Dec. 31st, 1937
Margam, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, Wales, UK
Anthony Hopkins' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins CBE, better known as Anthony Hopkins, is a Welsh actor, director, producer, widely considered to be one of the world's greatest living actors.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his performance in the film _Alexander (2004)_ (qv), however, he failed to receive a nomination. Had he gotten the nomination, it would have been his first in 24 years. He was previously nominated for Worst Actor in the film _A Change of Seasons (1980)_ (qv) at the very first Razzie Awards.
- Though dyslexic, he's always possessed a great memory for scripts.
- 1987: Awarded Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- Piano virtuoso.
- Attended Cowbridge boys grammar school as a youth.
- Is a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), Stratford Upon Avon, England, where he spent three seasons after graduating from RADA.
- The Anthony Hopkins Theatre at the Theatre Clwyd Cymru in Mold, North Wales, UK was named in his honour.
- 9/20/05: On _"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)_ (qv), he said that he is most proud of _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv), _The Remains of the Day (1993)_ (qv) and _Proof (2005)_ (qv).