TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Spartacus: Vengeance
thor
Spartacus: Vengeance

Spartacus: Vengeance, is the follow up to Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It will begin filming in November. Star Andy Whitfield will return as Spartacus following successful treatment for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

11 years ago
Comments
newlinux
guru

This show grew on me and I am curious as to how the second season will go...

11 years ago
shade169
guru

well, you do know the story, right?

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

@shade

-yes, but I don't know how they will portray it, what they will focus on, and what they will take liberties with, as with any show based on books, movies, stories, real life, historical accounts, etc...

11 years ago
shade169
guru

it is a new approach on the old story
we should be able to fortell how it will go on

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

It's the "approach" for the second season that I am curious about.

11 years ago
shade169
guru

why would there be a new "approach" if the show is doing so well?

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

As I wrote above, by approach I mean I'm interested in what liberties they take with the story, what parts of the story they will focus on etc.

First, the story is different than the first season, so what liberties they take and what they focus on can't be the same.

Second, just because a show is going well doesn't mean things won't or shouldn't change.

Third, Regardless of whether you think they should stay the same the fact of the matter is we don't know what they are going to do, and I am interested in what they decide to do, and not assuming everything will be exactly as it was in season 1 (which isn't realistic anyway based on the fact the story is different, and it's the story that is the key ingredient of the show).

11 years ago
shade169
guru

you are taking this personal

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

I am not and you have no way of knowing that unless you know me. I rarely take anything personally from people I don't know. I am simply trying to explain myself, and am not sure that you are understanding.

11 years ago
quark
guru

@shade169

Please keep such comments to messages if you really feel the need.

Your previou question 'begged' the response it got and thus it could not be personal.

11 years ago
shade169
guru

i can see that
hope i am not bugging you

it's verry simple
it's an old storry. in this show it's full of violence, sex and decadence.

11 years ago
thor

Special Announcement: September 18 2010: Andy Whitfield not returning to Spartacus season 2

Below is the statement sent by his publicist:

Andy Whitfield, star of Starz's "Spartacus: Blood and Sand," has been advised by his doctors to immediately resume aggressive treatment for a recurrence of cancer, as a result of which he will not be returning for the series' second season, which was tentatively set to air in September 2011.

"It's with a deep sense of disappointment that I must step aside from such an exceptional project as Spartacus‚ and all the wonderful people involved. It seems that it is time for myself and my family to embark on another extraordinary journey. Thank you sincerely for the support so far," said Whitfield.

"Our hearts and prayers are with Andy and his family during this difficult time," said Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht. "Andy is not only an incredible actor whose portrayal of Spartacus made an indelible impression on Starz audiences, he is also an amazing human being whose courage, strength, and grace in the face of adversity have inspired all of us."

No decisions have yet been made about the future of the series. "Right now, we just want to extend our concern and support to Andy and his family," said Carmi Zlotnik, Managing Director, Starz Media. "We will address our programming plans at some later date."

Starz still plans to air the prequel to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" in January 2011.

11 years ago
shade169
guru

so will there be another spartacus?

11 years ago
thor

@Shade

I believe the statement above answers you question.

11 years ago
shade169
guru

i am sorry, it escapes me
will there be another actor? will it be some more spartacus without spartacus?
english is a foreign language to me.

11 years ago
thor

Starz don't know what they are going to do.

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

Very unfortunate...

11 years ago
thor

Starz have announced that they plan to go ahead with Spartacus season 2. A new actor will take on the role of Spartacus. Starz say they are nearing the end of casting for the role.

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

Thanks for the update Thor.

11 years ago
thor

Australian actor Liam McIntyre officially became Spartacus today in an announcement by Starz that ends months of searching for the right actor.

McIntyre will take over the role of Spartacus from Andy Whitfield beginning with season two.

McIntyre's resume includes a role in HBO's 'The Pacific' and more recently the indie film Frozen Moments which has yet to be released. In Australia he's known for appearing on the television series 'Rush' and 'Neighbours.'

Spartacus: Season Two will begin production this spring for an anticipated January, 2012 premiere. Source: thehdroom.com

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

sorry i'm australian and ive never heard of him

11 years ago
vyp3r

I remember him from Rush, but he hasn't done much. He has been on Neighbours, as has every young Aussie actors, I believe. And getting on The Pacific was not that hard, as they needed so many people for the production. A model friend of mine got a fair bit of screen time as a shipboard nurse on one of the episodes.

So not that much at all. And according to IMDb he has done a few short films.

But who are we to judge him, as we haven't interviewed nor auditioned him in the role, as Starz would most certainly have done.

I think the producers wanted to keep the same mold as Andy Whitfield. ie. Keep the main role as Australian, same build, presence, mannerisms and (hopefully) some acting skills.

And hey, they chose Andy in the first place, maybe they will do just as well this time.

11 years ago
mikizza
pro

Having watched the first episode of the prequel its obvious that with or without Andy Whitfield the series will continue no matter what.It's too successful not to though why the replacement actor has to be Australian is beyond me as the two other main characters are Scottish and Kiwi!! The writing ,special effects and the combination of sex and violence will keep the series popular for a long time to come no matter which nationality the lead actor is.

11 years ago
thor

Heres the trailer for season 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GObQ_VCGu6w

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

I cannot wait!!!!!

10 years ago
jaaa

After the glorious escape from the House of Batiatus, the gladiator rebellion continues in Spartacus: Vengeance (second season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand).

With Liam McIntyre as new Spartacus, premiere is set for Friday Jan. 20th, 2012 10/9c on Starz.

Full news:
http://sharetv.org/shows/spartacus_vengeance/updates/1093

Official trailer:
http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus#/missed-an-episode-watch-now-on-st
arz-on-demand

10 years ago
thor

So what does everyone think of McIntyre as Spartacus in the trailer?

10 years ago
jaaa

He is good. I hope season 2 will be as great as previous one.

10 years ago
jessy01

One of the best shows I have ever seen!!! The effects are simply amazing!

10 years ago
jaaa

New trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSp0Q8uabTk

Old trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7CmLksujSA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAh6cbXz-sE&feature=relmfu

10 years ago
doronsky
guru

cant wait for this
i agree with jessy01 effects are outstanding and the use of visual colour great .

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yep, hope it lives up to its predecessors

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

there's a web rip out to download

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

good to see things don't change plenty of blood guts and sex great episode

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yeah - they kept the formula - and it should be intriguing going forward. A special preview aired on DirecTV in full HD so I would guess there are full HD files of it out there...

10 years ago
hush320
guru

It really is amazing to hear Spartacus is coming back. Is this going to be the continuation from the 1st season? Well cant wait for it anymore.

10 years ago
respatix
pro

Not sure if I like the new Spartacus actor as much. He seems kind of small and not very muscular. Still have to decide if he is as good of an actor.

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

@hush320 - yes it is a continuation from the Blood and Sand.
@repatix - I agree, it would be hard to replace the original, but the Spartacus does seem a bit on the thin side...

10 years ago
thor

The new Spartacus does not have the body of a gladiator and in my opinion looks too young. He has too much of a pretty boy look. I hope he grows on me but at the moment I don't think he will.

10 years ago
thor

Holy Crap!! That was awsome!!!! 5/5 the best episode of Spartacus yet. Can't wait till next week.

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yep., and that episode leads to a lot of intrigue going forward!

10 years ago
thor

Just watched the finale, it was freakin awsome!!

10 years ago
doronsky
guru

i love everything about this series
it stands out from everything else
bring on more . there's plenty of storie to still tell
the last episode was outstanding Wrath.Of.The.Gods

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yes, it was a good ending. Looking forward to the next season

10 years ago
respatix
pro

Spoiler... Spoiler...kind of
I guess they end each season with killing off some of the main characters. If Im not mistaken this finale they killed off 3 main characters that were in all 3 seasons and and a few that were only in 1 or 2 seasons. Wow the grimey character I love to hate, I love how and who killed him. The ending for the Roman ladies was quite an unexpected twist.

10 years ago
hush320
guru

Will there be any other sequel of the spartacus series or will this be the last of what we are gona see of Spartacus??

10 years ago
thor

The show was renewed for a third season. Spratacus: War of the Dammmed will air early 2013 and will be the final season.

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

And I can't wait!

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

sounds good

10 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.