Feb. 26th, 1953
Portland, Oregon, USA
Barbara Niven's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Barbara Lee Buholz-Niven (born February 26, 1953) is an American actress.
Niven was born in Portland, Oregon and attended Beverly Hills Playhouse.
Niven is one of Hollywood’s busiest actresses. She has more than 100 TV and film roles, and over 2,500 radio and TV commercials and infomercials, to her credit. Niven can be recognized for her series regular roles on the soap operas The Bold and the Beautiful as Brenda Dickerson and One Life to Live as Liz Coleman Reynolds. She also appeared in the series Pensacola: Wings of Gold from 1998 to 2000.
Niven’s other TV credits include guest-starring and recurring roles on NCIS, Cold Case, Eli Stone, E.R., Las Vegas, Charmed and Frasier. She has also starred in a long list of made-for-TV movies, beginning with her portrayal of Marilyn Monroe in HBO’s The Rat Pack. Her other credits include Lifetime Network’s Stranger in My Bed, Double Cross, The Perfect Neighbor, Murder in My House, The Rival and A Valentine Carol.
Her previous Hallmark Channel credits are lead roles in Tiger Cruise (2004), Wedding Daze (2004), Back to You & Me (2005), Mystery Woman: Wild West Murder (2006) and McBride: Semper Fi (2007). Most recently, she has had lead roles in The Wife He Met Online and Her Mother’s Secret.
In 2013, Niven was cast in Hallmark Channel first original drama series Cedar Cove, opposite 'Andie MacDowell' and 'Bruce Boxleitner'.
Niven has also appeared in several feature films, including Yours, Mine and Ours, All You’ve Got, Us and A Perfect Ending, to name a few.
When she’s not acting, Niven’s passion is to assist others find their voice and achieve their potential. She speaks on several motivational topics, including “Shine Your Light & Live Your Dreams" and "ACT as if!" She also speaks about her former eating disorder in “Eating Disorders & Pressures to be Perfect,” and has appeared on national TV shows talking about the pressure to be thin in Hollywood.
Niven has written two bestselling books, Get Your Woman On and How Did You Do That!
Niven has been married and divorced three times; first is Ronald Garrison (30 November 1974 - ?). Next was David Alexander (4 May 1985 - ?). Then it was
David Niven Jr. (19 June 1993 - 1998).
- Had daughter Jessica when she was young.
- Has built her own official web site where she occasionally communicates with her fans.
- Ex-daughter-in-law of 'David Niven (I)' (qv) and 'Primula Rollo' (qv).
- Has dual USA and Canadian citizenship.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Jamie Niven' (qv).
- Studies acting with 'Milton Katselas' (qv) at The Beverly Hills Playhouse.
- Was an exceptional student. In the third grade, she did so much extra credit homework that she began suffering from migraines. After a meeting with her parents, teacher and principal, she was barred from doing any homework for the rest of the year.
- Speaks at seminars about her personal struggle to overcome an eating disorder.
Related sites for this celeb