Jan. 6th, 1956
London, England, UK
Angus Deayton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Studied languages at Oxford where he took part in a revue at Edinburgh called "You'll Have Had Your Tea By Now". This eventually lead to the Radio Four comedy series "Radio Active", which became "KYTV" for Television. Lately has achieved success in the topical news satire quiz show "Have I Got News For You?"
- His one time partner 'Stephanie De Sykes' (qv) wrote at least two U.K. Eurovision Song Contest entries which makes his programme "Not Another Eurovision Song Contest" somewhat ironic.
- (October 2002) Was dropped as host of the popular satirical news quiz, _"Have I Got News for You" (1990)_ (qv), after 11 years at the helm following a UK newspaper scandal.
- Supporter of the English soccer team Manchester United.
- His mother, Susan Deayton, was an employee at Bletchley Park where the Nazi's Enigma code was cracked during World War II.
- He lives with long-term partner writer 'Lise Mayer' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb