Jan. 15th, 1947
Portland, Maine, USA
Andrea Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
A veteran of television, stage, and film, Andrea Martin recently won the Tony, Drama Desk, and Outer Critics Awards for her show-stopping performance in the Broadway revival of Pippin. Her theater credits include the legendary Toronto production of Godspell in which she co-starred with Victor Garber as well as future collaborators and SCTV alumni Martin Short, Eugene Levy, and Dave Thomas. On SCTV, Martin not only earned two Emmys for her writing, but also created some of television’s most indelible sketch comedy characters including the hilarious leopard-skin clad Edith Prickley.
Martin has made memorable guest appearances on hit shows such as The Simpsons, 30 Rock, and Nurse Jackie. Her film appearances include The Producers, Wag the Dog, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She will be starring in the American premiere of James Lapine's Act One in the spring of 2014. Martin continues to tour with her one-woman show, Andrea Martin: Final Days! Everything Must Go! Harper Collins is publishing her book of humorous essays in the fall of 2014.
- Performed in children's theatre and summer stock before enrolling in Boston's Emerson College where she majored in theatre and speech.
- Former member of Toronto Second City.
- Won two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program in 1982 and 1983.
- Was a member of the legendary Toronto production of Godspell, along with 'Martin Short (I)' (qv), 'Gilda Radner' (qv), 'Eugene Levy' (qv), 'Victor Garber' (qv) and musical director 'Paul Shaffer' (qv).
- According to weekly Variety she has been cast as Frau Brucher in the Broadway bound Young Frankenstein 2007.
- Has two sons - Joe (b. 1983) and Jack (b. 1981)
- Her former brother-in-law is actor and comic, 'Martin Short (I)' (qv).
- Wrote/Performed in critically acclaimed one-woman show in Los Angeles and New York entitled "Nude, Nude, Totally Nude".