Dec. 31st, 1937
Margam, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, Wales, UK
Anthony Hopkins' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins CBE, better known as Anthony Hopkins, is a Welsh actor, director, producer, widely considered to be one of the world's greatest living actors.
- Was set to play Jor-El in _Superman Returns (2006)_ (qv), but when director 'Brett Ratner' (qv) left the project, so did Hopkins.
- Piano virtuoso.
- Daughter, 'Abigail Hopkins' (qv), is a longtime friend of actress 'Jennifer Blanc' (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his performance in the film _Alexander (2004)_ (qv), however, he failed to receive a nomination. Had he gotten the nomination, it would have been his first in 24 years. He was previously nominated for Worst Actor in the film _A Change of Seasons (1980)_ (qv) at the very first Razzie Awards.
- Won a Drama Desk Award Outstanding Actor in a Play for "Equus" (1975).
- The Anthony Hopkins Theatre at the Theatre Clwyd Cymru in Mold, North Wales, UK was named in his honour.
- 1/01: He ranked second in the Orange Film Survey of the greatest British films actors.
- 2006: His performance as Hannibal Lecter in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv) is ranked #70 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time.