Mar. 11th, 1963
London, England, UK
Alex Kingston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kingston was born and raised in Epsom, Surrey. She is the eldest of three daughters of a butcher, Anthony Kingston and his German wife. Her mother's younger brother is actor Walter Renneisen.
Kingston was inspired to pursue acting by one of her teachers at her all-girls grammar school, Rosebery School for Girls. She later completed a three-year program at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and went on to join the prestigious Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Attended RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts) where she met her husband, actor 'Ralph Fiennes' (qv). The couple separated on 13 October 1995.
- Her real-life daughter, 'Salome Violetta Haertel' (qv), played her daughter Ella Green in _"ER" (1994)_ (qv)'s Season 8 episode "On the Beach".
- (28 March 2001) Daughter 'Salome Violetta Haertel' (qv) born weighing 6 lbs. 11oz.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Joseph Fiennes' (qv), 'Martha Fiennes' (qv) and 'George Tiffin' (qv).
- Is fluent in German.
- Her husband, Florian Haertel, is a German freelance journalist.
- A former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company and has performed extensively in the theater.