TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » The Cape
thor
The Cape

New show expected to air midseason 2010-2011

Description

The series, set in the fictional metropolis of Palm City, follows a innocent cop who has been framed for a crime he did not commit and then left for dead after he is caught. He is eventually saved by a circus ringleader who prepares him with special abilities to defend himself against his foes. Separated from his wife and son, he tries to clear his name while protecting them from being killed if he was ever reported alive. He takes the law into his own hands by taking the guise of his son's favorite comic book hero, The Cape, after he is given a special suit that has unique capabilities. Vowing to get rid of the corruption that has taken over both the city and the police force, he goes after the person responsible for setting him up and causing his "demise."

Cast

David Lyons as The Cape, the alias of Vince Faraday

Jennifer Ferrin as Dana Faraday, Vince's wife, who believes her husband has died.

Ryan Wynott as Trip Faraday, Vince's son, who idolizes The Cape and who Vince hopes will give him the belief that there are good people out there.

James Frain as Chess, the alter ego of billionaire Peter Fleming, and The Cape's nemesis. He was responsible for framing Vince for the murders.

Keith David as Max Malini, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince after he saved him and trains the cop to be The Cape.

Summer Glau as Orwell, an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City. She becomes Vince's ally and helps him.

Dorian Missick as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend to Faraday.

Vinnie Jones as Scales, a frightening man with a freakish skin condition that gives him the appearance of green and gold scales.

Info source: wikipedia.org

A preview for the show can be see on youtube (link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfJSZZpia0

12 years ago
Comments
romeo53
guru

Am I loosing my mind or does this sound a lot like the greatest american hero

12 years ago
thor

The above link is dead. The following link will take you to the preview at NBC.

http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/video/the-cape-full-length-trailer/1228325/

Show premiers Jan 9th.

11 years ago
thor

Summer Glau looks Sooooo Hot in this clip

http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/video/wheres-your-cape/1264267

11 years ago
starbuck13
guru

This sounds great and I'm glad Summer is back.Only hope that this series will be on air longer than 2 seasons.

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

I'll definitely give it a shot. Good concept lets see the execution and support from the network...

11 years ago
nogds9
guru

Hey,is anybody excited about the premire tonight.I am,haven't felt this way about a show since LOST.Preveiws looked good.

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

downloading now hope it's good finger's crossed

11 years ago
nogds9
guru

Just finished watching the premiere,it was excellent.Fresh and imaginative.It's a keeper.

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

now downloading episode 2

that sounds good nogds9

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

well i watched both episodes it will have to pick up a lot it was'nt bad it was just very weak

11 years ago

I liked it a lot. So far it seems better than most cape and mask shows. I love the circus gang.

11 years ago
starbuck13
guru

It was pretty good but like romeo53 said,it was weak.I hope it will get better.

11 years ago
klodovik
guru

I watched only because of Summer Glau. Very pathetic. I hope it will get better. x2

11 years ago
thor

I have to admit, I was left disappointed.

11 years ago
alex4u

Well its just a 3 episode old so its too early to judge just give it time I think it will get better.

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

l'll give it 5 episodes it will have to improve in leaps and bounds for me to stick with it

11 years ago
katel
guru

Shows need to grab you from the start or they lose their audience.

If the audience need to give a show 5, 6, or 7 episodes then they've already lost at least half of the audience because for the most part people will make a decision on a show within the first 2 episodes, 3 at the most. IMHO :)

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

i agree katel but i was really hoping this would work we need a good super hero tv show

11 years ago
thor

The show has already lost viewers. Episodes 1 and 2 had 8.45 million viewers. Episode 3 only managed 6.19 million viewers. Making a loss of 2.26 million.

11 years ago
katel
guru

Romeo53, what about No Ordinary Family? That's a fantastic show.

11 years ago
quark
guru

@Katel

This thread is for The Cape

Please use http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_107172

for No Ordinary Family

Thankyou.

11 years ago

Spoiler

I think Orwell is Chess' daughter. The last episode was better than the first two.

11 years ago
thor

@Zandarblade

I think you are right. They have made it too obvious. The whole show is very predictable. I don't think it will make it to season 2.

11 years ago
katel
guru

@quark, I know it's for The Cape. :|

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yeah, I don't think it will make it to season 2 either, but I'm still giving it a shot.

11 years ago
morphieo
expert

wow imma try this.... Get my own opinion

11 years ago

it best get better or it wont last they need to explain the actual cape in a more detailed history and not concentrate on chess as much open the series up some

11 years ago

I liked the train scenes

11 years ago
angelspirit
expert

Ok, so I am right now watching the second episode. The first one was soooo bad, made me soooo sad. A friend at work told me this show was very good and I must say, I wanted to stop 'cause the first episode hurt my feelings :'( "chuif" ... but my friend kept talking about it so I gave it a second chance. It's not hurting so much now, made me laugh already so that's a plus. Summer Glau is a big big big plus (love her acting) so is the circus stuff (nice twist to the hole big hero scene). I hate the chapter titles, they just bug me... A LOT! I guess it has managed to convince me to watch the third episode, but I really hope it gets a lot better.

11 years ago
thor

I think I have given up on this one. I couldn't bring myself to watch this weeks episode. Very disappointed. I guess i'm not alone, official viewing figures show that the show is loosing viewers each week.

Viewers - Millions

Episode 1 - 8.45
Episode 2 - 8.45
Episode 3 - 6.22
Episode 4 - 5.85
Episode 5 - 5.34

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

sorry it's lost me after 3 episodes

11 years ago
morphieo
expert

Its not worth it!

11 years ago
vyp3r

February 1, 2011
NBC reduces 'Cape' order
by James Hibberd

Not a good sign: NBC has reduced its order for The Cape by three episodes.
So instead of 13 episodes, the network is only committing to 10. The move comes after a series low in the ratings for the struggling superhero drama.
This doesn’t mean the show is canceled but … with a new head of entertainment at NBC, who’s gonna save The Cape?

11 years ago
starbuck13
guru

I was hoping this show will succeed but I didn't watch last episode,couldn't force myself.

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

Fell asleep on the last episode. might try it again.

11 years ago
morphieo
expert

@vyp3r they gonna drop it I bet... One Season thats it...

11 years ago
vyp3r

@morphieo

Yeah it usually means they are cutting their losses, so renewal is a very difficult hurdle.

Mind you it has been done before but I just don't see it happening with this show.

11 years ago
morphieo
expert

@vyp3r

I hope something good and new replaces it!

11 years ago

The only thing I don't like about this series is chess. He is supose to be an evil geinus, but he can't figure out who the cape is. What I like the most is the Circus of Crime. Yes some of the poltlines are goofy, but so are a lot of shows plotlines that are still on the air.

11 years ago
lepton7
pro

I can't help feeling troubled when watching this, wincing at the cheesyness, yawning at the tediousness, wishing Summer Glau would take over the storyline, appalled at the cruelty of the bereaved son plot,unable to understand how the police haven't raided the circus yet when a string of bank roberies have been commited by clowns with a midget,and Chess has weird eyes for no reason.

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

Batman and Superman both started out in a cheese factory!!

11 years ago
angelspirit
expert

Chess's eyes just freak me out! Ten episodes now, if they pick up the pace by the end I'll be extremely sad, then it will go from bad to good and canceled... not a good path, not a good path at all.

11 years ago

bad show over all miscast the actors have no chemistry at all even the early batman from the 60s had chemistry and also made fun of them selves this is bad on so many levels if it goes another month I will be surprised

11 years ago

I liked last nights episode. And I think there is good chemistry between the Cape and Orwell, but you are right about there being no chemistry with the bad guys. It seems like they just got whom ever was available at the time.

11 years ago
llast2blast
expert

Except for Orwell, I find The Cape to be on the dull side. It reminds me of a low tech remake of Robo Cop. Is Palm City the only city on their planet. You take your wife and son, and you start a new life in another city. Show is over and done. It seems to be trying to do too much every week with no real moral to this story.

He helps criminals while fighting other criminal. What? It's a drama with his family. It's mystical with the cape. It's Scifi with Orwell. What the heck is it that we are seeing.

Summer needs to be in another good Scifi or action show, and it's bad when she is the only high point in a series.

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

NBC has yet to confirm the fate of "The Cape" it now looks like this will be the only season the series will have as the network confirms it will not air the season finale.

Plans to air the final episode of the season -- and possibly of the series -- have be scrapped and instead the episode will only be available as an online exclusive. This move in itself is not evidence that the series will meet cancellation but it doesn't look good for the comic-book inspired series.

"The Cape" premiered with a 5.0 rating/8 share in a special Sunday airing Jan. 9. However, when the show made its move to its regular Monday slot, ratings fell quickly and have continued to dwindle. Last month the production order for "The Cape" was reduced from 13 episodes to 10, coming as an early indication that this could be the only season of the series.

Despite the audience loss, "The Cape" is holding on to a larger audience than what NBC had been doing with the timeslot previously.

Originally, "The Cape" was pitched for a fall 2010-11 series but failed to inspire enough confidence from NBC that it could survive against such tough competition. Instead, the show was held back as a mid-season replacement with an order for a 13-episode season ... an order that was then cut down to 10

11 years ago

The finale will only be online. Is that not a good indication that it is being cancelled?

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yeah, it's probably done. I'll watch to conclusion though...

11 years ago

Will the last episode be shown on nbc.com, or some other site?

11 years ago
thor

The last episode will air on nbc.com sometime this month. The date has not been confirmed.

11 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.