The oldest Duggar daughter of 19 Kids and Counting, Jana, is currently 24 and courtshipless. She's been featured less and less on the show, while all her other (similarly aged) siblings are getting tons of attention:
– Jill just married Derek Dillard and the two are expecting their first baby (a boy), earning them lots of TV time dedicated to these important moments.
– This past weekend Jessa married Ben Seewald. Their courtship has already attracted loads of attention, so just wait until they actually air the wedding!
– A group of fans created the "Free Jinger" movement dedicated to vocalizing how Jinger should separate from the clan and go her own way. So far, she hasn't been interested in pursuing any suitors.
As for Jana's relationship status, is doesn't really exist, which is unusual for her age. (Same for her twin brother John-David!) Jana was rumored to have had a brief engagement to Zach Bates, a neighbor with a family of the same size. Zach is now currently married and expecting his first child this December. "Jana is one of the prettiest girls in the world and one of the sweetest girls," her father, Jim Bob, told People. "There have been a lot of guys who have been interested in her, I have gone to hear about each one, and so far she hasn't felt that is the way the Lord is leading."
"We've always gotten different ones asking, 'When is it going to be your turn? When is it your time?' " Jana said, "I just think for me I am just waiting and we'll see. When God brings that one along it will be his timing."
Read a few more pieces of evidence depicting why Jana (recently nicknamed by fans as "Cinderella") is being thrust aside.
– She has no personal Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook page to update fans.
– In the Duggar Girls Go Glam episode (aired September 30th), Jana was stuck hemming nine dresses for Jill's wedding, while the rest of the family enjoyed a tea party! All of the Duggar girls know how to sew which caused the situation to confuse everyone including Jana herself. This has infuriated many fans and has even lead them to calling her Cinderella!
– She's basically become a full time babysitter. Jana helps her younger siblings with homework, cooks, and is one of the only older Duggar girls left at home now, so she probably has even more responsibilities than before. A source close to the family has said, "Jana has been a parent ever since she was 13."
– She's been missing from episodes lately, and while it may be because chores don't make interesting television, is another possibility that she's keeping busy and hiding from the relationship spotlight? Jana is learning to be a midwife, is a trained volunteer firefighter, does extensive charity work, and is even considering a nursing degree.
In the interview below, the four girls of "Growing Up Duggar" did a Skype interview back in April. Or more like Jill and Jessa did an interview while Jana and Jinger just sat there! Pay attention around the 3:00 mark when the topic of Jana being single is questioned. She awkwardly starts to answer until Jill jumps in and fluffs it up for her.
What do you think is going on with Jana? Is she hiding from the spotlight? Avoiding marriage? Or is just more shy and really hasn't found the right guy to marry?