18 (passed away Aug. 28th, 1976)
Mar. 11th, 1958
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Anissa Jones' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Mary Anissa Jones was an American child actress known for her role as Buffy on the CBS sitcom Family Affair. She died from combined drug intoxication at the age of 18.
- Had a brother who died from a drug overdose in 1984.
- Attended Orville Wright Junior High School.
- Her name, Anissa, was Lebanese for 'little friend'.
- Attended Paseo Del Rey Grammar School.
- Was considered for the role of Violet in _Pretty Baby (1978)_ (qv) but she died before auditions began. 'Brooke Shields' (qv) eventually was cast as Violet and became a controversial movie star.
- The Diodes, a Toronto band from the 1970s, had a song about her called "Child Star" (also released as a single, the flip side of "I'm Tired of Feeling Tired"). The chorus goes: "Uncle Bill/Uncle Bill/I took some pills/Mr. French/Mr. French/I'm feeling tense".
- Tried out for the role of Regan in _The Exorcist (1973)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Linda Blair' (qv).
- Briefly worked at a Winchell's donut shop in Playa del Rey, where she grew up.
Related sites for this celeb