Mar. 23rd, 1957
New York City, New York, USA
Amanda Plummer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of Christopher Plummer (I) and Tammy Grimes, Amanda Plummer was born in New York City on March 23, 1957. Her breakthrough role came when she starred opposite Robin Williams (I) in The Fisher King (1991). However, Plummer may be best remembered for her work in the Quentin Tarantino classic Pulp Fiction (1994). Tarantino wrote the parts of two robbers who hold up a restaurant specifically for Plummer and her partner-in-screen-crime Tim Roth (I). Since that stand-out role, Plummer has continued to appear in a wide variety of films, including The Prophecy (1995), Freeway (1996), and My Life Without Me (2003).
- She and her father both received Emmy nominations in 2005. She won but he did not.
- Won Broadway's 1982 Tony Award for Best Actress (Featured Role - Play) for "Agnes of God." That same year, she also received a Tony nomination as Best Actress (Play) for a revival of "A Taste of Honey" -- making her one of only three actors ('Dana Ivey' (qv) and 'Kate Burton (I)' (qv) are the others) to receive two Tony acting nominations in the same year. In 1987, she received another Tony nomination as Best Actress (Play) for her role as Eliza Doolittle in a revival of 'George Bernard Shaw' (qv)'s "Pygmalion," opposite 'Peter O'Toole (I)' (qv)'s Henry Higgins.
- Two of her first four roles were in films adapted from 'John Irving (I)' (qv) novels: _The World According to Garp (1982)_ (qv) and _The Hotel New Hampshire (1984)_ (qv).
- Nominated in 1981-82 for a Tony award for outstanding performance by an actress in a play for "A Taste Of Honey".
- Daughter of 'Christopher Plummer (I)' (qv) and 'Tammy Grimes' (qv).
- Great-great-granddaughter of John Joseph Caldwell Abbott, prime minister of Canada.
- Stepdaughter of 'Elaine Taylor (I)' (qv).
- When she was a girl Amanda wanted to be a jockey. When she was 14, she passed an audition at the Belmont track, riding for Alfred Vanderbilt's stables. Of that she said: "Those were the greatest years of my life."
Related sites for this celeb