79 (passed away Oct. 16th, 1997)
Sep. 24th, 1918
Los Angeles, California, USA
Audra Lindley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Audra was born in Los Angeles, California to parents in show business. She got her early start in Hollywood by being a stand-in, which eventually progressed to stunt work. After a while it did not go to her liking and she went to New York in her mid-twenties to take her talent to the stage. Among her many Broadway plays were: "On Golden Pond", "Playhouse 90", "Long Day's Journey in to Night","Horse Heavens" and many others. Within that period, she took time away and was married and raised five children. She went on to make many films and numerous television shows. Her most notable is the zany, yet lovable wife landlord , 'Mrs. Helen Roper' on "Three's Company" (1977). She died in the fall of 1997 while doing recurring work on shows "Cybill" (1995) and _"Nothing Sacred" (1997/I)_, after a battle with leukemia.
- Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, USA. She is buried with her father Bert Lindley. Her name does not appear on the marker.
- Former stepmother of James Whitmore Jr.; Steve Whitmore; and Dan Whitmore.
- Wore an auburn colored wig over her natural hair during her role as Helen Roper on _"Three's Company" (1977)_ (qv) (1977-1979), and in the same role on the spinoff show, _"The Ropers" (1979)_ (qv) (1979-1980).
- After taping an episode of _"Cybill" (1995)_ (qv), she admitted herself into a hospital as she felt mildly ill. Having been previously diagnosed with leukemia, and doing prescribed treatments, there was no immediate concern for her condition, as she was in high spirits during her stay. It was the following day when she unexpectedly died, and at her beside was the script for the next episode of _"Cybill" (1995)_ (qv) in which she recently earned a recurring role.
- Worked her way up as an extra, stand-in, stunt double and eventually contract player with Warner Brothers.
- Quit school at age fifteen.
Related sites for this celeb