¬ NOTICE: After 15 years, ShareTV is closing down but not before we give you your data. Learn more here.

TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Lights Out
blank27
pro
Lights Out

New FX series about boxing... and well, probably lots of other things too. From the previews I think it looks quite interesting, and as FX has very failed to do anything wrong (especially in the first 3-4 seasons of a show) I have high hopes for this.

11 years ago
Comments
thor

Show Premiers on January 11th

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16meMgXM8Vo

11 years ago
blank27
pro

Hot damn this show is awesome. Not sure how many seasons worth of material they can make out of it, but 2 at least.

One of the top 3 shows currently airing new episodes in my opinion.

11 years ago
blank27
pro

Latest episode was A

11 years ago
thor

@Blank

Can you describe the show for those who have not seen it yet?

11 years ago
blank27
pro

Thor, sure sorry should have done that in the first place.

It follows the story of a former champion boxer 5 years retired at the request of his wife so he can spend time with the family, not risk his life etc. After going through his money faster than thought possible he is forced to begin fighting again to pay debts, provide for his family, etc. Theres side stories involving mobs, underground fights, family drama, shady promoters etc, but the basis of the story is on his return to the arena and training for his championship fight.

Highly recommend it for something completely different

11 years ago
thor

Thanks, sounds good. I might give it a go.

11 years ago
thor

Bad news, FX has cancelled the show.

11 years ago
blank27
pro

Very bad news, but I havent read if they will finish out the season or not yet. I really couldnt imagine how fresh the writers could have kept it after a couple seasons anyways, but if they are able to finish this one off in a good way that sums up the story instead of just cutting and running, then I dont mind the cancelling. Wasnt really surprised, FX has picked up a bunch of new shows on top of its current winning line up, somethings gotta give I guess.

11 years ago
naplam
guru

Such a shame this show only lasted a season, It never had many seasons worth of storyline but one more would have been great

10 years ago
blank27
pro

Totally agree Napalm. No reason this show should have ended. Given another season to build up some more word of mouth hype and I thnk it could have been as bug as whatever we may consider the best this year

10 years ago
naplam
guru

There were a lot of business dealing angles between all parties which could have been explored and obviously explaining the vagueness he had after the fight which could have been a simple concussion to mental illness.

Just needed more people to know about it really, it could have done close to Sons of Anarchy really if they hit that market

10 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.