TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Masked Singer season 3
appara2
guru
Masked Singer season 3

18 contestants in this season!!
Group A performed on the 2nd, right after the superbowl

First up
White Tiger with Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
(my opinion this was horrible!, I don't think he's gonna be around very long)

Turtle sang Kiss From a Rose by Seal
I'm pretty sure this guy is a singer

Llama performed She Bangs by Ricky Martin
and when I say performed, it was a very entertaining performance!

Miss Monster sang Something to Talk About by Bonnie Raitt
I'm positive this is a professional singer

Robot with Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
Wow, this was really bad, and even though he is already a 'star' he really did deserve to be unmasked! Bye bye Robot!

Kangaroo Dancing on My Own by Robyn
She is my fave so far from this group, I am thinking to myself that it might be Celeste Barber. We will have to wait and see 'cause I'm pretty sure she is going to be here till the end.

7 months ago
Comments
appara2
guru

Llama sang It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones
I thought he did a great job, he had the moves and a darn good voice, but I guess the song choice wasn't a crowd pleaser :(

Miss Monster performed Fancy by Bobbie Gentry
I wasn't overly impressed, the live audience heard something I didn't

White Tiger sang Good Vibrations by Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch
Upbeat tune got the audience moving

Kangaroo was up next with You Know I’m No Good by Amy Winehouse
She is a performer!! I still think she'll be around for a while

Turtle entertained with Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur
Definitely a singer, I'm predicting Turtle will be in the finals

7 months ago
appara2
guru

Turtle was first up, There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back by Shawn Mendes.
The was no doubt in my mind that he would be sent through to the Super9

Next, Miss Monster sang You Don’t Own Me by Lesley Gore.
I don't love her voice, but to me she should NOT have been the one unmasked tonite.

Kangaroo was flawless with Diamonds by Rihanna
Yeah, she's definitely a Super9

Now, here's where the voters choice lost me?!?
White Tiger chose We Will Rock You by Queen
The man can't sing, he can't even rap. This was just horrible. But, I guess the crowd felt sorry for him and his obvious lack of talent. We will see him again in the Super9 round

7 months ago
appara2
guru

A new group of costumes!

Frog - Can't touch This by MC Hammer
Since this isn't a 'singing' song ya' can't judge the vocals, but he is an entertainer. Shades of the White Tiger, not really talented, but he has charisma!
Elephant - Friday I'm in Love by The Cure
For me it was a toss-up between Elephant or Banana...and voters unmasked Elephant, he's gone home.
Kitty - Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande
She is a talented singer, and could be a dangerous woman! The dual colored eyes may or may not be the clue to her identity.
Taco - Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
I don't think he's a career singer, but he can sing! I'm kinda getting a Christopher Walken vibe! I hope he can stick around for the Super9.
Mouse - Get Here by Oleta Adams
She is a singer, and I really am leaning towards it being Dionne Warwick
Banana - A Little Less Conversation by Elvis Presley
Not a singer, not a powerful voice, but he did put on an entertaining show.

7 months ago
appara2
guru

The remaining 5 finalists take to the stage, the panel was joined by special guest Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias.

Banana - entertained with Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus
I thought it might be between Banana and Mouse, Banana got the crowd moving so....
Mouse - was unmasked, she couldn't grab the crowd with her rendition of This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole
Frog - he's still one of my faves - even performing In Da Club by 50 Cent. Iglasias thought he saw a trace of Alfonso Ribeiro in the dance moves, I agree!
Taco performed Bossa Nova Baby by Elvis Presley
Kitty hit us with Mercy by Brett Young, she's got the voice!!

I'm looking forward to seeing who is going forward into the Super9 next week!

7 months ago
appara2
guru

WELL, I was wrong about Banana, he IS a singer, who knew? lol
But that smackdown brings us to the Final Six, and they are all set to compete next week!

Kitty has a voice, and a connection to Robert Redford....
Night Angel is definitely a performer
Astronaut, I'm putting a name here and it's going to be Hunter Hayes
Rhino is a seasoned performer, not necessarily a singer
Frog is a mover and a shaker, and those moves remind me of Alfonso Ribeiro
Turtle has been around for a few year and I'm going with Jesse McCartney

Also, Nick Cannon is going live from home with 'After the Mask' with the judges, contestants and celebrity fans to chat about the show. My PVR recorded as a two-hour episode or I wouldn't have known!

5 months ago
appara2
guru

Starting off I have to say how very disappointed I was in the show last night.
Kitty was first up, she picked a good song for her voice.
I enjoyed Rhino too, he was giving off a real country vibe, I'm thinking actor, not singer
Frog gets people up out of their seats, but singer? I just don't hear it.
Night Angel is creepy to watch but what an amazing performer she is!
Astronaut has a voice, and as it turns out, is a singer. And is voted off.
Turtle is still my number 1 choice to win. Last night I almost agreed with him being Adam Lambert

Seriously? What am I missing? Frog is in no way a singer - this is a singing competition.
Astronaut is unmasked and sent packing? Maybe what is heard 'live' is different than what I hear on my TV....

5 months ago
appara2
guru

This week was a surprise! I had it pegged for Rhino to be unmasked, but, again I was wrong!

Starting the night was Frog with Bust a Move, again a hip-hop rap song, so we still don't know if he actually has a singing voice. You have to give him points for showmanship though.

Miss Kitty performed a sultry Back to Black, and I thought she sounded pretty darn good. It wasn't a good song choice to get the audience behind her, and even though she too was revealed to be a singer, that's it for the Kitty, she's gone home.

Then we had Rhino, slowing it down again with You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin, but I personally didn't think the song suited his tone.

Night Angel picked Last Dance, I didn't think it was her best performance, but she is definitely going to be a contender for the mask.

Then, to end the singing competition, was my fave, Turtle with Fix You.
I still hope he wins the competition! One of the judges named him as Norman Reedus, we shall soon see :D

4 months ago
appara2
guru

yikes! Tonite (May19th) is a look back at the whole group and the highlights of this past season. Personally, I will tune in, but I'm not going to be giving it my full attention.
Tomorrow night, is the finale and I'll be in the cheering section for Turtle to win!!

Last week I was so disappointed that it had come down to Rhino, Frog, Night Angel and Turtle as they sent Miss Kitty home. And I just can't get behind Frog as the winning 'singer', but as the judges have named him as BowWow who is apparently a known rapper, it might just happen.

4 months ago
appara2
guru

All in all it was a good finale, even though Turtle, my favorite of this season, came in 2nd.

The winner of the Mask was the Night Angel. Despite having a few of her songs coming across as rather flat, I think this quote from her is what was in some of the voters minds as they pressed the button....
“I’m here not just for myself, but for all women and for my little angels — to show them it’s never too late to be the person you were meant to be.”
All women? Seriously?

I think one of my favorite shots of the audience was the big old puppy dog sitting there watching the show! :D

4 months ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.