Nov. 19th, 1949
Portland, Oregon, USA
Ahmad Rashad's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- 'O.J. Simpson' (qv) was his best man at his 1985 wedding to 'Phylicia Rashad' (qv).
- Sportscaster for NBC Sports
- Ex-brother-in-law of 'Debbie Allen' (qv) and 'Norman Nixon' (qv).
- Children: Daughter Keva (born in 1970 - Mother: Deidre Waters), Daughter Maiysha (born in 1974 - Mother Tilly ?), son Ahmad Jr. (born in 1978 - Mother Tilly ?), Daughter Condola Phylea (born December 11, 1986 - Mother: Phylicia Rashad), and one stepson Billy (born in 1973 - Phylicia's son)
- The name Ahmad Rashad means, "Admirable One Led To Truth." He was a Minnesota Viking from 1976-82.
- Proposed to wife 'Phylicia Rashad' (qv) on national TV during the halftime show of NBC's Thanksgiving Day broadcast of the game between the Detroit Lions and the New York Jets. Earlier in the day, she had worked NBC's Macy's Thanksgiving Day telecast. Within minutes of hearing Ahmad's request, she came on NBC's "NFL Live" halftime set and accepted his proposal live on TV.
- Played football for the University of Oregon
- Daughter Condola Phylea - with 'Phylicia Rashad' (qv) - was born on December 11, 1986, 3 days before the Rashads' first wedding anniversary .
Related sites for this celeb