Feb. 12th, 1956
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Arsenio Hall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Arsenio Hall is an American actor, comedian, and former talk show host.
- Arsenio Hall (as a character named Chunky A) put out an album entitled "Large And In Charge." 'Paula Abdul' (qv), 'Wil Wheaton' (qv), and 'Ice-T' (qv) are among the guests that appear on the album.
- Graduated from Warrensville Heights High School, Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
- In 1987, he was the most popular of several rotating guests who replaced 'Joan Rivers' (qv) as host of the fledgling Fox network's new late night talk show, _"The Late Show" (1986)_ (qv) after Rivers was fired. He later got his own show syndicated by Paramount, _"The Arsenio Hall Show" (1989)_ (qv). Hall and Rivers are good friends, and Hall had Rivers as a guest on his new show at Paramount.
- He was a member of Ohio University's forensics (competitive speech) team. The team has also had 'Nancy Cartwright (I)' (qv) (voice of Bart Simpson) and Leon Harris (morning anchor, CNN) as members.
- Has one son, Arsenio Jr.
- Graduated from Kent State University.
- As a teenager, he was an accomplished magician.
- Was the original voice of Winston Zeddemore on the animated series _"The Real Ghost Busters" (1986)_ (qv), beating out 'Ernie Hudson' (qv), who had played Winston in the theatrical films _Ghost Busters (1984)_ (qv) and _Ghostbusters II (1989)_ (qv). Hall was reportedly confused when he arrived at the audition and saw Hudson auditioning for the role Hudson originated in the films. Hall was later replaced by 'Buster Jones' (qv), and Jones later reprised the role in an episode of _"Extreme Ghostbusters" (1997)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb