70 (passed away Apr. 8th, 2013)
Oct. 22nd, 1942
Utica, New York, USA
Annette Funicello's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Annette Joanne Funicello was an American actress and singer. She began her professional career as a child performer at the age of twelve. She rose to prominence as one of the most popular "Mouseketeers" on the original Mickey Mouse Club. As a teenager, she transitioned to a successful career as a singer with the pop singles "O Dio Mio," "Tall Paul" and "Pineapple Princess", as well as establishing herself as a film actress, popularizing the successful "Beach Party" genre alongside co-star Frankie Avalon during the mid-1960's.
- Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1987.
- In 1977, Annette played the Blue Fairy in Disneylands "Main Street Electrical Parade"
- When she was cast in her first beach movie, 'Walt Disney' (qv) asked her to not wear a bikini and instead wear a one-piece swimsuit because she had an image to uphold. She agreed.
- When she began working for the Disney studio, she suggested to her employer that she change her Italian family name of Funicello to something more "American" as was often done in those days. 'Walt Disney' (qv) vehemently argued against this idea, saying that her own name was actually an asset because it was so unique that no one who heard it would ever be able to forget it and convinced the young actress to retain it.
- Her son, 'Jason Gilardi' (qv), is the drummer for the rock band "Caroline's Spine", which was once signed to the Disney-owned label Hollywood Records. He also appears as "Himself" in her biopic, _A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes: The Annette Funicello Story (1995) (TV)_ (qv).
- 'Paul Anka' (qv) wrote the song "Puppy Love" about his romance with her.
- Measurements: 36-22-36 as stated by her on her 18th birthday (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Is the best friend of 'Shelley Fabares' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb