TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
guru
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

7 years ago
Comments

Don't worry guys, I didn't read too much!

Just finished Halifax... those windows! So right Appara, gold fish in a bowl. Great apartment though. The dueling "mom's", not pretty. The shooter called her on her second phone when she was in the underground garage - at least it looked that way. This guy is good, his technology skills are top notch, she let the cat out of the bag about the other phone, he tracked down the number (or so it seems, if I am right about the phone). She handled that well... face to face with a serial killer, that takes guts.

Commander Tom is having a difficult time, but a least he acknowledges it. He needs to pull himself together and he needs to do it quickly. The actor, Anthony LaPaglia, played an art wheeler dealer, Constantine Clio, from a monied South of France family in the first series of Riviera. The story centers around his death and the impact this has on his American wife (the outsider) and the Clio family. I like him, he always gives his roles a certain edge.

This series gets better and better.

I'll be back!

8 days ago
larrydime
junior

Francisco Franco

7 days ago

We have had a few hiccups in the Brit household over the last several days, so it wasn't until last night that I got to watch Unforgotten.

This show is brilliant, as you say Soler, it's like watching the peeling of an onion - this is my kind of mystery series. What an unlikable group of suspects we have, except for Liz, she seems to be okay. I am not sure if her secret has to do with her involvement in this crime or is she one of Unforgotten's famous red herrings. These stories lead you down a path, then wham, it is not what you think. Yea, she did drop those cups of tea, so there is that to consider, she knows something. I have a feeling that there is something else that her mother is torturing her over.

If I was the caretaker, after the mother said that to me about her daughter, I would be out of there in a heartbeat. There is no way I would stay in such a toxic environment. My thought while watching her exchange with Liz on the phone - she (Mom) is not going to be long for this world, there is only so much a person can take before they snap.

What a horrid person Ram is. Really wretched. Yes, Soler he is big trouble and more is to come from him. Though, I think you may be right Appara about crossing him off the list for this murder. I agree, in another series I also would also be pointing my finger at him, not in this one. You know there is going to be a big twist coming, there always is.

Alastair Mackenzie seems to be capturing the corner on "boyfriend " roles. He was the main character's boyfriend in Borgen as well, but there he was more believable in the role. I don't see any real connection between he and Cassie, I can't see them together as a couple. If you saw him with Sidse Babett Knudsen (Birgitte) in Borgen you would understand what I mean. They fit together like a glove, totally understood the attraction in that relationship... great chemistry on screen. I am sorry, but nada with Nicola.

I realize that Cassie is at her limit, and I feel for her with her situation with her father, but she needs to tread more lightly with the will and the house. As aggravating as it may be, that wife is in a controlling position... yes, Appara, he did wine and dine her and take her on expensive trips - baloney on the "falling in love' nonsense, she saw dollars signs and a nice life before her - not being someone's caretaker. Of course she wants the house (or the proceeds from her share).

5 days ago
soler
guru

Got a question Brit .. is Cassie's father ( Martin ) and his lady ( don't know her name ) married or are they just living together . If they are married she could end up with his entire estate and Cassie and her boy could end up with nothing if he does not make a stipulation for them in his will. This happens all the time between second wives and adult children from first marriage . Seen it twice in my neighbourhood alone . Cassie mentions at the dinner table that he has knows her 18 months .. shortly before suggesting to her son , he take him out for a beer ta see where his head is at. This kind of family trouble can drive ya nuts and there is lots of trouble and stress ahead from this developing investigation . All this piling onto Cassie when her mental wellbeing is already precarious. Wonder if that Dean Barton character is eyes deep to crime already. Keys behind licence plates , envelopes stuffed with cash behind sun visors. Leaving vehicles at pre arranged spots. Looks shifty ta me .

4 days ago

Good question Soler, I am not sure, I was trying to figure that out myself. Remember, Martin asked her to marry him and she accepted. It isn't clear to me if they actually married during the hiatus between seasons or are they just living together. No one mentioned a wedding, honeymoon etc. My guess is that they are living together, but not married.

You are so right, if they do legally marry Cassie and her son would be in a precarious situation regarding Martin's assets (along with insurance, pension proceeds and savings) unless he specifically delineates what goes to each.

This happens all the time between second wives and adult children from first marriage....
This kind of family trouble can drive ya nuts and there is lots of trouble and stress ahead from this developing investigation.

Yes, to all of this. I would not want to be in Cassie's situation.

4 days ago
appara2
guru

I believe that Jenny is the fiancee of Martin, not the wife....for now!!
I think that if he died (of natural or other) causes before he changes his will, Cassie would still be the the one to inherit, along with her sons. I know that Cassie lived with her father, but not sure if the house was her dads (and her moms) home originally?

4 days ago
appara2
guru

I did a quick check on the status of Endeavour and sadly, from an article dated July 2021

"the three new episodes will air on ITV later this year, beginning with a story that sees Oxford Wanderers’ star striker Jack Swift sent a frightening death threat, prompting Morse and his team to closely examine the harsh truths of 1970s professional football. In addition to Evans and Allam, the new episodes will reunite the full Endeavour cast, including Anton Lesser (Game of Thrones) as CS Reginald Bright, Sean Rigby (Gunpowder) as DS Jim Strange, and James Bradshaw (Close to The Enemy) as Dr Max DeBryn."

Sorry ITV, 3 episodes is just not enough!!

4 days ago
theprisoner6
Employee

appara,

Did you see anywhere that said this was definitely the last season of Endeavour?

4 days ago
appara2
guru

NO, altho I've seen a few interviews with Shaun Evans and Russell Lewis talking about the end of Endeavour. I haven't seen anything about another renewal, so I think this may be the end.

"Originally, according to an interview with Endeavour showrunner Russell Lewis, the plan was to end the show in the late 1960s, but Season 8 will be set in 1971. The writer told Digital Spy in 2019: "If there's an appetite to see Endeavour in the early '70s – if the audience are keen, and the network are keen, and the guys want to do it, then yeah, absolutely [we'd do it]."

"Morse actor Shaun Evans has also hinted that he is thinking about bringing his time as the detective to an end. In a Radio Times magazine interview, he said the show was "very close" to its end, later adding: "This is our story and we shouldn't be staying at the party too long."

4 days ago

I think that if he died (of natural or other) causes before he changes his will, Cassie would still be the the one to inherit, along with her sons.

The premise of a few AC's Poirot stories! Someone suddenly dies before they have a chance to change their will. In the Christie stories these individuals have help in their demise, which our Belgium friend sussed out in his own unique way.

Appara, it is going to be interesting to see what is going to happen with Martin regarding this moving forward - it can be quite a tricky situation when a new relationship comes in to the mix as Soler has pointed out.

Wonder if that Dean Barton character is eyes deep to crime already. Keys behind licence plates , envelopes stuffed with cash behind sun visors. Leaving vehicles at pre arranged spots. Looks shifty ta me .

Yes, it does! He certainly seems to know what he is doing, he has been down this road before and there is a network involved - did you see the look between him and that last inspector - they were both in on it. In fact, didn't he say something (to someone) on the phone that he was doing them a favor this last time, but he was done after this and not to contact him again (and then proceeded to pull out the battery and break the phone he was using).

4 days ago
soler
guru

Gonna be looking at Sunny's back pack tonight. Gonna be wondering what's in it. Apparently that back pack has become a bit of fun between Sanjeev and the crew. When he first began using it , they put things in it to give it a filled out look. Then Sanjeev told them not to tell him what they have placed in it so it would be a surprise at the end of a shoot when he would open it up. He has found a pack of hot dogs , roll of paper towels, a teddy bear, whole pineapple , assorted stuffed animals ,a minion , and a skuba mask and other objects . Soooo .. in the ep. tonight , I'll be wondering if that back pack has a pineapple in it. lol

4 days ago
appara2
guru

Not sure if you're caught up on this Halifax episode Brit?
As the countdown reaches zero, a citywide alarm system broadcasts Daniel's message - a manifesto about big data and loss of privacy.

If that momMandy did what I think she did to her daughter, she's even more of a threat than Jane suspects!
Oh yes! Quite a bit happened in this episode!! Can't wait till you're ready to chat! LOL

4 days ago

Okay, I'll be watching soon, Appara!

BTW, just read that Grantchester is coming to PBS on Oct. 3rd with an expanded line-up of eight episodes.

4 days ago
appara2
guru

Now that's GREAT news Brit! Grantchester is one of my faves! And eight episodes!!

3 days ago
appara2
guru

Updated the guide to include
Guilt - 2 episodes back to back starting Sept. 5 (4 episodes)
Grantchester - Season 6 - I already have my calendar marked for Oct. 3
Baptiste - Season 2 starting Oct 17

3 days ago
soler
guru

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive .

Sir Walter Scott 1808.

Thinking about this line when ' the 4 ' were being interview . lol

2 days ago

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive .

So true, Soler. They are all are sweating, you can see it and feel it.

The (series) writers understand balance, at least from my perspective, they give just the right amount of new information in each episode without overwhelming us - this is a show that stays with the slow burn, layering piece upon piece. We are thinking it through with Cassie, Sonny and team as they proceed with the investigation.

We got an answer to our question regarding Martin... the grandson handled the situation well, Martin explained his point of view and his wishes and the grandson was gracious in understanding and accepting. I hope Cassie will do the same, but I am not sure that will happen given her present frame of mind.

2 days ago
appara2
guru

I think I spotted a coffee maker in the backpack :D

Anyone else get the vibe from Cassie that there's still more than a bit of last seasons breakdown just waiting to jump out again? Sonny kind of gives her the look every now and then too - i think he's picked up on something not quite right - or is it just me reading more into it??

2 days ago

No Appara, I am picking up the same thing. I am waiting for it to come to a head again...when she asked the boyfriend, "am I always angry", he gave a true answer (nicely). She is aware she is still on the edge, I don't think she is in a place where she can keep it totally under control by herself. I do think her instincts are still right on, it is how she procceds with them that is going to be the difficultly for her.

2 days ago

Appara, I watched E5 of Halifax last night... a lot did happen, I don't know how to describe it, creepy is not the correct word, but I got an unsettled vibe from this episode where I really enjoyed the last two. Does no one in the police station follow protocol - I swear they all act like the keystone cops. Everyone gives out "inside" information like it's a mega sale at Saks, stuff is flying around everywhere. Idk, I am starting to think the Australian police are not the most professional, or the most sophisticated. A person takes over your airwaves and everyone seems to freeze not knowing what to do???

If they didn't have Jane Halifax to think for them, I don't know if what they would do. :), :)

I am confused, why did the politician's driver drive off and leave her like a sitting duck? I was watching thinking he has to be in on it, he drove away and left her. I must have missed something.

Jane's daughter was drugged, she was hallucinating and by her own mother's hand! Mandy is no good through and through. You have a cop who killed Ben and his ex-wife (who is was having an affair with) obviously involved in drugs... does that Ben was involved or was he ancillary damage to Mandy's criminal dealings???

I haven't mentioned it before, but I do like the music in this series.

1 day ago

Appara, that should have been "whom he was having an affair with" ... and does that "mean" Ben... poor editing on my part!

1 day ago
appara2
guru

Halifax used the theme song from Unforgotten!! It fit the scene, altho I thought it was brave choice on their part!

I think it was the sniper controlling the car, Daniel knew she was crouched down on the far side and just made the car drive away. Good thing Halifax knew the sniper was monitoring her phone and that he would talk to her while firing shots at the occupants of the car. On hindsight, I don't think he was going for the kill, or he would have taken her out with his first bullet? He had full control of the car and could have put her right in the crosshairs!

I too am sure that Mandy drugged her own daughter - the why? I'm at a loss.
There is a dark side to her and I'm pretty sure she is a sociopath? There will be more to come from - or because - of her.
Or is she protecting her daughter from the group she is involved with? Did she know that Ben was a target?

And why is MajorTom being left out of the loop. I thought he was brought in as a boss, yet they are actively keeping information from him. And now they want his resignation? He has done or seen something that the higher ups want to keep hidden!

23 hours ago

Halifax used the theme song from Unforgotten!! It fit the scene, altho I thought it was brave choice on their part!

Yes! I was so surprised, yet I agree, it fit the scene.

Oh, yes Appara, Daniel was in control of the car (slap to forehead), he was the one that drove it away from the politician. I was thinking the same thing - he is starting to realize the sobering reality of his killing spree - if he had wanted her dead, he could have done it with his first bullet.

I find it interesting that we keep hearing Major Tom left the United States (and a great career) to come to Australia to work - in reality, Anthony LaPaglia, who is a well known actor here in the States, is originally from Australia. I never knew that. They have also shown several shots of our ex President in regards to various socially oriented points that they are making. I honestly don't understand why he is coming in to play in this Aussie detective series.

22 hours ago
soler
guru

I think I spotted a coffee maker in the backpack :D

appara My fav. is the pineapple. lol

Notice how the two current cops are using their skills to cover their tracks. Cassie had mentioned to one of her people to get cell phone records in case they try to contact one another . When Ram made a call to ' somebody ' he used a pay phone . When Fiona approached Liz at the bicycle rack to have a talk .. Liz approached her angerly and said Meet tomorrow .. " don't drive ( I think she means so her car plate won't be picked up on CCTV ) pay cash for you're train ticket " . As for Cassie and her father , don't think it's gonna get too messy unless Jennie mistreats him and shows herself only out for cash and property. If Jennie is sincere then Cassie looks bad going after her.

21 hours ago

I was thinking the same thing, Soler - the current cops no better and will do what is necessary to work around typical police methods of detection. When I saw the one woman (she goes to her brother - in - law to spill her guts regarding her past??? I was waiting for the " what's in this for me", I could see it written all over his face). Anyway, when she showed up in public like that I knew the new police commissioner was going to have a fit. That one doesn't seem to have a much of a clue.

20 hours ago

I have to learn these people's names, for some reason they aren't sticking with me. I was speaking of Fiona and Liz!

19 hours ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.