18 (passed away Aug. 28th, 1976)
Mar. 11th, 1958
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Anissa Jones' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Mary Anissa Jones was an American child actress known for her role as Buffy on the CBS sitcom Family Affair. She died from combined drug intoxication at the age of 18.
- Attended Westchester High School from 1973-1976.
- The Diodes, a Toronto band from the 1970s, had a song about her called "Child Star" (also released as a single, the flip side of "I'm Tired of Feeling Tired"). The chorus goes: "Uncle Bill/Uncle Bill/I took some pills/Mr. French/Mr. French/I'm feeling tense".
- Tried out for the role of Regan in _The Exorcist (1973)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Linda Blair' (qv).
- Her death is the subject of the song, "Buffy's Dead."
- Was offered the role of Iris in _Taxi Driver (1976)_ (qv). The part went to 'Jodie Foster' (qv).
- Attended Orville Wright Junior High School.
- Was considered for the role of Violet in _Pretty Baby (1978)_ (qv) but she died before auditions began. 'Brooke Shields' (qv) eventually was cast as Violet and became a controversial movie star.
- Her fatal overdose was of a combination of cocaine, angel dust, Quaaludes and Seconal. The San Diego County coroner said it was one of the most severe cases of drug overdose ever seen in San Diego County.
Related sites for this celeb