Mar. 24th, 1974
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Alyson Hannigan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alyson Lee Hannigan (born March 24, 1974) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Willow Rosenberg in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003), Lily Aldrin on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2005–2014) and Michelle Flaherty in the American Pie film series (1999–present).
Born in Washington, D.C., the only child of Emilie (Posner) Haas, a real estate agent, and Al Hannigan, a truck driver. Her father is of Irish descent and her mother is Jewish. Her parents divorced when she was two and she was raised mostly by her mother in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hannigan began her acting career in Atlanta at the young age of 4 in commercials sponsoring such companies as McDonald's, Six Flags, and Oreos. She is a seasoned television actress veteran, guest starring in Picket Fences (1992), Roseanne (1988), Touched by an Angel (1994) and the The Torkelsons (1991) before starring in her most notorious role yet in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) as Willow Rosenberg. Now she stars in the brand new comedy How I Met Your Mother, a hit-show, from CBS.
Hannigan married fellow Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor 'Alexis Denisof' at Two Bunch Palms Resort in Desert Hot Springs, California, (October 11, 2003). The couple have two daughters, Satyana Marie Denisof (b. March 24, 2009) and Keeva Jane Denisof (b. May 23, 2012). Hannigan and her husband are godparents to Joss Whedon's son, Arden.
- Alyson's parents divorced when she was 2. Her mother is a real estate agent in Atlanta, Georgia, and her father was a truck driver in Missouri.
- Married to 'Alexis Denisof' (qv). Denisof proposed during a trip to Northern California wine country during the 2002 holiday season. They were married in October 2003
- She was invited to join the cast of the TV show _In the Game (2005) (TV)_ (qv), but begged off, citing creative differences. Hannigan was supposed to play the best friend of the character played by 'Jennifer Love Hewitt' (qv), but according to a Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service interview reported January 25, 2005, she was unhappy with the diminished, trivialized role they presented her with. She chose to walk away from the offer.
- (May 2000) She (along with actresses 'Tangi Miller' (qv) and 'Holly Marie Combs' (qv)) is a spokesperson for breast cancer, and will appear in a new four page brochure (to be featured in Vogue, Glamour, Self, Mademoiselle, and Women's Sports and Fitness) to raise awareness about the disease.
- Her character on _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv), Willow Rosenberg, once mentions that she wrote _"Doogie Howser, M.D." (1989)_ (qv) fan-fiction as a girl. Hannigan went on to star in _"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)_ (qv) with 'Neil Patrick Harris' (qv), who as a boy played Doogie Howser.
- Good friends with _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv).
- Is Godmother of 'Joss Whedon' (qv)'s son, Arden, and her husband, 'Alexis Denisof' (qv), is his Godfather.
- Graduated from North Hollywood High School in 1992.