TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Les Misérables
appara2
expert
Les Misérables

Premieres tonite on PBS here in Canada. This 6-part UK adaptation was released in late December 2018.

I've seen a few of the productions of this one through the years, so I'll be curious to see how it is presented here.

2 months ago
Comments
soler
expert

Plan on catching this one appara2 . This will be my first view of Les Miserables . Curious to see how I like it.

2 months ago
soler
expert

So far so good . Still have an interest after watching first ep.

2 months ago
appara2
expert

There is a reason that Miserable is in the title!! The opening scene of all the dead soldiers? The dying horses were hard for me to watch. I have a feeling this tale is going to be gritty and real!

I like how the story seems to be unfolding in chronological order, it's making it easy to follow...even without the singing LOL

As you say Soler, so far so good!

2 months ago
soler
expert

There is a reason that Miserable is in the title!!
Yeah appara2 ... you're right about that. Did not enjoy last weeks ep. at all. Found it dark and gloomy. Finished up with not a very warm feeling. Might ( might not ) watch next week. Don't mind a little dark in a story but this story seems to dwell on it , strong powerful people praying on the weak. Suffering of the weak caught up in their circumstances seems to be the norm. Will possibly watch next week but will click off if their is not more balance . Maybe that's what this story is .... no balance.

2 months ago
appara2
expert

You nailed it Soler! Very dark and gloomy!! I made the decision to quit half way through the last episode for exactly those reasons. I am at the point in my life where I want to be entertained and this just doesn't come close!!
Plus, I am not liking Valjean in this version at all!

2 months ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.