Feb. 20th, 1954
Camden, London, England, UK
Anthony Head's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Anthony Stewart Head (born February 20, 1954) in Camden Town, North London, England. He grew up in Hampton, which was near London. He's the youngest son of his parents, Seafield Head (a documentary filmmaker) and 'Helen Shingler' an actress. He has an older brother named 'Murray Head'.
Head has a girlfriend, named Sarah Fisher (they've been living together for the past 15 years). They met each other when he was 28 and she was 18. She's a former theatre administrator, but nowadays she's an animal trainer. They have two daughters, named Emily Rose (b. 1989) and Daisy May (b. 1991).
Besides acting, Head is also a good singer. In 1983, he was in a band named 'Two Way'. The band released a 45 single with three songs, produced by Richard Dodd and Ron Roker. Head's other skills are: horse riding, swimming, scuba diving, piano, guitar and stage fighting.
- Was originally cast in _Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)_ (qv), as a ghost of one of Sweeney Todd's victims. This character would have sung "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd", its reprises, and the "Epilogue". These songs were recorded, but eventually cut before filming began, as director 'Tim Burton (I)' (qv) felt that the songs were too theatrical for the film.
- Grew up in Hampton, and attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
- Father of 'Daisy Head' (qv).
- His own home in Somerset, which he shares with Sarah, Daisy and Emily, was used for the filming of some episodes of _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).
- He is left-handed.
- Brother of 'Murray Head (I)' (qv).
- Once played Dr. Frank N Furter in a London stage production of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". He met his partner, Sarah, at the National Theatre in England. He was performing in 'Danton's Death'.
- His mother, 'Helen Shingler' (qv), played Madame Maigret in the original BBC series of _"Maigret" (1960)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb