving from Texas to New York, Bethany portrayed "Michelle Bauer Santos" on CBS's The Guiding Light (1952). When her two year contract ended there, she left New York and moved to Los Angeles and guest starred on shows like Charmed (1998), Felicity (1998) and The Guardian (2001). She also appeared in Los Angeles stage productions of The Outsiders - directed by 'Arthur Allan Seidelman', and Happy Days (as Pinky Tuscadero) - directed by 'Garry Marshall'.
She is also an accomplished singer trained in New York by Richard Barrett, the director of the Brooklyn College of Opera, and in Los Angeles by renowned voice teacher Eric Vetro ('Jennifer Garner', 'John Stamos', 'Ewan McGregor').
- Impressed producers so much during her three week stint as "Teenage Reva Clone" on _"The Guiding Light" (1952)_ (qv), she was re-hired later that year in the contract role of "Michelle Bauer" on the daytime serial.
- Played, on guitar, and sang the National Anthem in the One Tree Hill cast Super Bowl in early 2004.
- She has a 13 year old sister, who is not allowed to watch her on the WB's _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv).
- She has a springer spaniel named Scout, and two cats named Noah and Allie, the lead characters in the film _The Notebook (2004)_ (qv), and the book by 'Nicholas Sparks (I)' (qv), on which the film is based.
- Changed her last name from Lenz to Galeotti when she got married. It is reflected on the credits of One Tree Hill.
- The unusual spelling of her name was adopted in her early teens.
- Her prized possession is Journals.
- Her favorite musicians are: 'Sheryl Crow' (qv), 'U2 (I)' (qv), 'Coldplay' (qv), "and anything that's not a sellout".