Aug. 9th, 1983
Camarillo, California, USA
Ashley Johnson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ashley Suzanne Johnson (born August 9, 1983) is an American actress, singer, and voice actress. She is known for her roles as Chrissy Seaver in the sitcom Growing Pains and for playing Mel Gibson's character's daughter in What Women Want.
Born in Camarillo, California, the youngest daughter of Nancy (Spruiell) Johnson, an independent film producer; and Clifford Johnson (died in July 2000 from cancer), who was the captain of an exploration ship. She is of Swedish, Danish, Irish, Scottish and Native American descent. When Johnson was nine days old, her father's job took him to Michigan. The family settled in the village of Franklin, among Detroit's affluent northern suburbs. Johnson graduated from high school when she was 15.
Johnson attended the International School of Music, where she studied violin and piano; she also plays guitar and cello. When not acting or studying music, Johnson co-runs the photography company Infinity Pictures, with her friend, production assistant Mila Shah.
Johnson has an older brother, Chris, who worked on the television show The District. Her older sister, 'Haylie Johnson', who is an actress and a musician.She is best known for her role as Haylie on Kids Incorporated. Haylie is married to musician Jonny Lang.
As a voice actress she is well known for the part of Gretchen Grundler in Disney's Recess as well as for Gwen Tennyson in the series Ben 10: Alien Force, and its two successors Ben 10: Ultimate Alien and Ben 10: Omniverse and Terra in Teen Titans and its sequel series, Teen Titans Go!.
In 2012, Johnson played a small role as the New York City waitress Beth who is saved by Captain America in The Avengers. In 2013, she played the role of Ellie in the video game The Last of Us.
- She attends the International School of Music for Violin and Piano. She also plays guitar and cello. She is in a band with her sister Haylie.
- Younger sister of 'Haylie Johnson' (qv) who is married to musician 'Jonny Lang' (qv).
- Father passed away from cancer in July of 2000.
- She is Swedish, Norwegian, Irish, Scottish and Native American. (Her father was from Sweden).
- She loves to snowboard and surf and she is an avid gun shooter.
- Graduated when she was 15 and started going to GCC at 16 to get her Gen. Ed. out of the way. She is going to major in cinematography when she gets some time off from work.
- Former Miss Jr. Michigan
- Before she was even twenty-one years old, Ashley had already been a part of the casts of 8 different TV series.
Related sites for this celeb