TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
expert
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

5 years ago
Comments
soler
expert

Off on a little trip were you Brit ? ... Winterthur , the former DuPont Estate . I looked it up .lol What an interesting adventure you had. The Crown Exhibit would be fascinating to see . I wonder , does the Queen ever wear anything twice ? lol Which is you're fav. Royal and which is you're least fav.

7 days ago

Winterthur is about a hour from where I live in New Jersey, Soler. It is in Brandywine Country, a lovely place with rolling hills and lot's of green, yet not far from downtown Wilmington. This was my second visit, I also went on the Downton Costume Exhibit a few years ago. I toured the house and grounds again... I love the house tour... we had only the four of us (the Hubs, my girlfriend and her husband) so we were able to take our time and discuss the decoration and Dupont's journey in building and furnishing the house in detail. This is my thing, I eat it up - I can talk decoration, china, furniture, mirrors, fabric and all the rest until the cows come home. I am not an expert by any means, but I am knowledgeable and our tour guide and I had a little appreciation lovefest going on. It was such an enjoyable afternoon..... I can tell you my least favorite royal without a second thought, I can not stand Philip... done. My favorite is a bit harder, I was a fan of Diana's as many people were and still are. As a young girl I can remember my mother speaking of Margaret quite often, she had a soft spot for her. Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge is a lovely woman in my eyes, she will be every inch a Queen when she takes on the role of Queen consort. My real favorite though is not a royal at all... I am a fan of Catherine's sister Pippa. To this day, I think she was the loveliest bride of them all.

6 days ago

Deedee, I am going to say this here as opposed to the Unforgotten thread... I will be careful how much I say as I do not want to spoil it for Soler who has yet to see it. To me, the Modus finale was far more satisfying and much more impactful than Unforgotten's. I was hoping that it would give us the same intensity as Modus, and in my opinion, it fell short. Yes, there were strong emotional moments in the finale that Modus does not have, but for sheer satisfaction (and I will not go in to detail and give it away) you can not beat the ending of Modus. I have it saved on DVR and I plan to re-watch it again tonight!

6 days ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, I love your enthusiasm for all things Royal!

I agree with you on the ending of Unforgotten. They were obviously going for - well, I'm not sure what they were going for, in hindsight? Audience satisfaction? No. Realism? I'm not sure. Justice? Um, not sure there either. Thinking about it, I think Hayley's long ago boyfriend's diatribe was spot on. Oh, and THAT'S a beard, not Father Christmas'.

On Modus, I would have been a thousand percent happier if something was done that was not done.

Meanwhile, what a vast wasteland it is right now before Endeavour, with his intrusive character mustache much like oh good grief I can't remember his name's hairpiece which came into the room before he did, comes on the air.

6 days ago
soler
expert

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon Brit...…. dong something you really enjoy. My list of dislikes is slightly longer than my likes . Like you I was a fan of Diana and Harry is one of my faves as well. He seems to have more of a connection with people than his older brother. I agree with you on Philip . This guy only opens his mouth to change feet . He has embarrassed more people . caused more ackward moments while on official tours with Elizabeth. PR for Buckingham Palace must be over joyed his official tour duties are over, they had the unpleasant job of making excuses for him for years . Ex …… saying things like ' Well , Philip speaks his mind ' or ' Philip is direct '. while quickly changing the subject . What else could they say. What really riles me is the sense of entitlement that some of them have. Read that Margaret tended to greet everyone as if they were her servant . Princess Michael of Kent ( nickname princess Pushy ) and her husband and that FREE apartment they had in Kensington Palace , the howls that came out of her when they were made to cough up the going rate. Minor relatives of the Queen taking advantage of the British tax payer. The worst of this entitlement lot , IMO is Prince Andrew , also known as ' Air Miles Andy ' because of his love of taking aircraft for the shortest of distances . Got a speaking engagement only 60 miles away … take an Air Force helicopter of course , the bill for thousands of dollars doesn't go to him … hear that British tax payer.

5 days ago
soler
expert

Another Air Miles Andy story ... He's driving on one of the Queen's Estates , not sure which one but these estates are hugh covering many , many miles of mostly woodland . He comes across a gate which is closed and locked by Estate staff with a sign up explaining a detour . Good Prince Andrew annoyed at being held up drives thru the gate , there by destroying it and messing up the front of his Land Rover …… who pays for all this damage ??? safe to say good ol' Air Miles won't be out of pocket. dee , I think we are going to have to wait until June 16 for Endeavour. I'm not a fan of Evans but do welcome the show.

5 days ago

I remember reading recently, right around Princess Eugene's wedding, that Charles was pulling in the purse strings on Andrew and daughters. As you say, Andrew likes to spend the money, but is unwilling to pitch in on official duties and share the responsibilities now that the Queen is getting on in years and has curtailed her activities. Charles and Princess Anne do the lions share of it these days, with Anne spending a great deal of her time at official functions. Andrew had a hissy fit and went running to the Queen complaining, but from what I read, this time it did not work... with Charles much closer to becoming King, she did not take Andrew's side as she has typically done in the past. Andrew may be in for a rude awakening as Charles does not seem to have a problem with clipping Air Miles Andy's wings.

5 days ago

much like oh good grief I can't remember his name's hairpiece which came into the room before he did

Okay Deedee, I'm still thinking of who you are talking about! Did you remember yet?? I said this before, but I am going to say it again, from the little tidbits I picked-up... I don't know what happens exactly as I would not read on and spoil it for myself... this season of Endeavour is going to be a wild ride and Thursday and Bright are dead center in the middle of it. Discussions ahead people... I think we are going to have plenty to talk about.

5 days ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, I thought I found it, but the old pictures of his show don't bear me out. Do you remember me complaining about his wig - Patrick Malahide in Inspector Alleyn.

Oh good, I'm glad Bright is back. I hope Morse shaves that mustache.

I just checked and it sounds interesting. BTW, it's been renewed for a 7th season.

5 days ago

Yes, I do! I am glad his name finally came to you, because I wouldn't have remembered (on my own) in a million years!

4 days ago

Baptiste is back in Series 3 of "The Missing" coming this June on Netflix! Must see viewing! Deedee, are you ready? Soler, I hope it is available on Netflix in Canada. I am excited, he is the best part of the franchise and now he has a spinoff of his own. I included an article from Digital Spy to get us reacquainted. Of course they want you to agree to their cookie policy, everyone does these days and I try to avoid that like the plague, but you may be able to read without doing so.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a819666/the-missing-spinoff-baptiste-series-3-release-date-cast/

4 days ago
deedee713
guru

Oh excellent, thank you Brit. Yes, you can scroll without agreeing to cookies. Gad, I hate those sites that try to jam cookies down our throats.

So that was he, Patrick Malahide? Sheesh, he got better looking as he aged and took off that stupid rug!

4 days ago
soler
expert

Will look for it Brit … ' The Missing ' coming in June on Netflix. Gonna see if I can get lucky and find Series 1 & 2. Agree on this cookie business , hate it.

3 days ago

Soler, if you don't find Series 1 & 2, it will not impact your viewing of S3, as S3 is focusing on Inspector Baptiste, it is a new direction from the previous two seasons, this is a spinoff.... although they are billing it as S3 of "Missing" on Netflix. According to IMDB, the production is Season 1 of "Baptiste". I was hoping TPTB would wake-up and give him Tcheky Karyo his own show and they did.

3 days ago
alastair
expert

Also, Philip mistreated Charles as a boy - giving him an inferiority complex. Well, as they say, the last shall be first!

1 day ago
alastair
expert

Just to clarify, it was emotional abuse, not physical..

1 day ago

Yes Alastair, we saw that portrayed in the miniseries "The Crown", they did not gloss over it to the credit of the series. And, Elizabeth turned a blind eye to it all, as she always did with Philip, because she was more concerned with preserving her marriage than the well being of her own child. I found it a disturbing episode to watch...Philip was loathsome and the Queen lacking in backbone which was her usual MO. From what I have read, Charles never forgave his father for his treatment of him and they have had a strained relationship for most of his life.

1 day ago
alastair
expert

I've always felt sorry for Charles. I'm glad they focused on his early upbringing- still need to watch that excellent series!
I know he received most of the blame for the failed marriage to Diana, but has shown himself of being more than worthy as the next king, IMO..

11 hours ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.