Dec. 31st, 1937
Margam, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, Wales, UK
Anthony Hopkins' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins CBE, better known as Anthony Hopkins, is a Welsh actor, director, producer, widely considered to be one of the world's greatest living actors.
- Piano virtuoso.
- Ate the same menu as 'Pablo Picasso' (qv) during the filming of _Surviving Picasso (1996)_ (qv), in which he played Picasso.
- Turned down the role of Alfred Pennyworth in _Batman Begins (2005)_ (qv).
- Quit smoking cigarettes using the 'Allen Carr' (qv) method.
- Was considered for the role of Jack Byrnes in _Meet the Parents (2000)_ (qv).
- Is proud of his improvisational touches as Hannibal Lecter in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv) such as: the unnerving effect on 'Jodie Foster' (qv) when he mocked her character's West Virginia accent; the distorion of the word "chianti" and the vile slurping sound he makes after he describes eating the "census-taker." Hopkins also notes that Hannibal never blinked his eyes when he spoke.
- Father of 'Abigail Hopkins' (qv)
- Has the distinction of portraying two U.S. Presidents: 'Richard Nixon' (qv) in _Nixon (1995)_ (qv), and John Quincy Adams in _Amistad (1997)_ (qv). He received Oscar nominations for both performances.