TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Doc Martin
Doc Martin

The Doc is back...Series 6 is coming to local PBS stations this February.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/arts/television/the-british-series-doc-martin-takes-off-in-us.html?_r=3

5 years ago
Comments
alastair
expert

Brit, keep me posted on your impressions of Doc Martin..

3 months ago

Will do, Alastair!

3 months ago
alastair
expert

Happy Thanksgiving holiday!

7 days ago
soler
expert

Good to hear from you alastair …. we had not heard from ya in a while : )

6 days ago
alastair
expert

Hi Soler!

Looking forward to the new season of the Doc..

5 days ago

Hello Alastair!

To date, I have only watched one episode of the new season. I kind of moved on after that and never got back to it. I will be delving in again shortly with another episode. My first impressions... the Doc is as insufferable as ever, I really do not enjoy watching him anymore. My question, and it is only a rhetorical one, what happened to Louisa? When we first met her she was such a lovely, open-hearted person, you couldn't help but fall in love with her. The Louisa we see on screen today is a different person, she has changed since living with Martin and not in a good way. She has become more like him, I find myself bristling with her as I do him and to be honest I don't like the person she has become. Such a shame, as she use to be such a joy to watch.

The highlight of this season is Al and Morwenna, their storyline is what I am watching for. This whole season would be another downer without them. Eilleen Atkins is looking rather frail to me. She is in her mid eighties now and it is wonderful that we can still enjoy her on screen, but you can't help but worrying a bit. Thank goodness for her character Ruth, if Ms. Atkins decides that the shooting schedule is too much for her and does not come back for next season (no matter what they say now, there will be a S10) there is going to be a big hole left with her departure. She is a grounding force for Martin, without her things would really go amuck. You can't pull another Aunt out of a hat, so I don't know what the writers would do. Then again, S10 should be the last season in my opinion. If she is spry enough to finish it out, it would be best to close the story of Portwenn and its' inhabitants and move on as the series has dried out.

4 days ago
deedee713
guru

Hello Alastair, good to see you!

Brit, where is Doc Martin season 9 showing? No one has advertised it, that I have heard.

4 days ago

I did just finish the Agatha Raisin Holiday Special that is being aired on Acorn TV. They billed it as a "Halloween" Special at first, but it really has little to do with Halloween, it is a continuation of the story done as a stand alone movie rather than a multi-episode series. They have now rebilled it as a "Holiday" Special.

The series is owned by Acorn at this point - they are funding its' continuation - and they left us knowing that there is more to come... the stage has been set, Agatha is now a full fledge detective with her own agency!

I do get the biggest kick out of the series, I know it can get silly, in fact, I broke my viewing up in to three parts - smaller doses are better for me, but I just so enjoy it. I love to see what she is wearing, the handbags, the shoes - and she is outrageous as they come, but so, so fun! All the main characters have remained (which I am glad of) except for Gemma, she was mentioned so it is possible she could come back, yet they have added a new one (a cousin of hers) and my guess is that she is there to take her place. I looked it up, the actress playing Gemma, Katy Wix, is busy with two other series at the moment, so I think she has moved on.

Sarah Bloxby is helping Agatha with her investigations (as is Roy) and Mrs. Boggle is a prominent member of the cast. Sarah's husband (the Vicar) is still away on sabbatical and we won't be seeing him again. I am glad they cut him loose, he added nothing positive to the story and it is better without him. I wonder if he is going to stay on permanent sabbatical, or if they are going to write him out in a different way. At some point they will have to address it.

You will be happy to know that James Lacey is still in Agatha's life. I will say no more, I don't want to spoil everything!! Hopefully, they will show the Holiday Special on PBS soon. It might appear in the beginning of the new year.

4 days ago

Deedee, Acorn TV has it, it is still exclusive. It won't be shown on PBS until next year, most likely in the spring sometime.

4 days ago
alastair
expert

Hello, Brit and Deedee!

2 days ago
alastair
expert

Brit, interesting you should say that about Louisa. Didn't Carla feel she was cold toward Martin in the beginning of S7 when she returned with James. Louisa is obviously more sociable than he, but can lack warmth. Looking forward to watching for that. Perhaps is because they both had absentee parents..
Awaiting your full review..

2 days ago
alastair
expert

I love Agatha Raisin, but never went beyond the first season here. Will keep a watch out..

2 days ago

Alastair, it is more her general attitude to the people and situations around her than to Martin himself. She is actually good with Martin, which is the crux of it I think, she has become somewhat desensitized to the world around her, much like Martin.

20 hours ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.