guru
Avenue 5

This show is GREAT!!!

3 months ago
Comments
appara2
guru

I enjoyed the first couple episodes.
Some of the interactions between passengers was entertaining. The time delay between the ship and mission control, and the 'actor' captain. He's been 'american' for so long he doesn't even realize that he's switching between the two accents...that cracks me up!

But, to stick with it longterm I am soon going to need some characters that I care about.

3 months ago
laura1
guru

yeah it's funny and light minded! I like the captain and the engineer.
I hope it get a bit more depth with the characters other wise it's going to get boring.

3 months ago
laura1
guru

the ship is shitting!! this is such a great show!! LOL

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

There is just so much that is absurd in each and every episode! I love it!! LOL

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I find it so funny when the captain changes excent when he get angry LOL!!

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

I think the so-called captains part was written for Hugh Laurie, he plays the part so well. Great show.

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yes, I really couldn't imagine anyone else playing this role, he is one of my faves!

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

Well, you can't beat the British sense of humor... :) Or our accent.

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

so true! I loved this episode! beeep............beep! so funny

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

Hi Laura,
I have not seen this weeks episode yet, was thinking about watching it later IF I don't forget again.
Old age and remembering do not go together.

PS
Sorry for hijacking your thread ;)

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Your hijack is very welcome here!
I don't want to spoil this last episode for you, but have you ever lived with a beep that you can't track down?? Our door lock battery was dying for about a week, it was a random beep, just one beep, so I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from! Drove me crazy till I happened to be near the door and saw the little flash of light that accompanied the beep! LOL
Matt is really starting to grow on me as well!!

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

Aha, I now know what you mean.. I did forget to watch it but I saw your reply so I watched it then.
Sounded like a submarine sonar beep to me.

You have battery door locks? hahaha you had a beep for a week? Not sure I could cope with that.

All I have here is a normal "yale" type door lock :( But I am in the UK and they are standard here.

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Not only am I horrible with remembering to carry a key, it makes it easier for assorted family members that need to get in when we aren't home, so we have electronic locks on 2 doors. Since we get down to -40c in the winter it tends to drain the batteries a little quicker than what the manufacturer says? But, now that I've had them I won't give them up LOL!

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

-40??
Whereabouts are you? I freeze up if its -5 and that's not very often it gets that cold here.
Wow, I know I could not survive there. If I was there I would have to hibernate until it gets warm again

Going from your last reply I take it you're a female.
( I horrible with remembering to carry a key,)

:) :) :)

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the thread!

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

Hi Laura,
And thank you very much.

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

did you like the the latest episode?

6 weeks ago
videoman
regular

Yes I did, I really should watch these when I get them. My wife watches everything I download the same day.
But shes good never tells me what happens.

I like Spike, but then I liked him in Voyager,( its being repeated again here every night on tv.)

But my wife is not sure about the show, she likes The Orville better, But Avenue 5 is a straight-out comedy. And it works very well, my humor is like Hugh Laurie....

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

spike is one of my favorites on the show ...Neelix was my favorite on Voyager.

The Orville is just another kind of funny, but it's a great show too.

So what else do you like watching?

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

I have a huge list on here but thats for my wife, so I know what to download on what day.

Personally I like sci-fi, space, horror, offbeat comedy.

I have a strange sense of humor, well I am English :)
Faulty Towers
Monty python
Only fools and Horse
see very offbeat humor

Yes old ones but I am old now my pic on here is a bit dated now but its the only one that uploaded.
Its from my days in chatrooms when I made my nickname, that really needs to be changed now to OldAgeFella ;)

I agree with you Neelix is a great character, a bit like me really :)

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

so English from where?

We have the same tastes! sci-fi, space, and horror are my favorite kind in movies too.
I've started watching star trek Picard but I'm not sold yet. Have you seen it?

5 weeks ago
appara2
guru

A born 'n raised Canadian here! I'm up in the northern part of Alberta. It's not as bad as it sounds, we have only hit -40c a few times over this winter, and it's not like I have to be outside when it's that cold. We do get a few long stretches of miserably cold, which cuts short my dog walks out in the back fields. Her feet get too cold, but she won't wear boots! lol

I am more into mysteries and drama, than comedy. I just finished Vienna Blood (UK) and now I'm hoping there's going to be a season2!

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

@ Laura
Not impressed at all I stopped watching after episode 3, the wife is still watching but not sure either.

We have the same taste??? have you bitten me without me knowing? do I taste nice?

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

@ appara
aha Canada, I used to chat to a few people there, you have funny accents....

Oh and you have someone moved there that we (the people of the uk) don't want back.

Yes, have seen a bit of Vienna Blood, of course, its good its made in the UK all the best programs are.

Is that your dog in your avatar? she looks like she could be a big dog?

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

@ Laura sorry I forgot to say I am from the Great City and County of Bristol in the UK

If you look at a map you will see London follow the big road to your left and ti runs into the river splitting England and Wales look for Cardiffacross the big river is Bristol or just google Bristol UK :)

Very famous city goes back 100's of years the ship that founded the USA sailed from Bristol The Mathew, and the new Mathew is based here in the docks in town

Garry Garant was bourn here Black Beard (Richard Treach) came from here.

And of course the most famous Is Bob (thats me) known the world over...

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

@bob

yep I know Bristol, such a wonderful city! colourful houses by the river, lots to see and do!
and of course it's the home of a famous Bob known the world over!! LOL!!!!

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

OK whats so funny Lady?? :)

Do you know Bristol and the houses in Hotwells? You in the UK as well?

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I visited Bristol some years ago and had a wonderful time, nope I'm not from the UK

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

You came to Bristol and never popped in to see me?
Very disappointed,

Its changed a lot in the last few years, the old dock has been done up, its really nice there now.

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

Actually I did pop in to say hi but no one was home!! :)

I should come back a visit see all that's changed.

5 weeks ago
videoman
regular

Oh so its my fault then, that's what you are saying....

Its all changed, not sure when you came here but it must be a long time ago, as I am always at home.

I live just outside Bristol at the mouth of the River Avon and River Severn that runs through Bristol, you would of walked cross the river as its been covered over that's why the center of bristol is called the floating harbor and there are no buildings on it.

5 weeks ago
appara2
guru

How very interesting, sounds like a beautiful place to live and explore! When I watch shows from your side of the pond there is always something that catches my eye. The scenery/structures are so foreign (and so stunning) compared to what I grew up seeing.

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

Alberta is pretty amazing too! all that green open spaces and winter snow. The scenery is breathtaking!

5 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yes, we have a little of everything. We have a lot of wide open space in the central and south, and also a lot of forest and lakes up here in the northeast. And the Rockies (about a 7 hour drive for me) form our western border. Our heritage buildings are around 160 years old, so yeah. There's that LOL

I remember talking to an online friend from Brazil. She told me they have a church that holds close to 50,000 people. The area I live in has maybe 20,000 people total...and that is spread out over 30km (20 miles)! LOL

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

what a funny episode! have you guys seen it?

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Do you think Billie's plan to get rid of extra weight will work? Also, I don't think getting rid of the lit up poop ring is going to be that easy?
The ' wall ads' are getting to be another fave part of the show for me
So glad this show has another season... or two :D

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

oh you need to check this out it's great! bottom right click on him, he's so funny!

https://www.juddspace.com/

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I'm talking about episode 8.

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

YES!! Great find Laura!

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

thanks!

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

have you seen episode 8?

3 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Of course!! Now I know what VFX stands for! LOL

I wonder if they still have to let loose with the belongings after all those people jettisoned from the airlock? I don't think so cause those bodies didn't stay in orbit around the ship...they were bouncing off the supply shuttle ROFL!!
I couldn't believe the captain ripping off his 'fetlock' in front of everybody!

**Sometimes I think I may be a tad on the psychotic side'cause some of that stuff should NOT be funny!

3 weeks ago
laura1
guru

it was so funny! VFX yeah right! ...oh and their son came out of the coma like two seconds after!
I loved it when Spencer stepped in and gave that speech, for a second it looked like they were listening to him and he gives them the code to the airlock! so funny!

Looks like Mulcair is going to stay on board " two words two seat" hilarious!

**Sometimes I think I may be a tad on the psychotic side'cause some of that stuff should NOT be funny! ...I agree there!

3 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I'm going to miss Iris next season. Unless of course the shuttle has to return to the cruise ship? LOL

11 days ago
laura1
guru

yeah I don't think Iris is going anywhere! now we gotta wait for next season! :(

11 days ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.