TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » The Good Doctor
appara2
guru
The Good Doctor

Looks like it's going to be another good season for Shaun. He's got his job back and has a special friend too! I wondered if she would let it go so easily? I laughed when I saw him bringing the bag of chips to a casual date.

6 months ago
Comments
appara2
guru

Poor Claire, her first surgery as lead, and then that ending. So sad.

6 months ago
laura1
guru

this show is good! the episode 45-Degree Angle was good Shaun gets his first surgery as lead and things don't go to well! the nurse was right in filing the complaint as Shaun made the mistake and was wrong in not apologizing to the nurse he came across as arrogant.

The the pregnant woman with cancer was so sad how that ended!

5 months ago
appara2
guru

I don't think Shaun is going to make it as a surgeon. If things don't go the way he wants (needs), he just can't control his reactions. Sorry to say, but right now I personally would not want him as lead surgeon. As part of the surgical team, no problem!
On the up side, seeing and diagnosing and figuring out how to get the surgery done, he's amazing!
Also, wasn't that the same nurse that questioned his relationship with Carly and threw his concentration off? I wonder if she is in place to deliberately get him riled up?
Debbie used to be a nurse?? I didn't know that, I wonder how she ended up at a coffee bar? I don't think her working for Glassman is going to be good for their relationship?

I enjoy the bits with Dr. Lim, and at the end, with her just snuggling quietly up to Melendez was perfect!

5 months ago
laura1
guru

I enjoyed this week's episode!
the poor kid with eye cancer was so sad! *cried*
Clair is going down a dark path, Debbie is getting annoying don't like the way she's with Glassman, and everything has to be about her.

The way Melendez tried to blame Lim for the death of that pregnant woman so hurtful to watch. I think those two should break up.

5 months ago
laura1
guru

what an emotional episode! poor Shawn!

4 months ago
appara2
guru

It sure wasn't a warm fuzzy farewell! :(
It was a good thing that Leah was there. I really enjoy seeing her, and now I kinda hope she will bel involved in Shauns's life, as a friend-not as a girlfriend. But, I wonder if Carly is going to find out that Shaun allowed Leah in so close?

Also, it was nice to see Glassman there for him as well, like he always was at the beginning of the show. And he still get's irritated with Leah and her spur of the moment ideas!!

Finally!! Claire is getting some professional help!! I was just about ready to take a drive and kick her ass myself! LOL

4 months ago
laura1
guru

glad to see at the end he choose Carly. I like Lea but she's too wild for Shaun, I wonder how she's going to react to the fact that she has to find a new home?

The addicted woman story was so dramatic! It's only possible in TV land! LOL!

3 months ago
appara2
guru

I don't think it is fair that Carly made him choose. He has a limited circle of friends, and Leah plays a big part in that small circle.
In some ways Carly is good for him, pushing him to try things outside of his comfort zone, but this? This is just wrong!! I've lost a lot of respect for her, and I wouldn't blame Shaun for resenting her and eventually walking away!
Also, Carly should have known better than to have that conversation at work? But, I guess if she hadn't we wouldn't have gotten that wonderful Glassman/Shaun scene!

I did love it when Shaun asked Andrews for advice. The look on Andrews face, just for that second when he thought he was better than Glassman! ROFL

BTW, is Lim gone off job hunting at a different hospital?
And the addict having leg/knee surgery reminded me of another surgery on another show? Except this one turned down all meds.

3 months ago
laura1
guru

love it when Shaun asked Andrews for advice! yes maybe Carly shouldn't have asked to not live with Leah but on the other hand she's his girlfriend and him living with another woman is weird.
I can understand where she's coming from, don't you?

3 months ago
appara2
guru

Not at all.
She knows that Shaun has issues. But she is all about 'trust' and 'honesty' and 'communication'. And, if we know nothing else about Shaun, we know that he DOES NOT know how to keep a secret or lie. He communicated with honesty and trust and she retaliated in a nasty way.
She is being selfish, and trying to mold him into the boyfriend she wants, not the boyfriend that he is. She, a lot of the time, comes across as frustrated with him, not happy with how he relates to her in their relationship. This is not going to change!!
I can see why he is stressed around her, she stresses me out and I'm just sittin' here on my sofa! LOL

3 months ago
laura1
guru

true, you make a good point!

3 months ago
laura1
guru

I was so glad to see that the storyline with shawn and carly has finaly ended!! YAY! it wasn't fun anymore and became so annoying!
hopefully they can finally move on.

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I agree! It was too much personal, not enough doctoring!
Can you believe that Reznick wasn't given a reprimand for trying to distract Shaun in the middle of that sugery??!!! Granted, Lim finally told her to shut up, but still!
I wonder when her health problem is going to be exposed?
I did enjoy the young patient that was using sign language. His relationship with the parents made me smile, there was respect, even though he was young!
My favorite line of the night was from Park - it's better to feed down than to kiss up! That was just oo funny!!! LOL

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

Reznick health problem it's getting on my nerves! I think Lim is suspecting something is up with Reznick as she clearly told her that in the locker room.

Park - it's better to feed down than to kiss up! was perfect! and I agree too! don't you?

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Wasn't it just yesterday that Melendez and Lim were together??? I was really hoping that they wouldn't go there again with him and Claire. It would have been a nice change to actually see them together as friends/ mentor/ student without crossing over into a 'secret' relationship?

I did enjoy Park and Shaun going undercover sleuthing, and the young student case that Morgan and Claire were working on.
The Lim and young child story had me shaking my head. At first I thought it was a hallucination and that she was having a medical issue, and by the end I am still not sure what the point of that story was?

For Shaun to do the autopsy, after the hospital saying no, and after the only living relative saying no...would that not be enough for him and Carly to be knee deep in trouble?? Yeah, I know...TV land LOL
Lastly....
I don't understand why Shaun thought that this time would be any different than the first time he told her that he wanted to be her boyfriend? Leah shut him down quick before, and she should have done the same this time. I don't think it's a simple as 'he has autism' but, the way she left the apartment there's an opening for this to happen all over again?

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

'secret' relationship is purely platonic for now anyway I hope it stays that way! I think when they were bowling and she tells him how they have to hide their secret platonic relationship was a way of closing that storyline.

The student case was so creepy! imagine going through that! but it was interesting.

I didn't get the Lim and kid thing either...maybe it will be linked with something in the future episodes?

Leah and shaun I think Leah is falling in love with him for real this time but she's afraid she's not equipt.

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I think you are right about Leah having deep feelings for Shaun. The thing I like about her is that she has no boundaries, no filter...she sees it, she says it! I just hope this doesn't mean she is leaving again?
I think we are getting close to the season finale of this show!

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I think there's still hope for two of them ending up together.

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Fixation
Nope, I think Leah was clear that she has no romantic interest in him. She had to be blunt to the point of rudeness, which I didn't want to see, but that had to be done. Watching him try to 'fix' the problems to have a relationship with her is exhausting! I couldn't imagine living with his expectations on a daily basis. Kudos to all those parents that are raising or have raised autistic/aspergers syndrome kids!!
I just hope that they remain friends since she works for Glassman?

Whew, Claire is on a real date...and not with Melendez! Altho, I thought I saw a glimpse of jealousy from him over that hug? It was also nice to see Claire and Shaun working together. She has a calming effect on him? That young mom was lucky to have Shaun on her case!!

It seems that organ donation is the focus of this month's medical dramas? I really felt for that poor kid trying to save his mentor. That would have been a hard call to make, but I think Lin made the right call. There are long lasting medical issues that follow after a donation, and he has a long life ahead.

5 weeks ago
laura1
guru

who's the guy Clair went out on the date? I don't remember him....
it's good to see she's getting back to being herself again.

I too agree with the decision Lin made, the boy was just 16 and the mentor wasn't exactly healthy, the also had kidney problems....come to think of it both of them were not very healthy!

I liked the way Leah confronted Shaun head on! I think he wants to have a romantic relationship at all costs because Leah challenges Shaun daily, while Carly just loved him for him, and was more accommodating and submissive. Don't you think so?

5 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I don't remember exactly when it happened, but Claire had a friend from college that came in with ovarian cancer, married to Dash. She was in extreme pain, and terminal. Claire talked the team into removing the tumor, which increased her life another few months? She made Claire promise to go on a date with Dash, she wanted someone for him after she was gone. From what I remember, they had an awkward date but there was also chemistry.

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

now that you mention it I do remember! thanks :)
yeah they went on the first date when she was still alive.

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

wow! that was so emotional!

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Somebody better get Shaun into therapy/anger management! Considering he basically raised himself, I can see where he would have a hard time with being told he can't do/have something. I question if he should be in that job. When he's calm he is amazing, but when he is disturbed....WOW!

Interesting cases this week! I am really liking Lin more and more!
And Melendez less and less...Claire makes him a better person?? WTH!!

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

Shaun went crazy there with Leah, but the good thing he didn't loose control! that says a lot.
He got closure by tell her how he felt now he can move on! I hope now that he single there will be less personal stories about him and more about him being a doctor! I am getting a bit annoyed with the sex life of his.

All the case were interesting, I agree I too like Lin and Melendez less! that whole speech about how Claire makes him a better surgeon and person was out of line, and sending her the wrong message.
Now she thinks she's in love with him!
He should have kept it professional since the start.

I agree with Glasman that it's a stupid idea for Morgan gets her hand surgery, she should just change profession.

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Morgan is so smart, she would be great at anything she would choose to do. From what I understood about the surgery that once it's done the joints of her fingers will continue to deteriorate more? To me, it's not up to her to decide that she can get right back into the OR and be putting innocent people at risk because she isn't having a good day with her illness?! Lin gave her that last surgery as a kindness to her, I don't think she realized that Morgan has already had issues in the OR?

4 weeks ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.