May. 14th, 1977
Auburn, Sydney, Australia
Ada Nicodemou's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ada Nicodemou is a Greek Cypriot-born Australian actress, best known for her role as Leah Patterson-Baker in the soap opera Home and Away.
Nicodemou was born in Larnaca, Cyprus. She has been an Australian resident since 1987.
Nicodemou began her acting career in 1994, where she played the role of Katerina in Heartbreak High. She was originally hired to play the part for 12 weeks but this was extended until the end of Season 4.
Since 2000, she has played the role of Leah Patterson-Baker in Home and Away.
In late 2005 Nicodemou was a contestant and winner along with dance partner Aric Yegudkin on Season 3 of Dancing with the Stars.
- She is of Greek descent
- In August 2006, Ada announced her engagement to Sydney restaurateur Chrys Xipolitas.
- Last name is pronounced Nico*de*mou (with the emphasis on 'de').
- Won the third season of hit reality/variety show, _"Dancing with the Stars" (2004)_ (qv) with her dance partner 'Aric Yegudkin' (qv)
- At 15, she auditioned for a new show called _"Heartbreak High" (1994)_ (qv) and in March of the following year, when she was about to turn 16, they called her in for a 12 week guest stint. This short stint turned into a 3 year role where she played the character of Katerina Ioannou (nicknamed Kat).
- Her first break in television at 13 years of age, was on Home & Away, doing 'extra' work, which gave her the opportunity to see the behind-the-scenes workings of a television series.
- She joined the 'Johnny Young Talent School' and a dance show group called 'Kids Unlimited'. It was after joining these groups that she decided to get an agent.
- Ada deferred her tertiary studies for a year whilst she finished _"Heartbreak High" (1994)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb