Feb. 12th, 1956
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Arsenio Hall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Arsenio Hall is an American actor, comedian, and former talk show host.
- He was a member of Ohio University's forensics (competitive speech) team. The team has also had 'Nancy Cartwright (I)' (qv) (voice of Bart Simpson) and Leon Harris (morning anchor, CNN) as members.
- M.C. at the Sheba Lounge in Chicago, late 1970s and early '80s. Praised and encouraged to pursue a professional career by singer 'Nancy Wilson', for whom he did an opening act.
- In 1987, he was the most popular of several rotating guests who replaced 'Joan Rivers' (qv) as host of the fledgling Fox network's new late night talk show, _"The Late Show" (1986)_ (qv) after Rivers was fired. He later got his own show syndicated by Paramount, _"The Arsenio Hall Show" (1989)_ (qv). Hall and Rivers are good friends, and Hall had Rivers as a guest on his new show at Paramount.
- He appeared in a TV commercial for Tab Cola in the mid-1980s.
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy" by Ronald L. Smith, pg. 202-204. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- Graduated from Warrensville Heights High School, Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
- Graduated from Kent State University.
- Has one son, Arsenio Jr.
Related sites for this celeb