Feb. 7th, 1978
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Ashton Kutcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
In 1997 he was a biochemical engineering student at the University of Iowa, working at General Mills sweeping Cheerio dust from the floor in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for $12 an hour. He also has a fraternal twin brother, Michael, and a sister, Tausha. He grew up in rural Homestead, Iowa, graduating from Clear Creek-Amana High School in Tiffin, Iowa.
- He auditioned for a role at NBC and knew he didn't land it. As he was leaving, an executive asked him to read for a new NBC pilot called _"Wind on Water" (1998)_ (qv). "I went and did a cold reading of the character and found out I had gotten the job but told them I had to read the script first and after reading it, decided I did not want to be a cowboy surfer. My agent had told me about a series called "Teenage Wasteland" (later renamed _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv)) and I went in to read and told them I had to know if I had gotten the role by 3:45 that afternoon. I was supposed to tell NBC if I wanted the role on _"Wind on Water" (1998)_ (qv) by 4:00 p.m. Luckily, I got the role on this show". _"Wind on Water" (1998)_ (qv) was canceled after two episodes.
- His twin brother Michael was born with a septal heart defect.
- Has a fraternal twin brother, Michael, & an older sister, Tausha
- Owns a restaurant in Los Angeles called Dolce.
- Is ranked #35 on Premiere Magazine's 50 Most Disturbing Moments in Movie History. Kutcher's face is just placed there, instead of an explanation as to why.
- Won the Fresh Faces of Iowa modeling contest in 1997, sparking a modeling career in New York City.
- Used to have a job sweeping the floor at a General Mills plant
- Was the first of the six primary cast members of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to receive a Razzie Award nomination. He was nominated for Worst Actor of 2004 for his roles in the films _Cheaper by the Dozen (2003)_ (qv), _Just Married (2003)_ (qv) and _My Boss's Daughter (2003)_ (qv). However, he did not win.