Dec. 6th, 1977
Preston, Lancashire, England, UK
Andrew Flintoff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Andrew Flintoff was born in Preston, Lancashire. He played in the Lancashire Leagues for Preston before being picked up as a school boy by Lancashire County Cricket Club. 'Freddie' as he is more often known made his debut for England in the home test series against South Africa in July 1998.
He more recently helped England win one of, if not the best series of all time against an experienced Australian side, taking 24 wickets and making 400 runs. Known earlier in his career as a big hitter he never reached his potential until the last 2 years when his batting has become more stable and controlled. His 73 v Australia in the second test match helping England win and level the series.
- Is very close friends with fellow cricketer and teammate Steve Harmison
- Brother of Chris.
- He was awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2006 Queen's New Years Honours List for his services to Cricket.
- Andrew and his wife Rachael welcomed their third child, a boy, on April 7, 2008. Rocky weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz.
- Comes from a family of cricket enthusiasts. His older brother, Chris is a keen cricketer and his father, Colin used to play for Dutton Forshaw's in Preston.
- Daughter Holly born September 2004.
- His wife Rachael gave birth to the couple's second child on the 8th of March 2006, a baby boy whom they have named Corey. He arrived 10 days early weighing 6lb 14oz. Freddie was not at the birth as he is playing cricket in India.
- Son of Susan and Colin Flintoff.
Related sites for this celeb