TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » New Amsterdam season 1
appara2
guru
New Amsterdam season 1

I enjoy most of the medical dramas for as long as they air. Not sure where the storyline will go with the main character as he struck me as a little too ADD/ADHD to be the one in charge...but I guess we shall see. (NBC ordered a full season)

1 year ago
Comments
laura1
guru

wow! did not see that coming!!
great start to the season.

8 months ago
appara2
guru

This one is still on my dvr, I plan to make time to watch it (and a couple more) today!

8 months ago
laura1
guru

then I won't say anything!

8 months ago
appara2
guru

Season2 premiere managed to surprise the heck outta me!
I did kind of wonder why Max took the baby to the hospital daycare, but I honestly had no thought that he actually had to!

I thought that Sharpe and/or Bloom wouldn't have survived the crash. I do feel bad for Lauren with the leg injury as she wouldn't be able to take any pain killers! I was just about crying with her when she was up on the roof trying to massage the pain away.

That hire-me-promote me argument between Sharpe and the young woman that was working in Sharpe's office? not sure what that was about. Or maybe that is something that is going to be revealed in a future episode?

Also glad that Kapoor didn't have to retire!! LOL

8 months ago
laura1
guru

that was the last person I thought would die! I thought Laura Bloom would die as she wanted to leave, then I thought is was Sharpe because she gave up Max to a new doctor...that was a total shock! I thought he was bringing his kid to the hospital so that his wife could heal from the wounds and the c-section, not because she was DEAD!!!

I'm also glad Kapoor didn't have to retire! It was kinda of funny how all his diagnoses were wrong! it was a good way to lighten up the episode.

8 months ago
appara2
guru

I can kind of understand why he is mad at the doctor that was operating on his wife, and couldn't save her. But... as a doctor he should know that not everyone can be saved. Also, he is in charge of the hospital, somebody should kick him in the ass and tell him that holding grudges against co-workers doesn't set a good example!! Specially since 3 months have passed!!

Whatever argument happened between him and Helen too has been causing a problem for quite a long time.

8 months ago
laura1
guru

I din't like that apart too the grudge against the other doctor is so out of place since HE too is a doctor!
The problem with Helen is that she gave him up to the young doctor and she went away guess he felt abandoned and now that same young doctor just blackmailed Helen with Max's health into giving her the job. That's because Helen got her fired in the first season! ...Am I making sense?? anyway it's all a big twist!

8 months ago
appara2
guru

I am going to like the straight laced military man butting heads with Max. It amused me to see him adjust his stride to be in synch with Max, but shouldn't he be carrying a clipboard or notebook or recorder if he is the admin assistant?

Get her a dog? What the hell?
There is more to owning a dog than just taking it for a walk twice a day! Sure, a dog walker is probably a cheaper option compared to a nurse, but wouldn't one of those 'I've fallen and can't get up' gadgets be a cheaper option than getting a dog?

7 months ago
laura1
guru

an interesting episode! well that whole get a dog idea was a bit silly in the end it'll cost more than the nurse! I was so disappointed at Karpoor son! what a coward thing to do. I guess he didn't really care about her, he just did it to hurt his dad as he was interested in her at the beginning. Hope he doesn't come back.

7 months ago
appara2
guru

She can't say that Kapoor didn't warn her. He told her right from the start this his son had problems. I remember back when Kapoor lent money to her for her pet to have surgury, and Rohan was so mad at his dad because he wouldn't even help him that way. Being a recovering addict, I don't blame Kapoor for not handing over cash.
I think Ella and Kapoor make a better couple anyway!!

7 months ago
appara2
guru

I finally sat and watched last weeks episode.

I thought it would be about Max's baby being hurt or even kidnapped!!
Somebody should really tell that man that leaving a baby in the care of a teenager that you just met might not be the best idea.
Or, abandoning that same baby in the middle of the sidewalk when you run back to start doing CPR on a man in the street....grrrr!

and then they continued with....
A random barber dishing out prescription meds?
Sharp handing out a lethal dose of meds. Is there no record keeping in the pharmacy?
Kapoor and Iggy making a house call to check for lead? And then suing the city
This episode was just too unbelievable, even for me LOL

7 months ago
laura1
guru

yeah it wasn't a great episode I thought something was going to happen to Max's baby not with the teen as he could see the baby all the time, but on the side walk when he left the stroller!
as for the barber...it's one thing that he gets the blood pressure reading and keep a log and another to give out prescription drugs! so many things can go wrong he's not a doctor! that was just stupid.
the house call to check for lead was laughable.
yeah it was a stupid episode

7 months ago
appara2
guru

Enjoyed this episode much more than last week.
I wonder where the new admin assisstant was? Nobody around to help Max on his quest to have the insurance provider change it's policy to cover a procedure? Not to be callous, but cancer is a tough one to beat. Would it be fair to have a surrogate for a baby, and then not be there to be a parent? Yes, there are lots of people wanting to adopt babies, but this surrogate was the sister. If she didn't want a child herself, would it be that easy to walk away from the baby that is all that is left of your family?

The lady astronaut story was interesting. She doesn't want treatment, 'cause it could blow her chances of going into space next year. So, she's willing to walk out of the hospital and risk having a blackout behind the wheel of her car and possibly kill people?? Makes her as much of a psychopath as that litle girl! When they showed her floating in the stars I thought the quick-fix they did on her heart didn't work!

Speaking of that little girl, she really creeped me out!! Man, she could switch from sweet to evil in a single breath!! I don't think coming in for weekly appointments is going to work in the long term? I hope her brother survives!

Bloom 'meditating' and coming up with a solution? Kapoor's reaction made me laugh. He'd been sitting there for who-knows how long and wham! she's up and off in a matter of minutes! LOL

Sharp picked up on Max's comment about sharing the baby's laugh with Georgia?

7 months ago
laura1
guru

It was a good and interesting episode this week I agree.
I thought the cancer patient was very selfish in wanting a baby at all costs, she even had to have her uterus removed! very selfish.

Glad to see Max came through, well the Indian guy did! LOL yeah about the admin assisstant think he's part of the hospital board now, don't think we'll be seeing him anytime soon.

The girl was SCARY! wow great acting there! she was so credible in that interaction with Dr. Iggy.
wonder if there's going to be a follow up with the story?!

So is the doctor Bloom is having sex with a patient ? or is he the counselor? so he wasn't really on holiday? what did I miss?

I think Sharp and Max are going to end up together! for sure. Don't you think?

7 months ago
appara2
guru

I think Iggy made a huge mistake in thinking he can teach her empathy. She's only a kid and knows how to read people...even better than a trained professional. I think all he is teaching her is how to manipulate people more successfully. I hope they do a follow up on the psychopath girl, and I hope it isn't after she murders her whole family!

Bloom meditated her solution. She was using Dr. Ligon (sex) to take her mind off of her pain, instead of pain killers. So she is going back to her support group. And now it looks like Dr. Ligon is the leader of her support group. It's not a storyline that interests me, but I guess addiction calls for extreme solutions in some cases?

I personally don't want to see Max and Sharp get together. I know she looks at him that way, but he would be just too draining! Can you imagine having a full-time career and also trying to keep up with him? Nope, he needs somebody that has the time and energy to deal with all his quirks.

7 months ago
appara2
guru

I think this show is aiming to get itself cancelled? Another unbelievable week, I had high hopes after the last week!

Woman deliberately crashes van, to get church group ladies their health issues covered on their pre-existing conditions? She could have killed them all, and I don't think travel insurance works that way? I could be wrong....
The removal of guardianship and abortion done that quickly.....
Max living in an apartment with his dead wifes blood dried into the carpet? Could be romantic, could be a health hazard. Either way......
Iggy going ahead with an adoption, and lying to the adoption agency that his husband was onboard.....

I think I am starting to hate-watch, and that's not a good thing :(

7 months ago
laura1
guru

This show is going downhill! I did not LIKE this episode one bit! I don't think it's healthy to have blood stains with a baby in the room! don't think it's romantic, it's crazy.

The other storylines were boring and unrealistic.

I'm going to give this one a few more episodes in the hopes it's gets better or I'm done

7 months ago
laura1
guru

this episode was much better than last week's.
although I'm getting a bit fed up with the max's ghost wife storyline...let it go!
the play therapy was emotional and so was the ending.

6 months ago
appara2
guru

At least Max let the cleanup crew in! So they will find the huge bloodstain, Max will have to go into therapy and that will be the end of the ghost? I think we are coming into the winter break, so that will be the midseason cliffhanger?
I didn't like how quick they did the leukemia girl. She comes in, gets diagnosed, finds a long-lost father marrow donor and it's done, Sometimes I wish they would make a story arc instead of one and done. Also, leaving the voice mail on the dads machine? OMG. How did he even know that was the right number???
Max coming after the doctor that didn't save ghost wife, but was on the surgery that paralyzed the woman thats going to sue the hospital? Even though Max has forgiven Helen (still not sure exactly what she did) he still had a hate on for this doctor. Now, will Maxl have to apologize for his behavior at some point?
I also liked the play, I don't think it's realistic that traumatized vets would perform in the lobby of a hospital, but it gave some more backstory to Kapoor.

6 months ago
laura1
guru

the leukemia girl, when they were talking in the isle she tells the doc that her dad is alive and she uncomfortable? calling him so the doc offered to make the call that's how he knew it was the right number.

Looks like the doctor who couldn't save Max's wife is a honest and good one! I was surprised that he had reported the incident the next day! even Max looked surprised! Max has to apologize for his behavior at some point. Wonder if the paralyzed patient will take the money or sue?

6 months ago
appara2
guru

My problem was with him leaving a voice mail. That kind of personal detail, left at a phone number that you have never dialed before is not professional!

Personal details, specially from somewhere like a hospital, should be given only if it is confirmed that they are speaking to the right person. What if this child had been the product of an affair, and his wife picked up the message? So much could have gone wrong.
Yeah, I know, TV land! LOL

After so many years in pain, and it was deliberate to keep it quiet!! I think she has every right to sue. I wonder how many other 'accidents' that first doctor made and were covered up....
Somehow I'm sure Max will come up with a solution to save the hospital from a lawsuit, or paying out $$.

6 months ago
laura1
guru

geeez what a heartbreaking episode!
the poor woman and her dead baby was so intense and sad to watch, but at least it gave closure to the ghost wife! yay!!

Ella has made the right decision in keeping the baby I'm sure Kapoor will be a great granddad.

Don't understand why Frome didn't tell his husband about the adoption, now I think he has done damage to their relationship, adoption is a serious thing.

That tramp! the dr. with the glasses she has it in for Sharpe! she took the opportunity to get her out of the way when she called the head of the hospital to get the charges dropped and then telling her that she thought she was on their side is so fake and unbelievable!

6 months ago
appara2
guru

Yes, I think that's what finally pushed him to say goodbye.

Atho....Nobody that came to clean has said a work about the huge old stain, I wonder if he kept them away from that part of the apartment?

Kapoor has officially moved up to my favorite in this show. He is just so calm and professional and confident. Even when he comes up with the wrong diagnosis. I'm glad for him that he's going to be a grandpa...or maybe take on the role of Dad?? He originally was going to ask her out before his son came into the story?

I hope that Bloom is a quick healer. Her surgery and recovery don't interest me in the least, specially if she goes back to the sex/addiction storyline!

She is a backstabbing bitch that one! The look on her face after getting Sharpe in trouble? She knew exactly what she was doing! But the look on Helen's face showed that she knows she has an enemy.

6 months ago
laura1
guru

I think no one said anything about the blood stain because Sharpe and Bloom were there when it happened, and guess the other all knew, and there was no point in saying anything?

Wish we could see more stories about Kapoor such a down to earth person. Bloom on the other hand is getting to be quite BORING with her pain! not interesting at all for me as well.

oh I want something bad for that backstabbing bitch to happen! good thing that Sharpe acknowledges that she is an enemy and to be careful, hope she can figure a way to get rid of her for good soon!

6 months ago
laura1
guru

the show got renewed for 3 seasons! this is great news

4 months ago
appara2
guru

Yes, I have been seeing promo's for the return from winter break. I see quite a few of our people holding their wounds!! Bringing all those women over from the prison was NOT a good idea!!

4 months ago
laura1
guru

yeah! what were they thinking! can't wait!

4 months ago
appara2
guru

Interesting way to lock down a hospital? People running here, people running there, security doors not locked down, the chief in the basement searching for escapees, and all the security/police hiding in the same room? LOL

Even with all that, I enjoyed the episode. I wonder if Reynolds is really going to leave? He hasn't been front & center lately, and his fiancee has a job offer elsewhere, so it wouldn't surprise me.
It looks like Sharpe is staying, She now has yet another reason to oust her replacement? I wonder if Max really fell for her speech about supporting Sharpe and vowing to do everything she can to help her get her reputation back?

Vijay kinda popped the question! I wonder if Ella will take him up on his offer? And how long till the son shows up on the doorstep....

4 months ago
laura1
guru

It was an interesting episode, the way the lockdown was handled was stupid to say the least!! LOL!
it was a good way to get more info on the characters, I knew the therapy doctor was and addict, and I liked the way she tells him to loose her number!
and that Iggy is so full of himself! I mean I didn't buy for a second all that shit he was saying about himself such a narcissist! the way he has no consideration for his husband I was glad to see that HE didn't fool the therapist he wanted to fire.

I do hope Ella moves in with Vijay I think they would be great together. Sharpe has to stay if anything she needs to put that bitch in her place! arggghhh that speech to Max was so FAKE!! he didn't fall for it,

4 months ago
appara2
guru

They should have just done the whole episode around Kapoor! I didn't realize that was him when they started off 14 years ago with hair! Going through the years, and the plant getting stronger and healthier while his patient stayed comatose was sad. I felt bad for the wife, and was in awe of how Kapoor councelled her, allowing her to finally let her husband go.

Not sure where they are going with the Iggy storyline. He used to be a professional, but they are making him into a whole 'nuther needy character. I'm not interested in going down that road with him.

I am enjoying the newly fixed Lauren and her take charge attitude. Much better than the drug addict!

Not sure how I feel about them having a miracle cure for the vaping case. As far as I have seen, there is no happy ending once the lungs get to that point. Yeah, I know, storyland :(

I think we have finally seen the beginning of the end of the 'replacement cancer doc'?

4 months ago
laura1
guru

I thought that the vaping kid was going to get a lung transplant from the comatose man, it would have made a lot more sense than the miracle.

oh and I'm glad Max went to the playdate! I don't think he's going to end up with that mom, I think he's destined to end up with Sharpe.

4 months ago
appara2
guru

Together Max and Sharpe would be a power couple! But I don't want them together!! LOL
They are friends, they think alike and they have respect for each other. That would all change if they got into a relationship.
Yes!! The coma guy being a donor would have been a better way. I didn't even think of that the whole time I watched that part of the story, I was just blown away by Kapoor!

3 months ago
laura1
guru

have you seen this weeks episode?

3 months ago
appara2
guru

Oh yes! I watched it last night.
It was nice to see Max's assistant...even if it was for a few seconds! I always wondered what happens to some of his people, and then they appear! LOL

I thought at the beginning that Brantly was way out of character, it was so sad at the end when she put up the photo, and then the closeup and I realized that the addict was her sister!

They are doing weird things with Iggy? His councelling of the young brother/sister made me very uncomfortable. I think there are a lot of people that are discovering a 'closer' familial relationship now that DNA tests are a dime a dozen? so that part didn't bother me. It is Iggy that is creeping me out. What was it with eating the cookie and spitting it out..blechhh!!!

3 months ago
laura1
guru

I knew something was up wit Brantly when she told Max to do the most damage that he could! but had not idea the the overdosed patient was her sis...heartbreaking!

I was uncomfortable with the brother sister story too! I mean they were half brothers!! they had a parent in common, how did they not know?? and Iggy pushing them together is just wrong it's incest!
and they can't have biological kids...I was hoping that at the end she would have walked away.

The cookie thing was gross! he wastes a lot of food!

3 months ago
pcgameshere

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

3 months ago
appara2
guru

What kind of school would even dream of doing a 'live' shooter scenario without letting the teachers know? Back in the day the fire alarm made me jump, but at least nobody started a fire in the hall just to make it appear more real! Good of the school to let Iggy come in and do outreach since they didn't have their own councelling personell.
I didn't really get what the purpose of the lawsuit was? Just a time waster for the show?
Kapoor has a phobia about black cats! She was beautiful!! LOL

2 months ago
laura1
guru

Can you imagine the trauma to those poor kids! that is so wrong! crazy!
I didn't get the point of the lawsuit either maybe it was to tell us that drug use make you loose your memory? to feel pity for Lauren's mom?

Yeah Ella has to change the cat's name! LOL!! that cat was a beauty, I love black cats!

Has the coronavirus reached Alberta?

2 months ago
appara2
guru

We had none a couple weeks ago, now we are at 19 confirmed cases. The first one was a lady from Calgary that came back from a cruise, and then was confirmed a couple weeks later.
The confirmed cases are people in their mid 30's that have returned from trips to Egypt, Spain, United States and Mexico, so now it's to track back and see who all they have been in contact with.
So, the closest case to me is a 3 hour drive away, but with the military base here I'm sure we will have a few cases pop up in our area.

How bout you?

2 months ago
laura1
guru

that doesn't sound too bad. My country is in lockdown quarantine I can't go anywhere except for grocery shopping and the pharmacy, I have to stay at home. All the other stores like shops, malls, bars and restaurants are all closed, no church services, or ceremonies are allowed. It's pretty bad!
can't even go for a walk!
So far there are no cases in my town, the closest one is about 15km away.

2 months ago
appara2
guru

Scary, this new virus! Here I don't think people are taking it seriously. There is nothing really done yet to stop travel or, from what I hear on the news, no plan to stop the spread. I heard just this morning that our PrimeMinister's wife is feeling poorly so they are going into self-isolation for a couple weeks.
It would be stressful to not be able to go for a walk...such a simple thing, but I love getting out in the morning with my dog!!

2 months ago
appara2
guru

I am mostly satisfied with the 'finale' of this season.
Max and Sharpe are not meant to be, they are never in the same place. It seems she is starting up with the new trauma surgeon while at the same time Max is ending his relationship with Alice.

Kapoor and the clingy wife! Too funny!! And then Karen sends him an invitation as she gets off the elevator. I wonder if that will go anywhere? LOL

Do you think Iggy went too far the other way with the gun toting hubby? And then to find that the wife went and armed herself because she is that scared of him. I think we may see that couple again next season!!

My heart was breaking for that young family. I honestly thought he would make the 10-second requirement on his second try.
:(

7 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I liked the finale too. What do you think of the new doctor? I think I like him he has character.
I thought Max and Alice were doing so well, was a bit surprised that Max ended it.

Kapoor the poor man! it was so funny how no one believed him, then the elevator scene was great!
wonder if he'll call her?!

Well I think Iggy gave the wrong assessment on the guy with the gun, he looked crazy and dangerous to me, we are going to see them again next season for sure.

I could have done without the little boy's story! damn that was so sad and heartbreaking to watch! the 10-second requirements was pure torture.

6 weeks ago
appara2
guru

I wonder if Daniel Dae Kim is going to be a regular next season? or if he is just going to do a couple episodes like he did for The Good Doctor?
Kapoor needs to have a life outside the hospital, and it just might give Ella some breathing room! Hmmm....I wonder what is happening with Ella, the pregnancy and the cat!? LOL

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

I hope he stays he brings a bit of spice to the show.
as for Ella is her pregnancy in real time??? taking a long time to have a baby in tv land.

6 weeks ago
laura1
guru

hope we don't have to wait a longer time for next season due to the pandemic

6 weeks ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.