TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
expert
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

6 years ago
Comments
soler
expert

When I do, I stop and copy the bulk of it just in case it won't post for some reason, or the post goes haywire.
Do the same Brit …… every few lines I copy … got tired of loosing stuff.

Well , last night I sat down and thought I'd give Sanditon a try. Wasn't expecting much and what I do with shows like this is I view over the laptop . As the show got rolling along I found myself viewing more show that laptop … found I was enjoying it sooo .. closed the laptop . lol Rather enjoyed the scene with Lady Denham at her little dinner gathering for Miss Lamb … Anne Reid's tounge is sharper that her role as Celia in Last Tango . Enjoyed the scenery ( seaside walking along cliffs reminds me of Poldark. ) What I want to see is someone stand up to the old witch and really rip a strip off her . lol

5 days ago

Anne Reid's tongue is sharper that her role as Celia in Last Tango...

Boy, is it! Tongue like a serpent. These type of roles are made for her. And, she seems to be playing both Celia and Lady Denham with that same "who me... I am not being mean and offensive, I am only speaking the truth." I remember her saying that on several occasions in Last Tango. Yea, she is a real sweetheart. Someone is going to give it back to her, don't know who that is going to be yet. People are lining up.

The landscape is glorious... I looked up the filming locations; Brean Beach in Somerset (near the Victorian town of Clevedon) was used as well as Marine Lake Weston-super Mare and the nearby Village of Uphill.

Marine Lake Weston-super Mare

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marine lake weston super mare&view=detail&mid=408E0DA87993CA08E311408E0DA87993CA08E311&FORM=VIRE

4 days ago
deedee713
guru

appa ra, being silly enough to replace my soulmate dog with a puppy merits me some wacky weed!

I blame my acting in haste so soon after Ricky's death, and the breeder for knowing (she had to) this puppy was nuts and selling him to two old people.

People keep telling me he will be better in a year. *sigh* only six months to go, hopefully.

Brit, I did love the ending of DCI Banks, I wish they hadn't done what they did, but the ending was very touching.

Thanks for the hints, folks!

4 days ago
appara2
guru

ahhh, Puppies! Those big eyes melt a person's heart...even after they have chewed one in a favorite pair of shoes, the handle off your purse and the corner off the throw carpet LOL. Congrats on the adoption!

Soler, I too quite like Lady Denham and I'm curious as to what she has in store for her plotting heirs and the rest of the people of Sanditon! For now, at least, Tom Parker has her support.

I am enjoying the chemistry between Miss. Heywood and the Mr. Sidney Parker. But, I also caught a vibe between her and the construction foreman?
I must have missed how Sidney came to be the guardian of the wealthy Miss. Lambe?

Were the other two Parkers married or brother and sister? At first I thought married, but then when he heard that Lambe had $$ he literally raced across that room to get to her. LOL

Looking forward to the next episode!

4 days ago

Appara, they have not mentioned how the guardianship came about as yet. I am assuming their was a friendship between Miss Lambe's father and Sidney Parker. There is a story there that is yet to be revealed to us. This duty was thrust upon him and he is taking the responsibility in hand, but is not happy about it as we can see.

The other two Parkers are brother and sister. Yes, he did, he made a beeline for Miss Lambe. They all are....a 100,000 thousand pounds is an enormous sum. I am throwing my hat in his ring. A bit foolish and a hypochondriac he may be and he certainly lives for the innocent pleasures of life. Yet, he has a good heart, will always be a fun partner for her and doesn't have the nature to rule over her or take advantage of her.

A woman with her kind of money needs to be extremely careful who she marries as life could become tortuous with the wrong husband, even with all her advantages. Her best bet is to remain single and power her own ship. It will be interesting to see if she will be able to do this.

I like the contruction foreman! My preference to Sidney, but this is Austen so we will find that there is more to Sidney than we now see displayed.

4 days ago

He will, Deedee. When I first got Miss B. and she was quite young, she was a handful. I am a older Mom too, trying to keep up with all her shenanigans took a lot of energy. I often thought "what did I get myself in to, people my age don't have a baby rabbit running around"!

I had just redone my bedroom linens and curtains, went all out and everything was lovely. There is now not an item that has not been chewed or destroyed. She was a terror. Still, I have to be careful with my ear plugs and tablet cords, because in one quick move she bites right through them!

As she has gotten older this has mostly stopped, she knows the boundaries and I make sure to have rabbit approved things for her to chew on. (And, she can chew on anything she likes in her own room, which are put there for that purpose). I am slowly replacing items with more confidence that they won't look like swiss cheese. And, I can take her downstairs and set up a space for her in the family-room to play and she doesn't chew on anything she shouldn't. They do calm down after the first year or so.

She is my love bug and I wouldn't have things any other way. She has become very affectionate (on her terms). She is always the boss, no matter how much I say I am! Every night I tell her good night, and that she is going to have blueberries for breakfast (she loves her blueberries) - she intently listens to all this, and then she puts her head down so I can kiss her goodnight... she allows three or four (and a hug) as one is never enough for Mom. I am always stealing kisses anytime I can get them.

This is a rabbit we are speaking of. Remarkable the things animals can and will do when they know they are loved.

4 days ago
deedee713
guru

Perfectly beautiful, Brit. Love the kisses on the head.

3 days ago
appara2
guru

Amazing, the least likely candidate can make the perfect furry companion! My Kyra is like petting a wire brush, she has the terrier rough coat. On the upside, after she goes for a swim she dries in minutes-flat, on the downside she has no undercoat and in this -35c weather she can't stay outside for long before she is lifting her feet out of the snow 'cause they are getting too cold!
My niece, a few years ago had a pet lop-eared rabbit. So cute, but she didn't much care for strangers but also loved wires, sounds much similar to yours in that aspect Brit?

2 days ago

Yes, rabbits love to chew and no wire is safe around them. Miss B. recently chewed through one of my lamp cords, it is part of a pair, they were long past their prime, I was planning on replacing them, so I took it calmly... it was my fault anyway, you can not blame a rabbit for being a rabbit! I keep cords and wires out of her reach, rooms must be bunny proofed, this one had fallen in her path and I did not realize it. Thank goodness it was not plugged in. I am going to put cord covers over the new ones when I get them.

They are prey animals, so it takes much effort to socialize them. I see her fight her own nature all the time as she loves to be snuggled and hugged, she puts her little head in my neck and will stay there with Mom talking to her and petting her and she likes to look at herself in the mirror, so I do carry her around with me and let her do that. It just has to be on her terms, when she feels like being hugged she will stay still and let me pick her up. If she doesn't, she will jet off (and give me that look of " your not going to get me mom" . If have to respect that, so I ask her if she wants to come with me and if she doesn't feel like it, that is okay. She is the boss.

I do spend a lot of time with her on her level. It is frightening to always have someone looming over you. She lets me lay very close to her, she likes me to keep her company when she eats (she sees this as her socialization time and will always eat more if I am with her). She will rub her head against mine, give me little kiss licks on my neck, groom my hair with her paw - she is quite affectionate.

On the other hand, if I put my hand or face directly in front of her (you need to approach a rabbit from the side view first) she will lunge at me and give me a warning swat or bite. She is not trying to hurt me, she is just protecting herself. People forget that because they are so cute and adorable... they are prey animals first, even if they love you, their instinct is for self preservation first.

2 days ago

Soler, I watched a documentary on Princess Diana on Netflix last night. This was done in an interview format, she anwered questions and talks about her feelings and perspective as she took on royal life. It was quite enlightening as she sensed her own doom in regard to her life as a royal member and wife to Charles very early on. She went ahead with it and explains how difficult it was to cope. It was eye opening, particularly with the recent headlines.

She was only ninteen when she was thrust in to such a public role and she had little support from anyone in coping with her high profile life. On top of that, with her youth and temperment, she needed to be nutured and Charles and company have little understanding of that. You know what they say about karma... well, I think it is now rearing its' head (a polite way to say it).

2 days ago
deedee713
guru

Oh Brit, again you're making me teary. It's amazing how animals (especially those used to being dinner) ever trust us. I love hearing about her riding on your shoulder. No wonder she still has the self preservation instinct, didn't you find her outside? There's no knowing what she endured!

I haven't yet weighed in on the Royal Entitled, but I am delighted in their bad press. Unfortunately, they will never 'get' it and will continue in their imperious ways. I feel badly for those who blindly follow them in the UK, as I feel for those who blindly follow another someone here. I am convinced the queen had Diana exterminated. At any rate, it looks like Meghan and Harry played chicken with her, and are working it out to their mutual satisfaction. Meghan ain't no dope, is Meghan.

Diana, on the other hand, was a deer in the headlights. She was lunch for Charles (mum wanted him married and with issue before the inevitable Camilla got her claws on him) and she didn't care who served as his slave. When she finally came into her own, beautifully, and dared to live her own life with her 'friend', it was off with her head. Such a shame.

That favored issue photo was typically vicious.

21 hours ago
appara2
guru

I was setting up my PVR for Sunday and I noticed another 'new' show airing after Sanditon, Vienna Blood. No reviews and only 1 vote on this site.
Did any of you catch it the first time round, and if so, what did you think? Only 3 episodes listed, so it's a short run.

15 hours ago

You have to see her Deedee, riding up there on my shoulder, little head looking out at the world, completely secure in knowing she is safe because Mom is holding her close. I am always cognizant of how fast her heart is beating as it is a good indication if she is fearful... heart calmly beats as she gets a little spice in her life seeing things from above. She is my fiesty ball of love.

Yes, I found her outside in the dead of winter - she was tossed out, only about three to four months old. I have no idea how long she was out there before I found her. It took me six weeks to get her to the point where she bonded with me enough to get her inside. During that time I took care of her outside. Fed her, made a home for her and tore anyones' head off if they went near her. Everyone in the neighborhood knew about her and kept a wide berth from her home area. A major storm was coming up and I knew she wouldn't make it through so somehow I had to pick her up and get her in. Thank God, I did. That was almost four years ago!

14 hours ago

Yes, Diana was the sacrificial lamb. She was much to young to handle the situation, and did not have the temperment for it as a young woman. She was self destructive, using this as a way to get Charles' love and attention. She explains this in her own words, it is very compelling. She spent much of her early years with Charles in tears. She was in love with him in a heady, youthful way, always with the hope that he would stop his romance with Camilla. That was never to be.

Once she realized that he was never going to care about her, particularly after she had her children and his duty was done, she rose like a phoenix. She came in to her own and took on life on her terms. She did much good for so many causes. I was up the night the she died and heard it first broadcast. My Gran had died two days before, so I wasn't sleeping well, I was up all hours. And, Mother Theresa died a few days after Diana. Heaven received three bright lights that week.

14 hours ago

I read an interesting article regarding the Harry and Megan diabolical (in Britian the informal use of this word is "disgracefully bad, or unpleasant"). My first opinion was that the Queen was pretty much boxed in and had little option but to give in to Harry's request to step down from senior duties. He had cornered her. Although, it was apparent that this did not mean totally stepping away from the royal lifestyle. That they had no intention of giving up. Hence, all the preplanned royal trademarking. No Deedee, Megan is no fool.

What this article suggested, and upon thinking about it I have come to see (agree with)... the Queen actually wanted H & M to step down, that this was not a knife to her heart as it is being portrayed. It is an outcome that the Queen felt was enviable. Of course, she wanted to be in full control of the situation, and Harry got there first (at least out in public), but in the larger sense this was what she, Charles and William saw as a neccesary step. Harry says he and Megan felt like they were bring pushed out and to some extent I think they were.

There was just too much drama constantly flowing around the pair, and that was not going to stop. I read somewhere that the reality that she was nothing more than a glorified civil servant did not sit well with Megan. This was not what she signed up for. She was making it clear she was hitting ground with her boots on, she was going to make her mark and keep the attention on her and Harry. Unfortunately, she was in a world that she did not understand, this was not going to work and the pushback came from both the royals and the people.

The media coverage was vicious and unrelenting, that is true. Harry's hatred of it is well documented. Had Megan become their darling, things would have remained as they were and he would have been happy to let her bask in it. Maybe if they had given it more time, things would have changed, we will never know.

13 hours ago

I finished "Ordeal by Innocence" last night. Suspenseful and gripping it was, but in no way was this a Christie story. Other than the title and character names there wasn't anything remotely similar to Christie's work. Under another title, the production would stand up well, it was not an adaption though and should not be considered one. To me it is akin to stealing someone elses work because you can't come up with an original premise of your own.

Given that, it kept me interested and looking for the murderer. Once I realized the real relationship between the housekeepper and Jack, it fell in to place for me. Up untill then, I had no idea. The ending was interesting and unexpected. There was no indication whether the children had any knowledge, or were part of, the final solution. You are left to your own thoughts.

13 hours ago

Appara, "Vienna Blood" is a new one for me. Didn't hear of it until you mentioned it. I read some of the reviews on IMDB, which are quite good. I am not a fan of historic detective mysteries so I am not sure if I will watch. I'll DVR the first episode and probably give it a go.

13 hours ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.