Feb. 7th, 1978
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Ashton Kutcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
In 1997 he was a biochemical engineering student at the University of Iowa, working at General Mills sweeping Cheerio dust from the floor in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for $12 an hour. He also has a fraternal twin brother, Michael, and a sister, Tausha. He grew up in rural Homestead, Iowa, graduating from Clear Creek-Amana High School in Tiffin, Iowa.
- Wrestled in high school. In his senior year he injured himself and had to quit.
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _Open Season (2006)_ (qv) and _The Guardian (2006/I)_ (qv) (September 29 2006).
- Of mostly Irish American descent. He also has some Native American and Bohemian (the source of his surname) ancestry
- Lost out to 'Josh Hartnett' (qv) for a role in _Pearl Harbor (2001)_ (qv).
- While as a guest on _"The View" (1997)_ (qv), he explained he quit smoking cigarettes for his role in _The Guardian (2006/I)_ (qv) by reading the book, "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by 'Allen Carr' (qv).
- Has a fraternal twin brother, Michael, & an older sister, Tausha
- He auditioned for a role at NBC and knew he didn't land it. As he was leaving, an executive asked him to read for a new NBC pilot called _"Wind on Water" (1998)_ (qv). "I went and did a cold reading of the character and found out I had gotten the job but told them I had to read the script first and after reading it, decided I did not want to be a cowboy surfer. My agent had told me about a series called "Teenage Wasteland" (later renamed _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv)) and I went in to read and told them I had to know if I had gotten the role by 3:45 that afternoon. I was supposed to tell NBC if I wanted the role on _"Wind on Water" (1998)_ (qv) by 4:00 p.m. Luckily, I got the role on this show". _"Wind on Water" (1998)_ (qv) was canceled after two episodes.
- Older sister Tausha (born 1975) has a daughter, Dakota (born 1999).