Sep. 9th, 1952
Altrincham, Cheshire, England, UK
Angela Cartwright's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in England, Angela is the younger sister of actress Veronica Cartwright. As a child she was cast as the cute little stepdaughter, Linda Williams, on "Make Room for Daddy" (1953). She was on the show from 1957 to 1964. After that, she was cast as Brigitta in the popular Julie Andrews (I) movie The Sound of Music (1965). Soon after, she returned to series TV as Penny Robinson, young teenage space traveler, in "Lost in Space" (1965), which ran from 1965-1968. Even with cheap special effects and a hokey story line, the show is still popular today. In 1970 Angela had a part in "Make Room for Granddaddy" (1970), a sequel to the original series, but the show was soon canceled. Since that time, she has made a life outside of films.
- Children: 'Rebecca Gullion' (qv) (b. 1981) and 'Jesse Gullion' (qv) (b. 1985).
- Distant cousin of _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv) co-star 'Heather Menzies' (qv).
- Has has taught classes on her art techniques.
- Tested for a part in _The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969)_ (qv) which eventually went to 'Pamela Franklin' (qv).
- Angela Cartwright Artist Papers, recently released, are collections of her images as artist papers, vellums and transparencies.
- Sister of 'Veronica Cartwright' (qv), sister-in-law of 'Richard Compton (I)' (qv).
- Is a fan of _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- Angela and her sister, 'Veronica Cartwright' (qv), have both acted alongside 'Kym Karath' (qv). Veronica in _Spencer's Mountain (1963)_ (qv) and Angela in _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv) and an episode of _"Lost in Space" (1965)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb