Oct. 16th, 1940
Lamesa, Texas, USA
Barry Corbin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Barry's full given name is Leonard Barrie Corbin, and he was born on October 16, 1940, to Kilmer Blain Corbin, an attorney, and Alma Corbin, an elementary school teacher in Lamesa, Texas. Barry has a daughter named Shannon Ross, with whom he shares his 15-acre ranch in Fort Worth, Texas, when he isn't working. He says that he rides horses there every chance he gets.
- Played General Carville in the Red Alert and Red Alert 2 computer games.
- His family originally came from Virginia where they were farmers. Eventually the family wound up in Texas. The eldest of three children, his father, Kilmer Blaine Corbin, was a lawyer, judge and school principal. He was also the youngest State Senator at the time he entered the Senate at age 26. He served two terms before being beaten. Mother Alma was an elementary school teacher.
- At 21, Barry left his Texas university to join the Marine Corps and spent about two years at Camp Pendleton in California, training South Vietnamese officers. He remained in the Marine Corps Reserve, rejoining the 40th Rifle Company in Lubbock, Texas, as an assistant Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) man. He was discharged in August 1963.
- Father of 'Christopher Corbin' (qv).
- A daughter that he didn't know he had, found him in 1991.
- Like his father, he attended Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. He appeared in a number of college plays from 1960 through 1964, including "The Merry Wives of Windsor" (as Falstaff), "The Imaginary Invalid" (title role), "A View from the Bridge" (as Tony), and Ondine (as Auguste).
- Is father of Shannon (b. 1965), Bernard (b. 1970), Jim (b. 1979) and Chris (b. 1982).
- Is the official "Station Voice" of KPLX-FM 99.5 The Wolf, Dallas, Texas.