May. 28th, 1982
Alexa Davalos' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
After a quintessentially bohemian childhood that found her straddling New York, Paris, Italy and Los Angeles (with a photographer father and actress mom), Alexa Davalos headed to Manhattan. In the Big Apple, she instantly snagged lucrative assignments as a photographer's model for the likes of Peter Lindbergh, then discovered an inborn passion for acting and decided to make it the focus of her life.
Born into a family of performers - her grandfather Richard Davalos starred alongside James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause - in 2002, Davalos turned her focus to acting and migrated to Los Angeles and began signing for guest parts on series such as Angel and Undeclared. Her big break arrived when producers selected her to play Kyra, the heroine in the 2004 futuristic fantasy vehicle The Chronicles of Riddick, starring Vin Diesel. Davalos next took on a prominent role as Samantha on the high-concept mystery-period series Reunion (2005). When highly touted series failed to catch on with viewers and was canceled after half a season, Davalos bounced back with a convincing portrayal as Diane Keaton's daughter in the well-received made-for-television feature Surrender, Dorothy (2006). The following year, Davalos stepped up several notches with a lead role in Robert Benton's much-anticipated drama Feast of Love -- an ensemble piece about a free-spirited woman who arrives in a small Northwestern town and recolors the life of everyone she meets. Also in 2007, Davalos appeared in the Stephen King horror adaptation The Mist.
Alexa continued her ascent in Hollywood by being cast in Edward Zwick's Defiance released in 2008, as Lilka Daniel Craig's love interest. Her haunting beauty and spirited performance garnered raves from critics. In 2009 Alexa was cast in the much coveted lead role of Andromeda in Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans (2010), alongside Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Alexa is with a doubt one of Hollywood's fastest rising young stars.
- Alexa is of Eastern European Jewish ancestry on her father's side; her great-grandparents immigrated from Vilnius in Lithuania.
- Niece of 'Dominique Davalos' (qv).
- She is the daughter of actress 'Elyssa Davalos' (qv).
- Alexa was Amanda Righetti's bridesmaid at her April 29, 2006 wedding. This is well documented in InStyle Magazine which covered the event in Hawaii.
- Was raised bilingually, father is Greek and mother is French. Alexa speaks both Greek and French fluently.
- Speaks fluent French, Greek and English.
- Grandaughter of actor 'Richard Davalos' (qv).
- Is an only child