Feb. 25th, 1973
White Bluff, Tennessee, USA
Anson Mount's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Attended Columbia University for MFA Acting Program 1995-1998.
Mount is from the small town of White Bluff, Tennessee. His father, Anson Adams Mount II, was one of the original contributing editors to Playboy magazine, and his mother was a professional golfer. Mount has an older brother Anson Adams III and a sister Kristin from his father's first marriage. His great-great-great grandfather was a Confederate cavalry colonel in the Civil War.
Mount attended Dickson County Senior High School in Dickson, Tennessee, The University of the South and Columbia University. At The University of the South, Mount was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- Graduated from the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, in 1995.
- Graduated from Dickson County High School, Nashville, Tennessee, in 1991.
- Was Reluctant to play the role of Ben Kimble in "Crossroads (2002)" because he thought the movie, and the role, was too cheesy and lame. However, while working on the movie "City by the Sea (2002)", co-star Robert DeNiro encouraged Mount to take the part, being that DeNiro is a big Britney Spears fan. During breaks from filming "Sea", Mount and DeNiro would go over the script from the movie; Mount reading his lines and DeNiro reading Spears' lines!
- Graduated from Columbia University, New York, NY, with a MFA in Theater in 1998.
- Only child of pro golfer Nancy Smith (b. c. 1946) and Playboy sports editor Anson Adams Mount III (d. 1986, age 60).
- Was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity.
Related sites for this celeb