Sep. 18th, 1970
San Francisco, California, USA
Aisha Tyler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Aisha Tyler (born September 18, 1970) in San Francisco, the daughter of Robin Gregory, a teacher, and Jim Tyler, a photographer. Her parents divorced when she was 10 and she was raised by her father. She pursued an early interest in comedy during high school; she attended McAteer High School in San Francisco, which had a special program called McAteer School of the Arts, where she attended improv and theater classes.
Tyler attended Dartmouth College, where she earned a degree in environmental policy and was a member of The Tabard, a co-ed fraternity. At Dartmouth, she co-founded and sang in the Dartmouth Rockapellas, an all-female a cappella group devoted to spreading social awareness through song. After briefly working for a San Francisco advertising firm, she toured the country pursuing a comedy career before finally moving to Los Angeles, in 1996.
- Is a stand-up comedienne.
- Also plays on the World Poker Tour in the Hollywood Home games for the Childhelp USA charity.
- She is of both African American and Native American descent.
- Raised in a strict veggie home.
- Her parents divorced when she was 10, and she was raised by her father, Jim.
- Named #72 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in Political Science.
- Minored in environmental policy at Dartmouth College.