TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
expert
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

6 years ago
Comments

Spoilers ..............................Deedee, I finished the last two episodes of Unbelievable last night. What a truly satisfying ending. I wish that could be true in all crimes like this, unfortunately that is not the case. What a team....they never gave in, nor did they give up. That was an extraordinary investigation that took complete dedication on everyone's part. Even the intern was integral to unearthing information and providing leads. No stone was left unturned in the battle to find that sick SOB, and because of it, he got life, 300 years. He will never see daylight again. I was pumping my fists in the air when I heard the Judge give that sentence.

I agree with you that the actress playing Marie did a much better job of portraying the character in the last two episodes. I don't know if it was that the character gelled with her at that point, but she seemed to absorb and convey who she was in a way that was much more believable to me. In the beginning it was almost like she (as an actress) did not believe in herself, her performance, which then made it difficult for me, the audience to believe in her. She got it together in the end and it made a big difference.

I would love to see Wever and Collette revive their roles in a second series. This is another one of those teams that has a chemistry that jumps through the TV screen. Right up there with the best. I found this article which says it all.

https://decider.com/2019/09/17/unbelievable-merritt-wever-toni-collette-dream-team/

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Completely agree, Brit. Especially on the intern, who was initially dismissed as 'intern', and then provided a key to solving the case.

The writing, directing, pacing, casting, everything was good. But without Wever and Collette, it would have just been good, instead of excellent.

I would like to see them continue this series, much as Unforgotten did.

Good article. I like this line, I couldn't agree more.

Merritt Wever and Toni Collette are both very, very, very good actors.

10 months ago

The hubs and I went to see the Downton movie yesterday afternoon. Wonderful, wonderful! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Even the hubs enjoyed it and he doesn't know a thing about Downton. What was nice was that they did a quick summary of the characters stories in the beginning which gave those that might not be as familiar enough background to understand who these people are.

The movie hit all the right notes, much like the finale of the TV series. The story, which centered on on the King's and Queen's visit, was positive and forward moving. No backward glances at the past turmoil. Speaking of this, Anna has a large role, Bates on the other hand, had a few very brief (and I mean brief) cameo appearances which I was so glad of.

Highclere Castle looks gorgeous on the big screen, the impact is so much more than you can get on TV. I think you will all love the movie whether you see it at the theater or on DVD. I know I want to see it again, and will, once the DVD is released. I want to watch, all cozy, wrapped up in my throw on my sofa with a cup of tea.

10 months ago

I have not seen Press or The latest Durrell's as yet. I will probably watch them over the next several days.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, I wonder if any of the 'streamers' will get it? I'd like to see all the characters again, late as I was to being a fan.

I'd also like to see the movie with Miss Fisher come to the streamers. It's four (!) years already that the show ended, much too abruptly, thanks to corporate politics. After enduring will they, won't they ad nauseam, they finally kissed in the last scene of the last episode and bob's your uncle, that was that.

Much like Dr. Blake, but I'll never see him again in anything new.

It's such a shame when humans and/or real life invade our televisual fantasies.

10 months ago

Deedee, I was thinking specifically of Unforgotten when I was writing my comment. We are on the same wavelength.... the chemistry of Wever and Collette is of the same caliber. Fingers crossed that we get more of this duo.

10 months ago

Deedee, it will most likely be available for purchase On-Demand for awhile and then I would imagine one of the movie cable channels will offer it as part of their subscription. It is possible though, by that point, that Acorn TV or Britbox might also purchase the rights and stream it as part of their inventory as well.

It has been so successful that they are talking about another sequel. I just read somewhere that Julian Fellows had said, if the movie was successful, he would be willing to do another one and that the original cast would also be willing to participate. (Why not, talk about the golden egg!!) So there may be one more as the movie is a big box office hit and that is not including DVD sales. I know I would be happy about it, reminds me of the days when we would anticipate the newest Miss M. or Poirot. It was an event looked forward to by many.

10 months ago

Deedee, Acorn TV is going to be the exclusive North American partner for the Miss Fisher movie. The movie has been completed and will be offered sometime this year.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Interesting, Brit, thank you. I never read that about the Miss Fisher movie.The series reruns just switched from Netflix to Acorn. As I noted, they are being re-shown on PBS (perhaps a healthy donation from Acorn?) in anticipation of the movie release.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Got it! What would I do without Google.

This is the series I was trying to recall, but my memory was faulty, again.

The Night Of was a 2016 American eight-part crime drama television miniseries based on the first season of Criminal Justice, a 2008 British series

Unbelievable was superior.

10 months ago

Deedee, I looked the series up, it did not ring a bell (I would never have come up with it), once I read the synopsis I think I vaguely remember hearing about it. It was the Rikers Island part that got the memory going, I heard (or read) about a TV series where a person was falsely accused of murder and sent to Rikers (that is one very bad place). It was on HBO.

10 months ago

I watched Press last night, after which I very much needed to watch something light and fluffy. I will refrain from further comment until I know you have all have watched. Just as a note of caution, you may feel the need to take a shower after you watched.

So late into the evening I streamed (from the 'Tube) this 1973 mystery series that had caught my eye. I am not recommending this to anyone, but you all know how I love my older TV series - I will admit, I miss this time in TV, not that I don't enjoy what is on offer today, but stepping back brings me a bit of joy. I need to wallow in nostalgia more and more I find these days. I do not think we really fully appreciated the quality of what we had (both here and across the pond) from days gone by. I know I took too much for granted, as most young people do, now that I am older and more discerning I am more appreciative of the talent that went in to many of these TV shows.

10 months ago

Anyway, this was a new one to me. The Snoop Sisters, which was part of the NBC Wednesday Mystery Movie lineup. I had never heard of it! You all might have... Soler, from what I read it was shown in Canada as well as here. It starred Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick as two elderly sisters that stumble across mysteries. (I am taking this directly from Wiki, paraphrasing as I go). It is a cross between Miss Marple and Murder She Wrote. In fact, Helen Hayes wears her hair in a more gussied-up version of Joan Hickson's Miss Marple. Since the first episode was done in 1973 (that is the one I watched, although there apparently was a pilot done in 1972), and Miss Marple did not come out to a little over ten years later, it can't be said that the Miss Marple (TV series) had any influence over the show.

The same with Muder She Wrote, as one of the sisters, Ernesta, played by Hayes, is a mystery novelist like Jessica Fletcher. Her sister Gwendolyn (Natwick) is also a writer, she published one book of poetry. They have a nephew who is a police lieutenant and there is an ex-con friend of his that watches over them and gets involved in their investigations (not happily, as it is his job to keep them out of trouble). Does any of this ring a bell? Unfortunately, it has been said that the series was before its' time, where "Murder She Wrote" and "Miss Marple" were run away hits ten years late, this series only had one season.

10 months ago

The show is tongue-in-cheek, not meant to be serious, and to be honest, the first ten minutes of the episode (Corpse and Robbers) was a bit ditzy. After that though, it kind of took off and I really got a big kick out of it. Hayes and Natwick are marvelous (Natwick actually won an Emmy as a role), there is no overt violence and you know everything will come out hunky-dory in the end. The sisters seem financially well off (as people were typically portrayed in that era), their home is what I would call lovey old-spinster esque (Gwendolyn is a widow). Think an American version of Miss M.'s cottage. Life is formal with breakfast and lunch beautifully laid out, the ladies wear suits and hats... in fact, everyone is dressed. I enjoy seeing the fashions. In one scene they had Helen Hayes in a soft powder blue dressing gown that was stunning with her white hair. So different than today, I love seeing the clothes and the sets. It may be an unreal look at what life really was, but it is indicative of the time period as everyone was more formal then in their everyday life.

I am going to look for the rest of the series to watch, it is just a nice escape and great to view late at night when I don't want to think too much, just be entertained.

10 months ago

I just want to mention that I read that Downton is kicking butt at the box office much to Hollywood's surprise, but not the fans who knew it was going to be a great success. It is beating out the competition in box office sales. :)

10 months ago

P.S. That should have been Natwick actually won an Emmy for the role.

10 months ago
soler
expert

The Snoop Sisters .. that's a new one on me as well Brit. Missed Press , didn't realize it was on until I read you're post . Went immediately to my DVR to lock it in for next week. Missing the first show will stick in my mind as I watch the rest of the series.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Hmmmm, unless I'm becoming hardened, I can't remember anything unusually unpleasant in Press. Perhaps I'm used to unpleasant in my regular viewing.

NBC Mystery Movies! You brought back memories. Remember the list of PBS Mystery! series I found, I found a similar list for the NBC shows. They were called 'wheel shows' or 'umbrella programs'. Sadly, I never watched The Snoop Sisters and I wonder why it didn't make it. Columbo and the rest went on forever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_NBC_Mystery_Movie_episodes

10 months ago

Columbo was already out there, Deedee, when the Snoop Sisters came along. On their wheel, the Snoop Sisters were with a group that included Tenafly, Faraday and Company and Banacek. Only Banacek made it and continued on for a second season. The problem may have been that these shows were aired on Wednesday nights as opposed to the prominent Sunday night series which offered Columbo, Quincy, McCloud and McMillian & Wife. I remember the Sunday night wheel shows very well, watched them all on repeats years later after the fact. I am sure they are still being aired somewhere on this planet.

I found the pilot episode of the Snoop Sisters and started watching it last night. The supporting actors are different from those in the series (Art Carney is the chauffeur in this one). What a delight. Unfortunately, I think there is only one other episode available to view. Definitely a precursor to Murder She Wrote and Joan Hickson's Miss M. As has been said, I think it was a little before its' time, it is a gentle show, people weren't quite ready to watch women of a certain age be the sleuths in the early 70's. By the 80's, both shows were introduced in 1984, they fell in love with Angela and Joan.

Yes, I remember the list of PBS Mysteries you found! I saved it for years until my old computer gave up the ghost. That was a wonderful find.

10 months ago

I can't remember anything unusually unpleasant in Press.

I honestly found it to be slimy. There was not one likable character that I even started to care about in the bunch. The real world is as bad these days, we are in overload, adding to it with this, even though it is fictional, is just too much for me. It is more of the same that we have to deal with in our real lives. I dare to say that at another time, I may have felt differently, but not now.

10 months ago

I watched The Durrells last night. My things are changing quickly!

10 months ago

Deedee, I know it is too early, but I watched a Christmas program from Delia Smith on the 'Tube (it is in three parts) that you would love. All about preparing a classic English Christmas which was filmed from Delia's cottage in the countryside. If you ever wanted to get a true feel of an English Christmas this gives it to you. It evokes Christmas. I am going to watch it again as we get closer to the season. Right now I am starting to gear up for Thanksgiving, which actually is my favorite holiday. Although,I am not cooking (again) this year - I wanted to do a big party and invite the hubs family (they keep hinting they want to come again for Thanksgiving, I know they had a good time when I had them for the holiday before because they still talk about it), but the hubs wants to go out for dinner and he is animate. He likes a quiet Thanksgiving. And that is what we call compromise, 'cause now I am thinking a blow out party for Christmas! We will see, I may change my mind on that one.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Ah, on that we agree Brit.

I doubt I will stick with it, snd if then only for the background noise.

It's why I prefer streaming. When I start on a show I think I'll like, the 3rd season of Goliath for example, and find out they stunk it up - in this case Chinatown and Night Gallery combined

SPOILER

(wouldn't YOU stay at a hotel owned by a malevolently slimy guy and not worry about something in your drink or spy cameras?) - and BBT is supposedly intelligent, then I can put up with as much as I can take and skip ahead to the last episode. In this case I didn't miss a thing by not watching the previous 6 episodes. Too bad, I like Nina Arianda.

I've lost all patience with weekly television, sad to say.

That's what made Unbelievable so good, as bad as the bad was, the two leads rose above it. And Unforgotten, well they got ME to sit and wait a week for the next episode!

Interesting, I don't think I watch one of the Wednesday night offerings. I have no idea what else was on, but I can say this for certain, Snoop Sisters did not get the press Banacek did. No surprise. Because I had until your post never heard of it.

10 months ago

Snoop Sisters did not get the press Banacek did.

Without a doubt, because I remember Banacek, and yet how did I not know of the Snoop Sisters either? Given the caliber of actors, Hayes and Natwick, you would think there would have been more attention paid to it. Then again, Banacek was an "unapologetic ladies man who enjoyed the company of beautiful woman" while living the high life. How was that to compete with two genteel older woman (who were as smart as tacks) solving crimes.

Soler, don't let my opinion of Press give you pause, just because I have hit my saturation point doesn't mean you won't enjoy it.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Oh for pity sake, I was warming to the guy!

Guadeloupe must be hotter than hades, isn't it time they hired a native for the lead:

"However, it's time to move on and explore other opportunities – preferably nearer the Arctic Circle."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a29412474/death-in-paradise-ardal-ohanlon-exit-series-9/

10 months ago
appara2
guru

Deedee, it doesn't seem like he's been on the island for 4 years! From the article he looks to being replaced fairly early in the next season? I'm going to put my money on a sad mystery surrounding his daughter.

10 months ago

What the heck!! I am so sorry to see him go! I really came to like him in the role, he had gotten his footing and had made it his own.

It has to be excruciatingly hot there, they are shooting in the summer when the heat is at its' worst, that doesn't help the situation. At this rate there is going to be a turn over in leads every three years, no one can seem to make it much longer than that.

10 months ago

Soler and Appara, have you caught up to E3 of Emergence? I did not see that coming, it never crossed my mind... I will say no more until I know you have seen it. There is only one more episode to go, wish there was more. I was checking the show out on IMDB and discovered that it was filmed in my neck of the woods, New Jersey. They gave no specifics, but I would assume in North Jersey across the river from New York.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

I thought the same thing, appara. They barely gave us time to adjust to him. Now with Dwayne gone, and who knows whom is in the show (is the latest season being shown here?), we get to do it all over again.

Yes, Brit, the show appears to be a revolving door for those not used to the heat.

Good for hubs, Brit. I know you will make up for it at Christmas. I hope you will post pictures of your steps and railing, they are my favorite part.

Sounds good, thanks, I'll have to look for the Christmas show.

10 months ago
appara2
guru

LOL
On Emergence, I watched ep3 and I'm not even gonna say that I'm close to being caught up!!
So many questions and so few answers, but I'm truly enjoying being along for the ride.

I would really like to know what happened between Joe and Alex? They have a mutual respect and seem to really care about each other. I was kinda sad when she told him that being there was sending the wrong signal to their daughter so you gotta go, but was smiling when she asked him to stay and sit with Piper.

Below the dotted line may be spoilers, heads up Soler!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
;

I think she is more 'human' than 'other'. But, she also was spot on with sensing Grandpa was sick, and now gave the grandpa the 'look' when he said his test results were great. So she can either sense when something is medically wrong (along the lines of health dogs), read minds or ??.
The world dissolving...was that her body telling her that she was in trouble? And, if there is something in her body that is not 'human' would the MRI have set off an actual explosion?? I kind of think there is nothing 'robotic' or the Dr.s would have noticed when they were doing the original checkup when she was found.
I'm starting to like the reporter a bit more, and am hoping they spend a bit of time exploring his backstory. "I get a promotion if I get caught" LOL
And Joe, she is similar to a Vera, smiling and chatting and questioning....and then going in for the kill. LOVE her!!

10 months ago
soler
expert

Brit .. I was waiting for appara2 to appear before I answered. Getting deeper into this series. Yes appara2 there is something unnatural about her . Thinking of the scene where she was beside grandpa as he was counting or placing his pills into a weeks dispenser . He said as a matter of fact that they were making him better . She glared at him and said most emphatically " no there not " She seems to have unnatural powers but is very much a natural little girl. Good point about the MRI . If that test had been completed , what would it have uncovered. Jo and Vera have a lot in common. Another good fit as a cop is Sarah Lancashire in the role of a uniform cop in Happy Valley.

10 months ago

Appara and Soler, the robot thing threw me. I was thinking she was hyper sensitive to people and the things around her, that she had a sixth sense that made her absorb information and feelings, hence her ability to "know" that Grandpa's meds were not helping him and that he was not getting better. The fact that she can make a room shudder and sway when she becomes frightened was difficult to explain by this alone I will admit, that is in a different category, but the thought that she has some degree of artificial intelligence imbedded in her wasn't on my radar. How is that even done??? How is a person part human, part robot and where is the line crossed and the robot part takes over the human element? This is great stuff, I love to be surprised by a new show and this one is pulling it out in spades.

Appara, I too am so curious about Jo's and Alex's relationship. They do care about each other and have a mutual respect. Alex seems to me to want to come back to the family fold and it feels like Jo is the one that does not want this. Something happened... remember when she was speaking to her friend (the Doctor) in the hospital about him, she certainly did not encourage her to let him back in to her life as a partner. Women speak to and support one another, her friend knows the situation, there is a backstory, well, let's be honest there is always a story even when things look fine on the outside.

Good point about the Vera resemblance. Jo does have that Vera way of approaching her suspects in an investigation!

Only one more episode left. I am so hoping we get another season.

10 months ago

Do you all remember the hotel that I have posted about several times, Burgh Island, the one that was the location for Suchet's Evil Under the Sun? Well a FB friend of Deedee's and mine (Dee, were you aware of this) is in the midst of a fabulous weekend getaway there. He is posting photos galore and it is as you would expect, like taking a walk back through time. He and his husband met a few friends there who flew in and they are dressing to the nines and partying heartily! That is the only way I would go, I would be too intimidated without having friends with me, it is a bit much to do all on ones own, but having friends along to dress up with and while away some quiet hours in 1920's style (there is not a whole lot to do on the island) would be great fun. I am relishing their experience as an armchair traveler!

10 months ago
soler
expert

Travel back in time Brit ….. what a great time that would be . Hope it's an extra long weekend to soak up the atmosphere in that beautiful Art - Deco hotel. Yes, with friends is the only way ta go. One last point on Emergence . That couple that showed up at the hospital claiming to be the parents . That was a very strange accident they had ( what was that invisible barrier they hit and why) was it ta keep them from being questioned? .. and then their bodies being dissolved Strange happenings at the impound yard when Jo went ta have a look at their SUV . What was with all the metal objects floating around inside the vehicle. Their bodies were destroyed before morgue staff has a closer look at'm. Their story seems ta be just as bizarre as Pipers. Can't wait for that ta be explained.

10 months ago

ne last point on Emergence . That couple that showed up at the hospital claiming to be the parents . That was a very strange accident they had ( what was that invisible barrier they hit and why) was it ta keep them from being questioned?

You know Soler, when that SUV exploded, it did look like it hit an invisible barrier, in the back of my mind though, I had wondered if Piper had something to do with the accident. Was it an invisible barrier or did she do something to the SUV... wasn't she in it? She came out of that accident unscathed didn't she? At some point there was a question by someone (can't remember who) whether Piper had anything to do with the airplane going down. They left that possibility floating out there. Is there some electric current that she gives off that can make a vehicle combust or plane instruments go haywire? That does not answer what was happening with the metal objects floating around the SUV. Still all a mystery and we have one episode left to get the answers.

10 months ago

I think I may have mentioned this a way back, it popped up again, the first finished episode will be shown at the upcoming Cannes TV festival. I didn't quite take to the older series, I looked at it a few times on the 'Tube, but never got in to it. I am interested in the remake though, given a more modern polish, it could be a good one. I like the "dynamic team" approach, I really enjoy seeing a cracker jack investigatory team at work. Fingers crossed that we have something to look forward to.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/pbs-masterpiece-van-der-valk-series-marc-warren-company-pictures-1203368562/?fbclid=IwAR2u9TSxeIIAdCKld1015SU29lLICvZx393GV7PjTbv5X08LpqSFsiG4E0g

10 months ago
appara2
guru

Thanks for the heads up Brit.
My take on the article is that they only have one episode? And then, only if they generate enough interest it will go to series? Sorry, my blonde is showing :)

10 months ago

Blonde is beautiful!! Appara, from what I gather, ITV has already purchase the series and PBS is co-producing it with Rebecca Eaton on board, so it will be shown on PBS in its' entirety (the three feature length episodes). That is a done deal. France and the Netherlands have also purchased the rights. The TV Festival in Cannes (TV Festival de Cannes) has become an important outlet for companies to show their wares with the hope to sell series to various outlets. All3Media International is bringing the first (finished) episode to air at the festival to entice others to make the purchase as well. They are looking to sell it world wide.

10 months ago
appara2
guru

I've caught up on the first 2 episodes of Press, and am on the fence, I think only 6 episodes?, so I'll follow through to the end. Also, I had a hard time following some of the dialogue so had to use CC.

Death Knock set the stage for the two types of journalists, but I have a feeling that Holly and Ed are going to end up together, somewhere in the middle. Duncan is a complete sleeze, and I think after the way he treated his wife there could/should be some retribution from her! I'll be happy, as long as Holly doesn't let him draw her into switching buildings in her search for justice for Dee. Poor Ed, all night as a polar bear, only to find out that he played right into her hands!! I don't think throwing that whole costume in the washer is going to end well.

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Couldn't agree more, appa ra. They blew a good opportunity with bad writing and bad acting and bad directing. Oh well, I'll always have Unbelievable.

Brit, thank you. The pictures of Burgh Island were amazing.

10 months ago

Weren't they, Deedee! Trip of a lifetime... If I was to plan a group trip for us, we could spend the weekend at Burgh Island (Fri, Sat. & Sunday night), party hearty, and then on Monday move on to Torquay (an hours ride by car or bus) for a few days in Devon, near Agatha Christie's home, Greenway. We could take the steam train from the Paignton Station (which is 2.5 miles away from the Torquay Station) to visit Greenway for the day. How fun would that be! After Torquay, we could round out the final days of our week with a visit to Cornwall, if you would all like.The train can take us three quarters of the way, the last 30 minutes would need to be by car. So not a lot of driving for those that don't do well in the car (including me).

10 months ago

Now, to get back home we will need to take a train from Penzance to London. So, I would suggest a train trip from Torquay to Penzance which is 3 hours and 42 minutes, stay over in Penzance a day to relax and visit and then take the Night Riveria Sleeper train to Paddington Station in London. Nothing fancy, this is not a Belmond train, but given it is a five hour plus trip a night train might be the way to go.

Okay, we are in London and we are eight to nine nights out from our first landing in Burgh Island, should we make it a ten/eleven day trip and stay a day or so in London? There is a good pub, he Victoria, we could go to eat near Paddington, and over night accommodations abound everywhere. Since this trip is already breaking the bank (England is not an inexpensive place to visit) and we are living in fantasy land... how about a few nights at The Milestone Hotel or The Egerton House which are both less than two miles away from Paddington.There is Hotel 41, but by that point in the trip, I think it may be a bit too pretentious. After a few days in London to see the sites (a visit to Whitehaven Mansions anyone?), we take the train from Paddington to Heathrow and back home.

10 months ago

Deedee, I didn't watch the second episode of Press, from your response I am guessing the second episode was not too great. Appara is on the fence and we haven't heard from Soler yet. I didn't push myself to watch again after my reaction to the first episode... sometimes I do, because you need to see more before you cut something off - first impressions can be a bit iffy, things can improve, or get on a roll once you get into it, but I don't think I am going to bother.

10 months ago

I haven't watched the final episode of Emergence as yet. I'll admit it I don't want it to be over so I am holding back. Probably this weekend I will. I so wish there was more, it is so nice to have a show to be excited about and look forward to. This was too short and sweet.

I did watch the most recent episode of The Durell's. It was a painful, I can't imagine anyone thinking that that was going to be a good storyline. Uncomfortable from beginning to end watching everyone deal with a no-win situation, most of all Spiros. I can not blame his wife for her response, she is a beautiful woman and can hold her own. Airing her relationship with Spiros like that was not necessary. This series is going out on a low note I am afraid - pitting one woman against another?? At least it was nice to see Margo have some success and feel good about herself.

10 months ago

Oh, I was reading over my trip notes, I did not make it clear, we would be going from Burgh Island to Torquay, Devon... from Devon to Port Isaac in Cornwall, from there, then ease our way back home by way of the train from Penzance to London over the course of three days or so (a night in Penzance and two in London). Afternoon Tea anyone?

10 months ago
deedee713
guru

Sounds wonderful, Brit. Lead on!

10 months ago
soler
expert

Brit … would you believe , I have not seem Press as of yet. I peged it in my DVR but I have too much on my plate . It gets overwritten before I can view. Have cleaned out my DVR a bit so hopefully I'll catch it this week end . Not that I think it's any thing great as from what I've read but I'm curious now as to what it's all about. If we took that trip i'd be looking for Poirot and gang around every corner at the Berge . Port Isaac would be a good stop in case someone needs a doctor . lol … and about that afternoon tea … would that be Earl Gray by any chance ??

10 months ago
soler
expert

Those gremlins are baaaaaack .

10 months ago

I see! They came and they went! Soler, wish you could have seen those photos, it was like walking in to a Poirot episode.... Just think after that we would be on our way to visit Agatha's home, (the location for Dead Man's Folly) to seep ourselves in all that Christie. The Imperial Hotel in Torquay was featured in three novels, Peril at End House, The Body in the Library and Sleeping Murder. Perched on the cliffside, it has wonderful views across the Bay. Maybe we should stay here, it looks like we would enjoy it. https://www.theimperialtorquay.co.uk/hotel/gallery by any

We would then take a break to visit Doc Martin country, before the pleasures of London and a bit more Poirot with a visit to Whitehaven. Life would not be bad at either The Milestone or The Egerton House. Both have the traditional English feel of Christie's Bertram's Hotel. The Brown Hotel was actually what Bertram's was based on (as you all know), but they have updated and the hotel has been modernized.

There would be boatloads of Earl Grey tea on this trip. We will be drowning in it!!

*Deedee*, it would be a trip of a lifetime! I wouldn't do this trip without you all, half the fun would be experiencing it together. We may not be able to actually go, but just thinking about it and living it a bit in our imaginations is a great escape isn't it!!

10 months ago

I finally finished my Snoop Sisters marathon. Well, it wasn't really a marathon as I could only find three episodes available. There is a forth floating out there somewhere. The third episode was not as good as the first two, but still a charm. I tried to find a Banacek episode, but no luck.

What I did find was the old Mrs.Columbo TV series. I made it through half of one episode. This was not good. I don't remember if I watched it way back when, but it did not stand up to time. It ran for two seasons... and the Snoop Sisters only got four episodes. Go figure, but anything associated with Columbo, even remotely was going to get people's attention. Mrs. Columbo was super woman, she did everything at record speed, up at the crack of dawn, French lessons in the morning, took care of the house and laundry (and her child) was a journalist and amateur detective. Just watching her made me dizzy. And you wonder why there was so much pressure on woman to do it all on their own if this is what people thought was an ideal life. Impossible standards. Give me the ease of technology and achievable goals for a sustainable, happy life. With age comes some wisdom, no one can do it all, nor should they be expected to.

10 months ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.