May. 3rd, 1959
London, England, UK
Ben Elton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He and Andrew Lloyd Webber were awarded the 2000 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama) for Best New Musical for The Beautiful Game performed at the Cambridge Theatre.
- He and 'Richard Curtis (I)' (qv) were offered the chance to write "Police Academy - The London Beat", but turned it down.
- Was a host of The Prince's Trust 30th Birthday: Live.
- His comedy, Popcorn performed at the Apollo Theatre, was awarded the 1998 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best New Comedy of the 1997 season.
- He provided lyrics for Andrew Lloyd Webber Musical, The Beautiful Game, which was nominated for Best Musical at the Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards in 2001 (2000 season).
- Already a successful comedian, Ben Elton turned to writing situation comedies during the 1980s and penned BBC classics such as _"The Young Ones" (1982)_ (qv), _"Blackadder II" (1986)_ (qv), _"Blackadder the Third" (1987)_ (qv), _"Blackadder Goes Forth" (1989)_ (qv) and during the 1990s _"The Thin Blue Line" (1995)_ (qv).
- Is co-writer of the 'Queen (I)' (qv) Musical 'We Will Rock You' with the band itself.
- Has three children : Bert, Lottie and Fred.
Related sites for this celeb