expert
Midsomer Murders

MM Set # 23 will be released on February 4, 2014. on Amazon

7 years ago
Comments
tash845
guru

@soler

Have you read any of the Midsomer Murder books by Caroline Graham?

7 years ago
soler
expert

Hi tash I've read a few of the books but have all the DVD's , love Midsomer for the countryside scenery and villages .

7 years ago
soler
expert

tash Were all newbies here but notice you are a ' guru ' been here long?

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

she's been here a very long time

7 years ago
soler
expert

Hi romeo you guys have a nice site here.

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

if you like talking tv you've come to the wright place

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

if you like midsomer murders

you may like father brown

7 years ago
soler
expert

Remember Father Brown from the 70's , believe they 're done a remake in the last year or so. Liked Kenneth Moore , don't know who the new guy is .

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

romeo, we LOVE talking tv. Some of us, okay me, can't even keep our tv talking to under 1500 characters! :O)

But seriously, it's SO nice to have a new site ensconced in my head to which I can think of coming after I've just seen a show or movie I've liked (or didn't) so much that I can't keep it to myself.

7 years ago
tash845
guru

As Romeo said, yes I've been here for some time (2008) and so has he.

@deedee - we also love talking tv, movies and are happy to have you here. :-)

7 years ago
donny24
expert

This is one of my favorite British detective shows! I have watched almost all of them! I still watch past episodes. I have to watch the first episode of this new season but with so many shows to watch and record sometimes all shows are backlogged. Nice thread.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Thanks, tash! It was so sad when we were in limbo - I really do think of sharing immediately after I've seen a show or movie that blows me away, or in the case of the last episode of The Cafe, leaves me with mouth agape.

7 years ago
soler
expert

Donny
This is one of my favorite British detective shows! I have watched almost all of them! I still watch past episodes. I have to watch the first episode of this new season but with so many shows to watch and record sometimes all shows are backlogged. Nice thread.
Donny .... Have all 89 eps. released ( from Amazon ) and watch 1 per weekend.

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

you can always come and chat in Un-Related Chat Room

7 years ago
soler
expert

romeo just took a walk over there , I had heard about Tash's Kitchen

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

drop in anytime

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Wow, looks great, romeo. Now if I can only find my way back...........

7 years ago
soler
expert

I can never find my way back. I just quit out and click on my desktop icon which is the Masterpiece Page.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Ah, so it's not just me. I just bookmarked the chat separately so I can find it. Looks like a good ole time!

7 years ago

Yes it does! I checked out Tash's Kitchen, since I like to cook!

Okay, to make it easie rto get back, go to the top of the page there is a drop down menu you can click on. Click on it and select TV Talk it will bring you back to the TV Talk forum and you can then select the thread you want. Remember, you do have a back button at the top left hand side of your computer it can be very handy to get back to where you started!

7 years ago

I am sorry, I meant "TV Show Chat". I just used the "back" arrow to get here from jhere.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, 'top of the page' where? On the top of my page, I see:

Home[/li]TV Shows[/li]Schedule[/li]Community[/li]Updates[/li][/ul] and if I click on them, I am directed to them.

The chat board IS lots of fun, thanks romeo.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Oh dear that didn't work. Trying again........

Brit, 'top of the page' where? On the top of my page, I see:

Home Shows Schedule Community Updates
and if I click on them, I am directed to them.

The chat board IS lots of fun, thanks romeo.

7 years ago
sheerwater
regular

deedee713:

1. Click on 'Community' at the top of the page

2. Under 'Active discussions' there's a link [all threads], click on this. This takes you to a page with a list of all active topics and a drop down menu that you can use to navigate around the site.

7 years ago
soler
expert

sheerwater WELCOME thought that was you I saw a while back , even mentioned it to Brit , kept lookin' for ya glad to see ya you and jh1 have landed and MC has been in touch so hope she joins us as well.

7 years ago
tash845
guru

Must have a proper welcome for our new friends. We always celebrate over in my kitchen. So ... what kind of cake? And hope you like Asti Spumante.

7 years ago

Sheerwater, you found us! Welcome! Soler said he spotted you, but I looked and couldn't find you.

See Soler, the breadcrumbs worked!

Deedee, I was trying to explain how to get from the Chat Room back to here without clicking out and having to come back to the site through your bookmark. The drop down is on the Chat Room page. Look at the top of the page when you are there, on the page itself, below the green border.

What Sheerwater is explaining (in the green border) is on the top of every page so you can navigate yourself to the forums or other areas of the site. Selecting Community (as said) gets you to the forum discussions.

7 years ago

Tash, cake! I'm there! Thank you for thinking of us.

German Chocolate would be nice or a rich carrot cake with raisins and walnuts and cream cheese frosting!

I will gladly raise a glass of Asti to all my old and my new friends here at ShareTV!

7 years ago
soler
expert

cake CAKE did someone mention cake ??????

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

I see it now, Brit, thanks. Thanks, sheer.

Excellent idea, tash. I like Tres Leche cake and Prosecoo, my new favorite bubbly.

And yes, soler, here's to all our new friends and our new friends who are settling in.

7 years ago
carlapbs
guru

Yummy, cake (gotta have chocolate in it) and Asti Spumante. I'll bring the coffee.

Sheerwater, I'm glad you're here. Your information is always appreciated.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Of course that should be Prosecco, not -coo. You'd think I had gotten my hands on a bottle already!

:O)

7 years ago
pghfan
junior

Pghfan is in the house. A name know by the former A&E'ers. Big fan of Midsomer and have all the DVDs, with repeated watchings.

7 years ago
soler
expert

WELCOME pghfan you are now in the house . Good spot here , nice group of people.

7 years ago

Pgh, welcome! So glad you came over. You will like it here, as Soler says, nice group of people.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

Glad you found the breadcrumbs, pghfan.......yes, this is a nice place.

7 years ago
pghfan
junior

Soler: You mentioned Father Brown a few days ago. There is a new series, but the DVDs are not available in the US. (I think they are in the Australian format, of all things. Look at Ebay to see.)

7 years ago
soler
expert

thanks for the info. pgh

7 years ago
carlapbs
guru

I saw the new Father Brown series one on my PBS and am mixed on how I feel about it. As I said on the A&E board, it reminds me of how they updated Miss Marple. I'm enjoying it for what it is, especially the setting, but it's not how I think of Father Brown.

7 years ago
deedee713
guru

What do all y'all (I always wanted to use that) think of Sgt. Scott, new AA (what are those assistant coppers to the head coppers called in these shows, btw?) to DI Barnaby? Our PBS is showing the brand new season from............wait for it................2003! What season is that? IX? :O) Do kiddies still learn Roman numerals?

Any road (thank you, Fat Andy before you were cleaned up and heaven forbid PBS, don't show any D&Ps beyond when Fat Andy was shot, come to think of it, it was probably shown on the former Arts & Entertainment channel now the Mindless & Witless channel), he's no Sir?, Sir?, Sir?, Sir?, and Sir? guy. And I guess he's supposed to be pretty and charming? And they're not seriously setting him up as a love interest for Barnaby's daughter, are they? Judas Priest.

Still and all, I miss Troy.

I can get a lot of kvetching into one post, can't I? :O)

7 years ago
soler
expert

dee ' new ' season 2003 , I think is Set 5 or so , I guess ya could say it's better than nothing , that's lookin' on the bright side of it. Scott turns up and looked for a while he was Cully's new guy. LOL but not really , by the time Jones shows up there was nothing suggested between him and Cully. Guess the writers were told that Barnaby's assistant Sargents were not to be lined up for Cully to try on. But with Scott showing up it did look that way at first. GOOD ....stick to the murders and leave the soap for the afternoon. Set 23 has just been released so I will be ordering that .

7 years ago

I am not a fan of Scott, I never quite took to him. I did see that NJTV has finally moved on with the series. I stopped watching Saturday nights because it was continuous repeats, but now I will be stopping in again. I do not own any of the Scott episodes, most I have only seen once - they are not fresh in my mind, so it will be interesting to re-visit and see if I feel differently now than I did then.
It does happen, as I have been re-watching the later Sgt. Jones years (he is my favorite) I have found that some of the episodes I thought were only so-so I rated much higher the second time around. Taking in account all the changes in the series and the downhill slide in storylines at the end of John Nettles tenure, the earlier episodes sparkle in comparison. Sometimes, it is all in one's perspective, I took much for granted back in the day when the series was in its' prime. Now, to me, it is another show. I have seen clips of the latest episodes and I do not recognize Midsomer. But, again, that is just me, many are enjoying the new direction the show has taken.

7 years ago
carlapbs
guru

I like all of Barnaby's sidekicks, including Scott. I'm glad they went with a different type of character in Scott and didn't try to clone Troy. Scott is more of a slick character, and I like how he always sweet talked the ladies, even Mrs. Barnaby. Scott was in my all-time favorite Midsomer episode, Ghosts of Christmas Past. I still watch it every Christmas. I like seeing Bruce Alexander, Supt. Mullett from A Touch of Frost, in a different type of role.

7 years ago
donny24
expert

I also like all of the detectives after Sgt. Troy-they do a good job. NJTV tend to do reruns of the series. In order for me to watch in order of seasons and episodes-I purchased an account in Acorn TV-they have all of the episodes of this show and others that I like-Inspector Whately, DCI Banks.
PBS also presents past British shows-when they need funds to present the shows, they stop the programming and then resume but most of the times is a repeat. I started watching Father Brown -hope they present the whole episodes.

7 years ago

Watched The Fisher King with Sgt. Scott last night. Great line-up of guests in this episode.Very happy NJTV is now running both parts back to back rather than having to wait until next week for the end of the story. It was good, except I kept getting confused about who killed who, they were throwing so many names out that I was getting lost. There were so many unknown siblings in this story it was enough to make one's head spin! In the end, I did get it all straight.
I forgot how handsome Sgt. Scott is... I am starting to warm up to him, I definitely need to give him another chance.

7 years ago
pghfan
junior

I just received the most recent batch of what was released here in the US, set 23, I think it was, with only three episodes. I haven't watched any of them yet. Would any of you be up for a discussion of one of them?

7 years ago
soler
expert

I'm up for that pgh ordered mine over weekend , don't know when it will arrive . Feel kinda cheated , though , only 3 eps. after ya wait so long for these things to be released.

7 years ago
pghfan
junior

I think that Death and Divas is the first of the three, going chronologically. Anyone up for a discussion of that? I thought we might start late next week, to give people time to find the episode (if they don't already have it.)

7 years ago
pghfan
junior

I think that Death and Divas is the first of the three, going chronologically. Anyone up for a discussion of that? I thought we might start late next week, to give people time to find the episode (if they don't already have it.)

7 years ago
mysterychick

Hey, pghfan, finding my way around once again. lol Sorry to interrupt but I didn't know where to post this to get PI's attention. Is Snoops here? Want to do that discussion? I see there's a MOTOE thread already. How about Sittaford? Do you have the movie/book? Or we could just pick a cozy title totally unrelated to Christie. Or stay at CS. What to do? What to do?

7 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.