TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
expert
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

5 years ago
Comments
appara2
guru

Emergence!
I think there is something 'built' into her, she can't refuse to communicate with Kindred? I'm still not sure if she has memories, or just files them away so that she can live a 'normal' life? I think she is aware, afterall she did remove that tracker out of her neck in the beginning?
And the blue drink...I was seeing shades of blue throughout the show so I agree, there is going to be something happening with that colour. As for a cure in the drink, I'm not sure how to explain her having access to 'cancer curing' materials, unless it's in her touch?
Love the sister bond Piper still has with Mia. I would also like to know why Jo and Alex divorced?? The chat on the deck continues to show how good they are together.

Is it just me, or does Piper kind of resemble Jo every now and again??

11 days ago
appara2
guru

The Durrells final episode

War is closer than they thought. Pretty well from the time that Theo broke the news to Louisa, and then when he went to ask Gerry to release some of his critters I had a lump in my throat. Even the emotional farewell of Louisa and Spiros seemed right. It was a very satisfying episode all round, good thing we have Margo to lighten the mood.

7 days ago
soler
expert

Found this ep.sad appara2 …. the whole good bye thing with Gerry's animals and Louisa realizing that their time on Corfu was coming to an end . There might be something next week on the Durrells . Thought I caught a glimpse of the title ' What the Durrells did next ' or something like that.

5 days ago

I was a bit underwhelmed with the action surrounding the play, I understood why they chose that to speak to the family's time in Corfu, but it was lacking in some way for me. That being said, yes, Appara it was an emotional and satisfying last episode and quite sad as you say Soler. I found myself tearing up at the end, they (the writers and actors) conveyed in a very touching way the emotional journey each of the characters made on this adventure and I found myself reflecting on how some journeys in our lives are for only a wisp of a time, yet have such a lasting impact. There was so much that they all went through in those four years, a short period when you think of it in terms of absolute time, yet they will carry those people and experiences with them as they have forever been changed by them.

I can see Louisa thinking of Spiros often, playing through her mind what could have been and fighting though the pain of that loss. He will be with her always in her heart. Theo was Gerry's mentor and friend, the person who helped Gerry find his path in life. Theo will also travel with Gerry no matter where he goes. Leslie had several relationships, but one of the closest, without ever asking more of him than he could give, was Lugaretzia. You don't forget the people who love you for just being who you are. Larry became the author he so wanted to be and Margo became a shining star.

I am looking forward to seeing "What the Durrell's Did Next". I looked up the cast and it looks to be quite good.

5 days ago

I have kept up with Stumptown and where the last episode was a bit too connived for me, (I was glad that PI Artie Banks did not return, to me that would have been a misstep for the series) this recent one (E5) was pretty much pitch perfect. Jake Johnson gave a measured and believable performance as Grey, he has a firm grasp on the character and has made him an interesting one - a loving and caring man with an edge and a complicated past that we finally get to see.

The action was stellar in this one, oh my goodness I get a perverse pleasure from watching Dex beat the crap out of the lowlifes that come after her. In this episode, this scum was wailing in to her with no mercy, and I will admit fully it makes me so happy to see her able to take it and give it back with all she has - at one point she grabs a kitchen towel to choke him - it was a strong move on her part - I just about got off the sofa and cheered. It is so nice to see a woman (even in fiction) who can handle her self with strength. She controls her fear, thinks quickly and has the knowledge to fight and protect herself. Kudos to her.

I plan to stick with this series, it can be uneven, but it has enough that interests me to keep me coming back.

5 days ago

That was supposed to be "contrived" for me. Oh, my.

4 days ago
elasaroy

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

4 days ago

For those of you that have Netflix, I have been binging a series that I am just loving - I can't get enough and I am already feeling the loss as I am close to the end of the second season - The Kominsky Method, starring Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas. I hesitate to recommend it because I think it is one of those series that either it speaks to you or it falls completely flat - this is not something I generally would watch myself, not my usual thing by any means. In fact, I passed it over more times than I can remember, but for some reason I decided to watch the trailer which than led me to watching the first episode. I decided to give it another episode, than another … before I knew it, I was obsessed. It is fabulous! Alan Arkin plays Norman, a curmudgeon of spectacular proportions. He takes sourpuss to another level. Though based in Los Angeles, this is New York humor at its' finest. And that is what draws me in. I love it. I am praying that they get the go ahead for another season, because I am going to miss it when I am finished.

3 days ago

I finally, after wanting to see it for so long, got to watch the movie The Dressmaker with Kate Winslet and Judy Davis. This all happened because the hubs needed a refill of a supplement he takes to help to reduce his cholesterol (go figure!) … He decided to order it on his own, he does not have an account and mine (of course) came up … let us just say that he was not able to purchase the product, but I somehow wound up with a months free trial of Amazon Prime. I don't know what he did, but I can guess. That Prime subscription pops up everywhere when you are on that site.

Since I now have it, I decided I might as well use it and The Dressmaker was the first thing I watched. I can use my Chromecast to cast it to the TV so that is a good thing. As happens (often) when you are looking so forward to watching something your expectations are high and you can find yourself disappointed in the end. (That did not happen with the Downton movie though, it exceeded my expectations which was a pleasant surprise).

Both Winslet and Davis gave it everything they had, the effort was made, but I did not care for it. I read reviews afterward and it received many accolades, so this is one that either you got it or it fell flat for you and I was in the later group.

I would like to see more of "DCI Banks", I watched a few episodes a long time ago on The 'Tube, liked it, so I might do that as they are available. There are not too many British series that Prime has direct access to anymore. Most are through Acorn (which I have) or Britbox.

3 days ago

I have been saving the latest episode of Emergence and will probably watch it at some point this weekend.

3 days ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.