Mar. 24th, 1974
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Alyson Hannigan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alyson Lee Hannigan (born March 24, 1974) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Willow Rosenberg in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003), Lily Aldrin on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2005–2014) and Michelle Flaherty in the American Pie film series (1999–present).
Born in Washington, D.C., the only child of Emilie (Posner) Haas, a real estate agent, and Al Hannigan, a truck driver. Her father is of Irish descent and her mother is Jewish. Her parents divorced when she was two and she was raised mostly by her mother in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hannigan began her acting career in Atlanta at the young age of 4 in commercials sponsoring such companies as McDonald's, Six Flags, and Oreos. She is a seasoned television actress veteran, guest starring in Picket Fences (1992), Roseanne (1988), Touched by an Angel (1994) and the The Torkelsons (1991) before starring in her most notorious role yet in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) as Willow Rosenberg. Now she stars in the brand new comedy How I Met Your Mother, a hit-show, from CBS.
Hannigan married fellow Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor 'Alexis Denisof' at Two Bunch Palms Resort in Desert Hot Springs, California, (October 11, 2003). The couple have two daughters, Satyana Marie Denisof (b. March 24, 2009) and Keeva Jane Denisof (b. May 23, 2012). Hannigan and her husband are godparents to Joss Whedon's son, Arden.
- Attended California State University in Northridge, California majored in Psychology
- Has a tattoo of tribal dolphins on her ankle, a Japanese kanji (for luck and happiness) on her back, and a cartoon turtle on her left foot.
- Used to be a vegan but stopped during her pregnancy.
- Has had two songs recorded about her: "'Alyson Hannigan' (qv)" by Juvenile Wreck, and "This One Time" (named for her famous "This one time, at band camp..." quotes from _American Pie (1999)_ (qv)) by The Malcolm Effect.
- Good friends with _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv).
- Portrays the girlfriend of 'Seth Green' (qv)'s character in two different occasions. First was in the movie _My Stepmother Is an Alien (1988)_ (qv) and then later in _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).
- Her wedding was featured in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine.
- She was invited to join the cast of the TV show _In the Game (2005) (TV)_ (qv), but begged off, citing creative differences. Hannigan was supposed to play the best friend of the character played by 'Jennifer Love Hewitt' (qv), but according to a Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service interview reported January 25, 2005, she was unhappy with the diminished, trivialized role they presented her with. She chose to walk away from the offer.