Oct. 30th, 1973
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
Adam Copeland's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Adam Joseph Copeland (born October 30, 1973) is a Canadian actor, professional wrestling personality and retired professional wrestler. He is best known for his appearances with the American professional wrestling promotion WWE under the ring name Edge.
Copeland was trained by professional wrestlers Sweet Daddy Siki and Ron Hutchinson. Throughout the 1990s, he wrestled in various U.S. independent promotions. During his time in these promotions, he competed in singles and tag team competition, the latter with long-time friend Christian. In 1997, Copeland signed a developmental deal with the WWF and began competing for the company later that year; he made his televised debut the following June under the ring name Edge. In July 1999, he won the WWF Intercontinental Championship at a house show in Toronto, making it his first title reign with the company. He and Christian, billed as brothers and later childhood friends in WWE storylines, went on to win the WWF Tag Team Championship on seven different occasions. During this time, they gained notoriety in the tag team division, partly due to their participation in Tables, Ladders, and Chairs matches.
Edge won 31 championships in WWE overall, including 11 world championships (the WWE Championship four times and the World Heavyweight Championship a record seven times), five Intercontinental Championships, one United States Championship, and 14 world tag team championships (a record 12 World Tag Team Championships and two WWE Tag Team Championships). He also had an unofficial co-champion reign with Mick Foley as WWE Hardcore Champion. He won the 2001 King of the Ring tournament, was the first Money in the Bank ladder match winner in 2005 and again in 2007 (also being the winner of a match to reclaim and cash in the contract, thus becoming the first to cash in and win both world titles), and won the Royal Rumble match in 2010, making him the only wrestler in history to achieve all three of those accomplishments. He headlined many major pay-per-view events for WWE, including WrestleMania XXIV. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by his long-time friend and tag team partner Christian on March 31, 2012. Critics and fans alike have regarded Edge as one of the most decorated and greatest professional wrestlers in history.
Aside from professional wrestling, Copeland appeared in the fantasy film Highlander: Endgame and WWE Studios' Bending the Rules. He has made guest appearances on television shows such as The Weakest Link, Mind of Mencia, Deal or No Deal, and MADtv. He currently appears on the SyFy series Haven as recurring character Dwight Hendrickson.
- His mother's name is Judy.
- Wife Alannah is the sister of fellow WWF wrestler (and fellow Canadian) Sean Morley, better known as Val Venis.
- Notable Title Wins Include: ICW/MWCW Mid-West Unified Tag Team title; SSW Tag Team title; ICW Street Fight Tag Team titles (2); WWF Intercontinental Title (4); WWF Tag Team Titles w/Christian (7); WWF King of the Ring 2001; WWF Tag Team Titles w/ Hulk Hogan; WWE World Tag Team titles w/Chris Benoit
- Up until he and Christian ('Jason Reso' (qv)) captured the WWF Tag Team Championship, would usually make his ring entrance from the crowd
- (April 2001) Edge and Christian won the WWF Tag Team titles at Wrestlemania X-7 for the seventh time, a WWF record.
- Won his second WWE Championship in a Triple Threat match against RVD and John Cena on RAW 7/3.
- First unified WWF Intercontinental and WCW United States Champion
- (May 2007) Cashed in money in the bank to defeat the Undertaker and win World Heavywieght Championship.
Related sites for this celeb