TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
expert
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

5 years ago
Comments
appara2
expert

Stumptown could go either way (no pun intended) for me, based on a comic if it gets too unbelievable, I'm out.
Emergence is incorporating the supernatural into their mystery, so I'm in!
Perfect Harmony looks light and fun, no brainwork involved so I'll probably keep it until something better comes along.
I'm waiting for a premiere date on Deputy (Fox) starring Stephen Dorff, I enjoy cop shows and he's a healthy dose of eyecandy :D
and.....Kim Cattral is waiting for a premiere date for her new show Filthy Rich...just dropping this here in case anyone wants to track the progress ......

An oldie (but new for me) has popped up on one of my channels. I've only seen the first episode but I'm liking it. Oh, it's 2014 Partner in Crime starring David Walliams and Jessica Raine as Agatha Christie's married couple Tommy and Tuppence.

12 days ago

Soler was looking for "Partners in Crime", he was interested in giving it a try. Hopefully, he has access to the same channel as you, Appara2.

Stephen Dorff you say... I will definately be checking out "Deputy" when it airs. :)

11 days ago

Soler, if you have access to the Ovation channel, Rowan Atkinson's, Maigret Series will be airing this Saturday night at 7:00 PM. The second episode of S1 will be shown, Maigret in Montmartre. The first episode, Night at the Crossroads has already aired (sorry, I am late to the party!), but is available On Demand so you can catch up. This is a very well done production and I think you will enjoy it.

I am steeped in Maigret these days, I have been watching an episode of Bruno Cremer's French version almost every night. There is a ton of them that just hit MHz and I still have others waiting for me to watch. Glorious stuff! I keep hoping my French will improve from watching, as this series is a very good vehicle from which to learn French. I try, but I am still as tone deaf as ever. I keep hoping that one day I will wake up and fluent French will roll off my tongue. Ha! In another lifetime!

6 days ago
soler
expert

Don't know about Ovation Brit … either don't have it or can't find it . lol I'm in the mood for something like Maigret after a dull summer in the viewing sense. Looked at the fall line up on PBS and am not sure how I feel about it. The Durrell's is what I consider light viewing . Watch it propped up in bed by looking over my lap top . Will try to get back into Poldark but not really excited about it. Show starting in early Oct. called Press has my interest . Curious to see if it will hold my interest , has David Suchet in it so it's worth taking a look . Want French Brit .. go to Quebec .. you'll hear lots of it there. lol …. Would love to see that ' Partners in Crime ' Appara2 is watching . lol If you're listening Appara2 , WHATS THE CHANNEL ?? can ya hear me ?? lol Downton movie coming out in a week or so … makes me hungry for the series.

5 days ago
delillumination

I am steeped in Maigret these days, I have been watching an episode of Bruno Cremer's French version almost every night.

5 days ago
appara2
expert

I can hear ya now Soler!!

I have a channel that comes in from BC, it's called the KnowledgeNetwork. Kind of like a Canuck version of PBS. Not sure if you can get it in the East, or if you might have something similar?

I am quite enjoying the Partners. So...if you do online watching, you might be able to signup using your TV provider (it's knowledge.ca) and check out some of the shows....

I quit Downton a few seasons ago, that's not on my watch list.

I am waiting patiently for more news on World on Fire (believe it will be airing in the UK end of Sept) hoping that it's coming across the pond in the spring!

5 days ago

Soler, it is my understanding that French Canadians are emphatic about their usage of the language... old school only, where a few American words have crept in to the language in France - the French have become a bit more casual in their speaking, where that is frowned upon in Canada. I listen to a Canadian French radio station (the only one available) on Sirius when I am in my car. I keep my ear tuned to the language (although that doesn't mean I understand it any better). I live in a partial French world even here in New Jersey!

Is anyone planning to see the Downton movie? I want to go, I think watching it in the movie theater would be a "full" experience over seeing it the first time in DVD. I am going to wait though, I can imagine the crowds in the beginning... not for me, I'll let it die down a bit. BTW, Soler, my local PBS is airing the series from the beginning, you may want to check it and see if yours is doing the same thing if you want to give it another spin.

I am going to watch "The Durrell's", I got back in to it last season, so I am planning on continuing. We will see if I make it to the end. I gave up on "Poldark" - no longer have any interest.

I am going to give "Press" a try. It makes me think of Peter Bowle's, 80's series "Lytton's Diary" which also gave us (from that era's perspective) a glimpse in to the journalistic world, particularly from the gossip columnist side of things, which in the 80's, often - as we find once again today - involved high crime and misdemeanors.

5 days ago
appara2
expert

'Press' sounds like it might be along the same lines as 'The Newsroom' / Jeff Daniels, which I enjoyed. I will have to keep an eye on my schedule for October shows.

I saw that Mrs. Wilson is on repeat with Masterpiece Classic/PBS

3 days ago
alastair
expert

Yes, Brit, I was planning on seeing Downton, too, in the theater. You cant beat the big screen experience with an audience. I'm also waiting a bit. Opening weekend will be a mad house with devoted fans! Positive reviews so far..

1 day ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.