Jul. 24th, 1982
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Anna Paquin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Anna Paquin is the star of several major motion pictures, including her first Oscar winning performance in The Piano, the role of the young Jane in the 1996 film Jane Eyre, and the role of Amy Alden in the charming family film, Fly Away Home. With a well-developed vocabulary and gentle sense of humor, Paquin proves herself to be the most enchanting young talent working today.
Paquin's rising stardom has often been a cause of charming media shyness, where it is obvious that she is an ordinary girl who happens to posses an extraordinary talent. She has two agents, Gail Cowan in New Zealand, and the William Morris agency in Los Angeles, but neither these nor her parents have much influence in deciding what she films. "In the end", she says, "it's my decision". Paquin's parents separated while she was filming Fly Away Home (1996) in Canada. On Oscar night in 1993, Anna Paquin was the surprise (and surprised) winner of the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She stood, wide-eyed and gulping for breath at the microphone for a full twenty-something-odd seconds before delivering a gracious, though rather breathless thank-you speech.
- She was the original choice to play the character of Enola in 'Kevin Costner' (qv)'s _Waterworld (1995)_ (qv) but, eventually, the role fell to 'Tina Majorino' (qv).
- She keeps her Oscar in her bedroom closet so her friends won't see it and feel the need to comment on it.
- Though she was born in Canada she considers herself a Kiwi from New Zealand since she grew up there.
- college classmate of 'Julia Stiles' (qv).
- Has kept in close contact with 'Shawn Ashmore' (qv) (Iceman/Bobby Drake) and 'Aaron Stanford' (qv) (John Allerdyce/Pyro) after filming _X2 (2003)_ (qv).
- Confirmed that she is engaged to her longtime boyfriend and co-star 'Stephen Moyer (I)' (qv) [August 2009].
- (1997) While filming the movie _Amistad (1997)_ (qv) in Montreal during the summer, she made a side-trip to Toronto to film 5 TV commercials for the telephone company of her old hometown in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She delivers the commercials in a variety of costumes in her Canadian accent rather than her New Zealand one.
- Was number 93 on vh1's _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv).