TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » The Rookie
appara2
guru
The Rookie

I did not know that this show was inspired by a true story?
The mid-season finale ended, literally, with a bang and I am anxiously awaiting the return of John Nolan and the rest of the team in the New Year!

10 months ago
Comments
schoonover

Yes, The Rookie is based on a true story. Awaiting for the return of John Nolan as well))

9 months ago
laura1
guru

had no idea it was based on a true story, it's a great show and glad it's been renewed

4 months ago
appara2
guru

Yes, I am looking forward to the return of the Rookie season2!
I saw a quick ad for some of the fall lineup, and it seems that they are going to move him to Sunday nights :(

Here, a lot of of the HBO / AMC type shows air on Sundays so I am afraid this one might get lost in the shuffle. Why can't they just leave it alone? I liked it on Tuesday nite! It fit well with NewAmsterdam, FBI, This Is Us, and NCIS.

4 months ago
laura1
guru

4 months ago
appara2
guru

I just read that there's going to be a few changes in the Rookie for the upcoming season.

It seems that T.O. Talia Bishop is not going to be watching over John, instead he will have an older male detective as his mentor.

As well, someone with a connection to his past is going to be working in the ER.

I am going to miss Talia, she was tough but you could tell she was rooting for Nolan to succeed!

3 months ago
laura1
guru

yeah Talia bishop has other problems to deal with.
I hope Tim survives I really like him and there's so much more than meet the eye with him

3 months ago
appara2
guru

I just read that she didn't leave the show on amicable terms. She is claiming sexual harassment and racial discrimination. That could spell the end of The Rookie if it turns out the Power-That-Be did not investigate when she reported it.
Hard to believe that shit like that can still happen after the 'Me Too' frenzy that blasted through the movie/tv industry!

2 months ago
laura1
guru

I read that too! no one did anything when she reported it only later the hair department person was fired after sexually assaulting her at the end of the season party. But still no investigation.
I hope it doesn't end with the show been cancelled.

2 months ago
appara2
guru

The Rookie producers and others named by Afton Williamson 'Bishop' have all been cleared by an independent investigation. So sad that these people had to deal with being publicly named by the media, they lost respect and jobs.

4 weeks ago
jhanik

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

so do you think Afton Williamson just lied? why would she lie about something so serious?

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yeah, I'm thinking that she made most of it up. In the update I read there was around 400 hours of interviews and reviews of evidence by a 3rd-party independent investigation and they found nothing to support her claim. Surely somebody would step up and say if they saw or heard something? To create a show there has to be a lot of people wandering around on the set? And she said it started way back in the Pilot episode!! So she stuck around for 20 episodes of abuse? I think that - more than anything - makes me sure she wasn't being truthful.

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I agree, why endure all that for 20 episodes. I bet she as kicked out from the show for some reason and this was an attempt at revenge

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yeah, it's odd. First it was an amicable split from the show, then the reveal of abuse and racism, now the outcome where all charges dropped.
If she isn't charged with libel or mischief maybe it was all a ploy to keep the Rookie in the news while waiting for the return? LOL
Still 6 days away for this one, but my Monday schedule is full to bursting with all the returns and premiers!!

4 weeks ago
laura1
guru

911 and the good doctor are on tonight! looking forward to those.

4 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I enjoyed the return. Except for the peek into the life of Lopez and the lawyer. A grilled cheese left in the shower? Then she eats the rest of it?? and the rest of the mess in that place?! She is a hoarder! How in the hell does she keep track of her uniform and accessories? Yet he's okay with living there? Ummm...no!

I can't say that I missed Bishop at all, but heard she is gone over to the ATF after lying on her apllication to the LAPD?

Bradford training Chen should be the one charged with harrasment LOL!! His over the top techniques have helped her in quite a few situation! She looked very proud of herself when she gave the details on the bad guy, that his prints may be on the car 'cause he didnt wear gloves. I think those two were my favorite of this episode!

It also looks like John spent some time in the gym over the break. He seemed to have lost some weight and put on some muscle. The way he came up behine the baddie and tossed him out the window was fantastic!

3 weeks ago
laura1
guru

it was a good start but I agree with you about that messy house! it made feel like I needed a shower!! LOL! so not necessary! it was just there as a filler.

can't figure out why Bradford was such a douche with Chen!? after all she did for him. I did like the look on his face after she confronted him on his "CODE" LOL that was a wake up call I think.

I did notice John was better looking than last season!! yeah that was awesome tossing the bad guy out of the window! not sure I like the woman his with though she feel weird I'm sure something is going to happen there.

3 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yeah, although I don't think that Bradford thought that Chen was the low score, he wants her to be the best. His tactics have always been a little off-beat, but because of that, I think she will be a better officer. He's just lucky his 'powder bomb' wasn't found by some random person in the park! Can you imagine?? I have to admit I did laugh when Chen got powdered, and it was a wakeup call for her that a radio can make a bomb go boom!

I hope that they soon write Jessica out. I don't think her and John have chemistry, and he obviously has picked up on her 'hard' behavior? I'm not even sure why she keeps popping up? I thought she was a private security consultant and would have been gone after Grey turned down her job offer.

3 weeks ago
laura1
guru

'powder bomb' was funny! poor girl! LOL

I really don't trust Jessica, you just don't laugh at a crime scene.

2 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Pfffft...Jessica is gone, replaced by a nurse? LOL

Interesting episode, the concrete survivor, to me, was unbelievable. Seriously, could a person really survive after being buried in concrete for at least a couple minutes, and probably a few more since he was buried in a fairly large container.
I wonder if this night detective will be partnered up with Nolan for the next while? I kind of like how he set Nolan up to see how he would react. They worked well together, and he seems like a good guy. Poor Nolan, how's he gonna deal with the dad stepping off the top of the truck?

2 weeks ago
laura1
guru

nice episode! I like that maybe Jessica is gone and I like the nurse better maybe there's a story there? oh and did you notice the sparks between Chan and Bradford? they were so CUTE!
yes I too found the concrete survivor unbelievable...the dad killed himself for nothing as BOTH killer survived, that was so sad, poor wife.

And how can there be a whole trailer park in the police parking lot! that was strange.

2 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yes, I thought I noticed a vibe between Chan and Bradford too. I hope it doesn't happen 'cause then his whole attitude toward her would change! And I kinda like the extra challenges he creates for her on the job. Plus, she already knows that getting involved with a colleague doesn't work.

I supposed, in a warm climate the trailer park in the parking lot would be possible, although I would think there might be a zoning problem? LOL

I have a memory of an older TV show, I'm thinking it was a comedy, that did the same thing, except it was at an airport.

2 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I agree it would be weird if Chan and Bradford got together, but I like the vibe it's cute.

I think your thinking of the show LA To Vegas?

2 weeks ago
appara2
guru

Yes, that was it! It was way too silly, I dropped it after a couple episodes.

I would like to see Chen and Bradford stay together, which if he passes his exam they could remain as partners?

**And I read that they have found a replacement for Bishop, she's quite pretty (and older). We will have to wait and see how she fits in.

2 weeks ago
laura1
guru

LA To Vegas was silly but it had it's moments it only lasted a season.
It would be GREAT if Chan and Bradford became partners...fingers crossed!

I was hoping the night detective would be Bishop replacement they have such good chemistry.

2 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I liked him too, and kind of thought he would be the new mentor, but I guess the show lost a female so they have to replace with another female? Come to think of it, there is no male-male or female-female partnerships. Odd.

13 days ago
laura1
guru

it makes sense that it's always a man and a woman cop, it think it has to do with protecting themselves for law suits like for example if a female gets arrested the female cop does the pat down to see if she's hiding any weapons, so she can't say that the cop touched her inappropriately or sexually assaulted her, and idem if it's a man.

13 days ago
appara2
guru

I never thought about it that way. It makes sense with all the people now that are making accusations. Better to have a witness, kind of like a docter with a nurse present during an exam.

I stumbled on a little article about Chen making the comment to Bradford about having a different way of learning. Then making the audio book for Bradford, and him admitting that he learns better by listening. I didn't really even think about it at the time, but kudos to the writers for showing these professionals to be not so perfect, and still great at their jobs!
ps. I also really enjoyed Chen getting such a kick out of some of the stuff she read and then having him repeat it!!

12 days ago
appara2
guru

Enjoyable episode, and was fun to see a couple Castle co-stars again! I wonder if that's why they had this episode more on the 'silly' side? eg. being chased by bees, the spinning dremel sawblade, the date setup with Bradford.

My guess it's going to be a switch of girlfriends for Nolan? Last week the doc wanted nothing to do with him, this week she makes a point of stopping to chat?
Talk about a double standard with Jessica. He doesn't return her calls and she's tracking him down on the job, but it's fine if she doesn't reply to his calls?

I wonder is Wes will file a false report just to try to make sure that guy goes to jail? Even though he was a baddie, I'm not convinced he was the one that tossed it for the young boy to find.

9 days ago
laura1
guru

I loved the episode it was a fun one to watch. I think Jessica is on her way OUT! I like the doctor way better and since she told him that she is separated it opens up lots of possibilities. I'm thinking that Jessica has some mental problems I think she stokes Nolan she's going to become trouble.

I don't think Wes filed a false report as at the end the bad guy got put away I think it was his gun the DNA proved it. The gun that was used before had DNA on it all they had to do is get a sample form the guy they didn't say but I think it was a match as he was arrested.

I think the part with the kid shooting him mom was a bit over the top! I mean I think a kid that age would have dropped the gun when the cop told him too. for me it wasn't credible.

"short sleeves" haa that was great! and we got to see shirtless Bradford! talk about eye candy! LOL

8 days ago
appara2
guru

But there were no fingerprints on the gun! No way did he have time to wipe it clean when he was running. That's why I think there is going to be more to this story. I'm not sure, but I think West still hasn't filed his report, and the cop he was partnered with was urging him to embellish his statement.

The kid playing with the gun I can kind of understand. I have heard of a few times where a child has killed another family member. Guns are toys, or part of a video game, or an action scene on TV. I think if the mom would have used her MOM voice, he would have put it down. And yes, when told by the police he should have been paying attention! I really thought he would just shoot wild and then be tackled to the ground.

That bet was all worthwhile at the end, specially with us getting some eyecandy!! I think Bradford knew she was watching and set up that face slap. Those two did have a bit of physical chemistry, even though they had nothing else in common, and for the boot to find the boots... too funny!

and.... Of course the super rich Mom loves the hoarder girlfriend. That peek into her lifestyle has ruined her for me, I just don't see how he can ignore that way of living! Even if he is rich enough to hire a cleaner everyday, she is still a slob! ewwww!

8 days ago
laura1
guru

there was a scene on the stairs that the the chief asks Wes about the guy he arrested and he tells him he was being processed, when Wes asks why, he tells him that the weapon the boy found had been used by the guy in an unsolved murder and that they had DND from the scene but now match in the system, Wes said he's not in the system and so run down to get the DNA sample but finds out that the guy had been freed by the DA that had told him there was no case earlier in the episode.

I totally forgot about rich mom! LOL! this is going to change the relationship, now that the secret is out.

8 days ago
appara2
guru

Okay, DNA on the gun could match to him, so they don't need the prints. That makes sense!

7 days ago
appara2
guru

So, Nolan has a new training officer. She is very attractive, but wow, what a load of baggage she brings with her. I guess they had to make her bad-ass to keep Nolan moving forward, but it's amazingly lucky she didn't get a few of her fellow officers killed! (Only in TV land can that many bullets fly and everyone walks away!)

Bradford picking a b'day gift was hilarious! For being so intuitive the man is clueless!
The hoarder redeemed herself a little too in this episode. Really trying to help the homeless woman after she was targeted by those teens, bravo!

2 days ago
laura1
guru

I don't like the new training officer, think there is going to be a LOT of DRAMA!
well to be fair, Nolan got hit by a bullet and so did one of the bad guys LOL!
but yeah most of the time nobody gets hit, that is so silly also when no one reloads ans shoot like a 50 bullets from a pistol that only has 15!! ...Hollywood! ...

The hoarder did the right thing by helping the homeless and also arresting her. I would have liked to see how that ended.

2 days ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.